Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do you think Ashland will do with there new head coach this year?
Who was there new head coach. I remember when they hired him but forgot his name.
Batpuff Wrote:Who was there new head coach. I remember when they hired him but forgot his name.

His name is Buddy Biggs, he was the former coach at Pendleton County.

As for the tomcats this year, I think we'll be better than last year. We have an extremely tough schedule again, but the team has been working hard and doing a lot of conditioning this offseason, and I feel that Coach Biggs may be what this team needed. I notice that we may have some rough times this season since we play teams like Huntington High, and our region will be tough since Russell returns basically everybody from last years team, and young teams like Elliott and Rose Hill that are talented will be hard to beat. But with McDavid, Thomas, and Wilcox returning and a supporting cast that will be stepping up, I feel Ashland has the potential to get back to Rupp for the first time since 2002.
If he can do as well at Ashland as at Pendleton, the Tomcats should be better than last year. Will be interesting to find out.
AshlandTcat06 Wrote:His name is Buddy Biggs, he was the former coach at Pendleton County.

As for the tomcats this year, I think we'll be better than last year. We have an extremely tough schedule again, but the team has been working hard and doing a lot of conditioning this offseason, and I feel that Coach Biggs may be what this team needed. I notice that we may have some rough times this season since we play teams like Huntington High, and our region will be tough since Russell returns basically everybody from last years team, and young teams like Elliott and Rose Hill that are talented will be hard to beat. But with McDavid, Thomas, and Wilcox returning and a supporting cast that will be stepping up, I feel Ashland has the potential to get back to Rupp for the first time since 2002.
who do you think will start this year?
t-cat50 Wrote:who do you think will start this year?

This is off of my head, but here is who I think will start.

PG- Jeremy Rose or Tyler Salyers- it should be a battle for that position.
SG- Matt Thomas
SF- Robbie Wilcox
PF- Drew McDavid
C- Ryan Bonner

Also, I correct what I said about us playing Huntington High. I just found out that they bought out the contract of our game to play another team.
AshlandTcat06 Wrote:His name is Buddy Biggs, he was the former coach at Pendleton County.

your starters will be
Wilcox
Mcdavid
Thomas
Bonner
Bonner
They probally won't beat Rose Hill or Elliot, and for sure won't beat Russell
but the fans will have more fun
knowitall Wrote:your starters will be
Wilcox
Mcdavid
Thomas
Bonner
Bonner

Why won't they beat these teams? I know Rose Hill and Elliott will be tough, but we'll be right up there with them. And just how do you know that we "for sure" won't beat Russell? The Devils return basically everybody from last year's team with the addition of Austin Robinson, and they have earned the right to be the favorite to win the region, but they are not unbeatable.
Yeah, and Marshall could win the national championship too! (just not likely)
Idk,should be a good test to see
Wilcox
Mcdavid
Thomas
Bonner
Bonner

How do you know for sure that luke bonner is gonna play this year? He didn't last year!!
TOMCAT06 Wrote:How do you know for sure that luke bonner is gonna play this year? He didn't last year!!
he is he didn't play before because he didn't like flynn and seems to like biggs.
he says he is pretty sure he is going to play. I don't think he will start right off but might earn a spot he is pretty good.
luke bonner and deon farrow are new senior who didn't play last year but are playing this year.
both will be great off the bench if they don't start.
knowitall Wrote:Yeah, and Marshall could win the national championship too! (just not likely)

:thatsfunn If you're trying to imply that Ashland does not stand a chance against Rose Hill, Elliott, or Russell, you're crazy. I mean NO disrespect towards any of these teams as they all will be very tough for us and anyone else who plays them, but just to let you know, you are highly underrating Ashland.
It should be fun to watch Ashland this year with a new coach and alot of talent.
Anyway you look at it, hopefully it will be better and more fun than last year!!
AshlandTcat06 Wrote::thatsfunn If you're trying to imply that Ashland does not stand a chance against Rose Hill, Elliott, or Russell, you're crazy. I mean NO disrespect towards any of these teams as they all will be very tough for us and anyone else who plays them, but just to let you know, you are highly underrating Ashland.

No, "they gotta chance"
(to quote dumb and dumber):lmao:
Matt Thomas is a great guard who should put up some big number this year.
Looking forward to seeing what they can do!!
Wilcox
Mcdavid
Thomas
Bonner
Bonner

Only One Bonner Is playing Luke Quit Last Season and from what i know isnt planning on playing again but even if he did he would not start over tyler salyers salyers speed and decision making and defensive skills are what Coach biggs will love about him and this will also alow thomas to get open and use his scoring potential ive said tyler salyers has deserved more playing time for a long time
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Only One Bonner Is playing Luke Quit Last Season and from what i know isnt planning on playing again but even if he did he would not start over tyler salyers salyers speed and decision making and defensive skills are what Coach biggs will love about him and this will also alow thomas to get open and use his scoring potential ive said tyler salyers has deserved more playing time for a long time
luke is playing this year he said he likes coach biggs if he don't play it will be because hew isn't healthy after the season.
The tomcats should be fun to watch this season i cant wait and why cant the cats beat russell they split the series with them last year and the cats should be better this year with Ryan bonner with a year of experience and hopefully dont have all the distractions they had last season
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:The tomcats should be fun to watch this season i cant wait and why cant the cats beat russell they split the series with them last year and the cats should be better this year with Ryan bonner with a year of experience and hopefully dont have all the distractions they had last season
And who is going to replace Cannoy, Reliford, and Williams?
duh
knowitall Wrote:And who is going to replace Cannoy, Reliford, and Williams?
duh

The only one that will be ahrd to replace will be cannoy reliford was benched midway through the season last year and never really had that much production anyways and williams was a undersized 5-man who got pushed around last year especially in districts and regionals he could shoot a little but that was his only strength and with Ryan Bonner And Tyler Salyer Getting More Playing time along with a new system under coach buggs and wilcox thomas and The Best Player In the region Drew Mcdavid returning the tomcats will be greatlyimproved and have a serious chance of going to rupp arena
I think the team will be really excited to do well this season with a new coach and all i think its just what the tomcats needed
TOMCAT06 Wrote:I think the team will be really excited to do well this season with a new coach and all i think its just what the tomcats needed

:thumpsup: :thumpsup: :thumpsup:
TOMCAT06 Wrote:I think the team will be really excited to do well this season with a new coach and all i think its just what the tomcats needed
What will your opinion of the new coach be if Rose Hill beats you?
[QUOTE=tomcatfan722000]The only one that will be ahrd to replace will be cannoy reliford was benched midway through the season last year and never really had that much production anyways and williams was a undersized 5-man who got pushed around last year especially in districts and regionals he could shoot a little but that was his only strength and with Ryan Bonner And Tyler Salyer Getting More Playing time along with a new system under coach buggs and wilcox thomas and The Best Player In the region Drew Mcdavid returning the tomcats will be greatlyimproved and CAN GO TO RUPP IF THEY BUY THEIR TICKETS EARLY :Clap:

Who you gonna put on Scott Gill?:flame:
knowitall Wrote:[QUOTE=tomcatfan722000]The only one that will be ahrd to replace will be cannoy reliford was benched midway through the season last year and never really had that much production anyways and williams was a undersized 5-man who got pushed around last year especially in districts and regionals he could shoot a little but that was his only strength and with Ryan Bonner And Tyler Salyer Getting More Playing time along with a new system under coach buggs and wilcox thomas and The Best Player In the region Drew Mcdavid returning the tomcats will be greatlyimproved and CAN GO TO RUPP IF THEY BUY THEIR TICKETS EARLY :Clap:

Who you gonna put on Scott Gill?:flame:
thomas
knowitall Wrote:What will your opinion of the new coach be if Rose Hill beats you?

the keyword there was IF:thumpsup:
Pages: 1 2