Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region Summer Ball?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just curious as to how the 13th region teams are looking this summer so far. Any team surprises? Any player surprises?
I would have to say that Fred Massey being at Williamsburg has improved them. They beat Knox in the first round of the Region last year and return a lot of there team. I look for them to be the team to beat in the All A. Then compete for the district title and possibly more.
Anyone seen Bell County this summer? I haven't heard much on Lew's team.
ArJay Wrote:Anyone seen Bell County this summer? I haven't heard much on Lew's team.

The only thing that I know is they went to UT-Chattanooga this week.
I seen in the newspaper where Pineville is playing well.
Bell beat Lynn Camp and lost to Harlan County on Monday at HCHS.
They will be competitive but lost several good players.
Preseason top 10, 2014-15. I believe the 13th will be much improved this season.
1. Knox
2. Clay Co.
3. Williamsburg
4. Corbin
5. Harlan Co.
6. North
7. Whitley Co.
8. South
9. Bell Co.
10. Jackson Co.
^
Whitley lost one kid and had there best year in a long time last year.
They should be the favorite in the 50th, although South and Corbin should be close behind.
Mountain Wrote:Preseason top 10, 2014-15. I believe the 13th will be much improved this season.
1. Knox
2. Clay Co.
3. Williamsburg
4. Corbin
5. Harlan Co.
6. North
7. Whitley Co.
8. South
9. Bell Co.
10. Jackson Co.
Top 4 will be very close. Corbin should be ranked higher. They played Clay Co. close.
Corbin will be back in the region finals.

Corbin is young but they work hard and are well coached to cover up deficits.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Whitley lost one kid and had there best year in a long time last year.
They should be the favorite in the 50th, although South and Corbin should be close behind.

Williamsburg may be ranked ahead of all of them. Four starters are back, plus Massey, on a senior-dominated team.
I think you could make a case that all four are in the top eight in the region.
HDE Wrote:Williamsburg may be ranked ahead of all of them. Four starters are back, plus Massey, on a senior-dominated team.
I think you could make a case that all four are in the top eight in the region.

Have you seen Corbin this summer? I was wondering if Hopper was playing as well as he did last year in the regional tournament? I'm guessing that their starting 5 at this point would be Browning, Hopper, Hopkins, Maguet and Taylor.
Corbin will always find a way to compete. I heard south got a good big to transfer in. If so they will be higher.
I love rankings as good as the next and love to agree or disagree with them but truth of it is in the 13th this year anybody can beat anybody. whoever gets hot and playing well at the end will win it
on paper clay and knox are the best but thats on paper. I look for north to have a really good year. I am a south guy and even I aint sure what to expect this year. I think south is a couple years away but will be competitive I hope
Mountain Wrote:Preseason top 10, 2014-15. I believe the 13th will be much improved this season.
1. Knox
2. Clay Co.
3. Williamsburg
4. Corbin
5. Harlan Co.
6. North
7. Whitley Co.
8. South
9. Bell Co.
10. Jackson Co.

I think that's the top 10, but the order could change slightly.
I think Knox and Clay should have the edge going into the season, but the next six to eight teams are very close.
I need to get out and see some games but would totally agree with Knox 1 and Clay 2 heading into the season. I understand it's super early but just on what they return they should be at the top. Clay has a very solid four that can compete with anybody in the state in Farmer, Smith, Wolfe, and House with Sexton starting for a small lineup. McDaniel would have made for a potential top 10 team. No significant size inside can hurt at the big level but you can survive in the mountains with 6'4-5". Saw Corbin play a couple weeks back and they looked pretty solid, they'll always be there.
Knox should be very good but they don't have a coach yet so I would hold on putting them at top of the list yet
As it always is, Clay and Corbin own this region.
It will continue to be that way.
In the 50th it could be a 4 way tie. The teams are very even from top to bottom.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:As it always is, Clay and Corbin own this region.
It will continue to be that way.

Again with the "always."
Corbin was not a factor all through the 60s, 70s and most of the 80s.
Clay went over 10 years between championships and didn't win a regional tournament game for several years until Marcum started the current run.
They are both good and could make it back to the finals or neither could be there.
Knox Central is as good as either of them right now, even without a coach.
North, South, Whitley, Williamsburg, Harlan County, Bell County and Jackson County will all be competitive, and maybe some others.
north looked bad yesterday at kba. got beat 20 by a very avg somerset team. broughton did not play though. North played very soft and timid. somerset was just more physical and north just didnt seem to want any. brad will get them playing much better though. I look for them to have a good year
I saw Williamsburg, Corbin and South this summer. 50th district will be strong .. That is if the Baxter kid keeps his head on straight.
Knox could be top, depends on what Mr. Canady does on the hire!!
HDE Wrote:Again with the "always."
Corbin was not a factor all through the 60s, 70s and most of the 80s.
Clay went over 10 years between championships and didn't win a regional tournament game for several years until Marcum started the current run.
They are both good and could make it back to the finals or neither could be there.
Knox Central is as good as either of them right now, even without a coach.
North, South, Whitley, Williamsburg, Harlan County, Bell County and Jackson County will all be competitive, and maybe some others.

Who was right last year?
While you all were picking Knox, Jackson, among others, I told you who would be there. Im not 60 and wasn't alive for the 60's, 70's, and half of the 80's, so when you look at "always" for me, im DEAD on.

Once again, Its Clays or Corbins, and im picking Clay to go back to Rupp. Theres no sense in picking a team like Knox who has never won anything, or anyone else like that. Its "always" Clay or Corbin for me, and that will happen again next year.
redstorm Wrote:I saw Williamsburg, Corbin and South this summer. 50th district will be strong .. That is if the Baxter kid keeps his head on straight.
Knox could be top, depends on what Mr. Canady does on the hire!!

Williamsburg will be a tough out by playoff. And if Mr. Canada hires a tim parks. I will be picking Knox to win the 13th Regions. 64SUR :popcorn:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Who was right last year?
While you all were picking Knox, Jackson, among others, I told you who would be there. Im not 60 and wasn't alive for the 60's, 70's, and half of the 80's, so when you look at "always" for me, im DEAD on.

Once again, Its Clays or Corbins, and im picking Clay to go back to Rupp. Theres no sense in picking a team like Knox who has never won anything, or anyone else like that. Its "always" Clay or Corbin for me, and that will happen again next year.

South, Rockcastle and Harlan have also won multiple championships since the mid 80s. It's not always for anybody.
1. Knox
2. Clay Co.
3. Williamsburg
4. Corbin
5. Harlan Co.
6. North
7. Whitley Co.
8. South
9. Bell Co.
10. Jackson Co.

Corbin beat Clay at Lynn Camp Friday by 2 in sudden death with last shot by Andrew Taylor. Taylor had around 40 points.

Think Corbin and Clay Co are will be in the region championship again.
HDE Wrote:South, Rockcastle and Harlan have also won multiple championships since the mid 80s. It's not always for anybody.

South got on a little run with unheard of talent for this area, and that's gone, along with there coach. They may have a few good years, but South Laurel basketball isn't what it use to be. IMHO, there going to have a hard time making it out of district before lone.

Rockcastle is irrelevant. There not even in this region anymore, and if im not mistaken, they only won two or three titles at most. I have the list somewhere.

Harlan who? That's what has been said since 1990.

Corbin and Clay both EACH have more titles than the rest of the region combined.
Tim parks , never heard of him .. Was he asst at Clay co. ?
Was asst at Clay, now asst at Hazard.
Parks played on Clay County team in 2001. This team played 2 games at Rupp.
Pages: 1 2 3 4