Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County vs. Covington Catholic (Sweet 16 First Round)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Some of our good friends from northern Kentucky should be taken on a guided tour of some places in the mountains and then they would fully understand the socioeconomic differences in the two areas.
Boy, you guys really know how to drag this to the garbage. Not once had anybody ever said anything racial at that game. You guys are a joke. It's hard to believe that a moderator let you post that you should be banned from the site!
strawberryshakeman Wrote:Boy, you guys really know how to drag this to the garbage. Not once had anybody ever said anything racial at that game. You guys are a joke. It's hard to believe that a moderator let you post that you should be banned from the site!

I have to agree, I don't care what color the teams are, how much the money the schools are worth or who's daddy is going to jail. This is about what happens on the court. The kids will be better served if everyone keps their comments along those lines.
CC BY 5 :rockon:
Count Wrote:I have to agree, I don't care what color the teams are, how much the money the schools are worth or who's daddy is going to jail. This is about what happens on the court. The kids will be better served if everyone keps their comments along those lines.
CC BY 5 :rockon:

In this game predicting a CC win is a no brainer. If the two teams played 100 times CC would win 100 times. Of course CC would also lose 100 times.
rojas Wrote:In this game predicting a CC win is a no brainer. If the two teams played 100 times CC would win 100 times. Of course CC would also lose 100 times.

Ur right, CLAY CO. by 5:insane:
I have no clue, I have no intention of ever going to Clay County. You may be correct that the whole county is a ghetto. I seriously doubt it though. Every area has its good and its bad. NKY has a few really nice areas, and a few areas that you do not go into after dark. Just what it is. I'm certain neither place is sitting on both polar opposites.
You couldn't be more wrong about the Cov Cath fans and student section. The administration keeps a tight handle on the cheers and interaction. Way to paint a broad brush about Catholic schools by the way.
As a northern Kentucky resident who has roots in eastern Ky, I am sensitive to how that region is perceived. Your generalizations about Catholic schools don't seem to be any less ridiculous than the stereotypes that you claim others heap upon eastern Ky.
McDaniel must play better for Clay Co. than he did at last year's state tourney for them to have any kind of chance to win. They also need to keep the pace of the game slow and try and grind it out.
bluedad1 Wrote:You couldn't be more wrong about the Cov Cath fans and student section. The administration keeps a tight handle on the cheers and interaction. Way to paint a broad brush about Catholic schools by the way.
As a northern Kentucky resident who has roots in eastern Ky, I am sensitive to how that region is perceived. Your generalizations about Catholic schools don't seem to be any less ridiculous than the stereotypes that you claim others heap upon eastern Ky.

Exactly. No more talk of NKY/EKY. It's ridiculous. Stay on topic folks.
SEKYFAN Wrote:McDaniel must play better for Clay Co. than he did at last year's state tourney for them to have any kind of chance to win. They also need to keep the pace of the game slow and try and grind it out.

I see McDaniel having a far better game this year. I think he will be more of a floor general, he has a different supporting cast this year. The sophs for Clay have a different mentality than the kids last year, the sophs enjoy the big games and want to shine and I think McDaniel will put them in the right spots to do so.
Thanks Alfus I.ve been wiating for you.:Thumbs:
Yea, you have to remember that no player on Clay's team last year had any experience playing at Rupp while Knott was making back-to-back trips. Going into that game, I thought that would be a factor. That being said, I also expect McDaniel to have a better performance (better %, less turnovers, the points were there), Allen has been to Rupp with NL, as well as Smith and Wolfe saw some action last year. I'm hoping for a competitive game, would love to see the Tigers pull this one off. But, once again:

Covington Catholic - 72
Clay County - 65
bluedad1 Wrote:You couldn't be more wrong about the Cov Cath fans and student section. The administration keeps a tight handle on the cheers and interaction. Way to paint a broad brush about Catholic schools by the way.

As a graduate of and staunch supporter of Catholic schools, it has always been my experience that those who take shots at private schools are both jealous and uninformed.
Hey... McDaniel could blow up and show everyone why he's been the best player in the 13th region since his 8th grade year.:flame:
I'm still saying Clay by 5
HARRY...LET IT GO:please:
UKCC Wrote:Yea, you have to remember that no player on Clay's team last year had any experience playing at Rupp while Knott was making back-to-back trips. Going into that game, I thought that would be a factor. That being said, I also expect McDaniel to have a better performance (better %, less turnovers, the points were there), Allen has been to Rupp with NL, as well as Smith and Wolfe saw some action last year. I'm hoping for a competitive game, would love to see the Tigers pull this one off. But, once again:

Covington Catholic - 72
Clay County - 65

:what: UKCC...Don't ever give up :yikes:
64SUR Wrote::what: UKCC...Don't ever give up :yikes:

Haha, just like my NCAA brackets, I do 2. One with my team (UK, CC) winning it all and one of my realistic expectations. I honestly think even if the Tigers lose they're going to make it close at the end. Either way, I'm proud of the boys and if they get the W, then party at El Cazador!
Good Luck to the Tigers.

Tigers...Stop the Buses!
Go Big Clay!
An now from the 13th region the Clay county tigers :muscleman
If Clay plays defense they will come away with the win. Beards on the court and mullets in the stands can't be beat. Go Tigers...we are rooting for you!

Great post! I'm actually very surprised at some of the comments I've read in this thread.

Clay has their work cut out for them; and there's no doubt about that! The socioeconomic issues between the two regions exist in abundance, and there's no doubt about that either. It doesn't make one region better, worse, ignorant or snooty. It just makes them different. Every school and every fan base have their classy members and they often times will sit close to the token idiots that are part of every fan base, too.

All that being said, if Clay County pulls this out, it will be surprising to many. That's why I LOVE tournaments though; anything can happen on any given game night.

So go Tigers!!!! Sure hope you guys bring it home!!!

Clay County is considered a mountain team, IMO. I support mountain teams.
I've heard a rumor that Clay's whole teams have grown beards for the game. Can anyone confirm this? I didn't know McDaniel or Baby Face Blake Smith could grow one, but we will see. Phil Robertson will be on hand to offer Trey Farmer a deal to join Duck Dynasty also. Go Tigers!
Pages: 1 2 3 4