Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County vs. Covington Catholic (Sweet 16 First Round)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I think Clay plays good, but in the end Covington Catholic wins 75 - 63.
Clay 54
CC 50
Broken Arrow you must been looking through crazy glasses if you think the refs took anything from Clay when they played Wayne. They were just like several teams we played this year that roughing Wayne was the way to beat them. I guess thats why we are sitting at 31&1 is because refs taking all those games. You had about 3 guys that night that thought football season was still going on. Could have been players had technical fouls easily called in that game for rough play. There has been players ejected from other teams this season for trying the same tactics against us. I would love to see Clay win a couple games in the state, maybe we can play again.
Cards1947 Wrote:Broken Arrow you must been looking through crazy glasses if you think the refs took anything from Clay when they played Wayne. They were just like several teams we played this year that roughing Wayne was the way to beat them. I guess thats why we are sitting at 31&1 is because refs taking all those games. You had about 3 guys that night that thought football season was still going on. Could have been players had technical fouls easily called in that game for rough play. There has been players ejected from other teams this season for trying the same tactics against us. I would love to see Clay win a couple games in the state, maybe we can play again.

I'm not saying Wayne is not good but we had guys tells us when we walked in the building we wasnt winning. They said the Lakers couldn't win in this building. He said there will be an older gray haired ref ( he said his name I can't remember) he s in woods pocket. Sure enough called every call against Clay. Some calls wasn't even close. Now I know everyone gets a little home cooking but that was ridiculous. Yeah I hope we can win a few too cause I know we are a better team on a neutral floor. You have 2 players that live and die by the 3 and u have 0 inside game. But I'm not worried about Wayne we have bigger fish to fry in trying to beat Cov. Cath. I see I struck a nerve in the emotionally weak Wayne county fan base......coal keeps the lights on and woods keeps the refs fat and happy just like coach kieth used to:Thumbs:
BFritz Wrote:Don't know enough about Clay to make a call, but if CovCath hits it's shots, then no one can play with them.

They can't slow it down again like they did against Holmes if they get up.

No shizzle Sherlock! If ANY TEAM "hits it's shots" they are hard to beat.
Oh yeah I forgot free throws 26 to 7 and none of clays guards shot one all night. That's pathetic considering how well Clays guards get to rim.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:No shizzle Sherlock! If ANY TEAM "hits it's shots" they are hard to beat.

good to see my favorite pig back on the site go CLAY:Cheerlead
cherokee Wrote:good to see my favorite pig back on the site go CLAY:Cheerlead

He looks better in the the picture than in person. Confusednicker:
I spoke on the Clay Wayne game back in January and no one backed me up, where were you Arrow? Lol they're speaking of Farmer who had 6 offensive fouls and 4 were called. Woods got in the ear of "that ref" and it was over after that. I got burned because of Keith back in the day but nevertheless it was horrible that night.
UKCC Wrote:I spoke on the Clay Wayne game back in January and no one backed me up, where were you Arrow? Lol they're speaking of Farmer who had 6 offensive fouls and 4 were called. Woods got in the ear of "that ref" and it was over after that. I got burned because of Keith back in the day but nevertheless it was horrible that night.

Sorry UK. I must not have seen it on here. Because that's the most lopsided calling I've seen in years.
Wayne game was rigged. Clay had them beat and Rodney Woods worked a little magic. Not saying Wayne isn't a good team but they can't hang with teams that play physical or have size. They are 5'10-6'3 150 across the board. They all play extremely well together and run Woods system to perfection but they can't handle teams that bring physicality to the game. Clay had that game and the refs took it, end of story.
Yep, agreed. Time to focus on pulling this off against Cov Cath.
Good Luck to Coach Marcum and the CC Tigers.
Go Big Clay!
As I was leaving the game a man from Wayne Co told me that CC was a 20 point better team, but on their home court u must be at least 30 PTs better to get the win. At least that guy was man enuff to admit that WC are CHEATERS!!
I've watched a few game tapes on Cov. Cath. and I think they r very beatable by CC. Their PG is very talented but I think Smith will cause him problems with his length. I also think CC has a few mismatches on the offensive end. With that being said I'm going with CC by 5. Close all the way. I was trash talking in my earlier post but I truly believe CC gets the win. :truestory:
Pulling for Clay, but I am afraid this will be a dose
Ruthsatz will be one of the better guards Clay has faced. He's plays very similar to Fox except not as big, so Smith's length could and should cause him problems. House could give him a break as needed. The trouble for Clay is that he's surrounded by a lot of talent and it's going to be very tough to stop them all. Although the defense improved a little toward the end of the season, they'll have to play much better to get the win. Allen, Farmer, and McDaniel have to come out totally defensive minded and be stoppers. If they do this, the offense will take care of itself, and they just may have a shot. Do 13th proud and get us a win!
General Jackson Wrote:Ruthsatz will be one of the better guards Clay has faced. He's plays very similar to Fox except not as big, so Smith's length could and should cause him problems. House could give him a break as needed. The trouble for Clay is that he's surrounded by a lot of talent and it's going to be very tough to stop them all. Although the defense improved a little toward the end of the season, they'll have to play much better to get the win. Allen, Farmer, and McDaniel have to come out totally defensive minded and be stoppers. If they do this, the offense will take care of itself, and they just may have a shot. Do 13th proud and get us a win!

Thanks for the support General, and I agree this team can flat out stroke it. Must play our best game in order to win. But it all starts on defense. This will be the best defensive team we have faced all year, just hope our kids will match their effort and go toe to toe with them.:thatsfunn
Still talking about the Clay/Wayne game? Goodness gracious. There were a lot of bad calls that game BOTH ways. Like I said before, if you don't want fouls called DON'T foul. End of story. Clay's game plan was obvious to everyone in the gym. I'm sure Woods would have a good laugh at folks saying he had some of those refs in his back pocket....what a crock.

Man up...it cheapens your fan base to complain about a game that had bad calls both ways and throw out ridiculous statements like "gotta be 30 points better to get a win". I think Wayne's record of 31-1 speaks for itself. Y'all think most of those games were "rigged" too? Laughable.
BrokenArrow Wrote:I see I struck a nerve in the emotionally weak Wayne county fan base......:

Hilarious! Still crying about a game and claiming the refs "took" it. I think our emotionally weak fan base will be just fine. We didn't make excuses in the state championship football game and we won't make excuses at Rupp. I actually sat with a Clay County alum and he was even talking about Clay's cheap shots that weren't getting called.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:No shizzle Sherlock! If ANY TEAM "hits it's shots" they are hard to beat.

:lmao:

You are the bomb, SKINNYPIG!!!

Okay, I've got a prediction for you:

CC 68
CC 67
Confusednicker:

Go Tigers!!!!
Cov cath 69 clay 56
Gravy Wrote:Hilarious! Still crying about a game and claiming the refs "took" it. I think our emotionally weak fan base will be just fine. We didn't make excuses in the state championship football game and we won't make excuses at Rupp. I actually sat with a Clay County alum and he was even talking about Clay's cheap shots that weren't getting called.

Emotionally weak, Yes 100%, still butt hurt over football i see, You haven't beat anybody all year but KCC, Away from home. Anyone can win home games when you have the Refs in your pocket, Heck Clay County went over a decade without a home loss, when you make some noise at state and hang a banner or 2, then i will give you your dues, until then go get on your teams thread and worry about your game. :ape:
CovCath is the master of the dark arts and are bout as close as a Duke clone as a high school team can be, all the way down to the "crazies." They take a TON of charges/flops and will be in your face all the way down the floor defensively, whether you have the ball or not. Ruthsatz is an expert at selling the call. Totally legal, totally legit, totally frustrating as hell. They space the floor well, and Clay will have to guard all five players. As an NKY guy, good luck Colonels. For the rest of you, you are in for a treat w/ CovCath's student section.
Covington Catholic has one of the best student sections in the State. On the opposite end, Clay County has one of the worst!
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Doubt he will have to this year. He didn't have anyone who could handle the big lights on the team last year and he did his best to keep his team in the game offensively and defensively. Him, Allen, Wolfe and Smith have experience there and Farmer's dads jersey hangs in the rafters. Probably a better chance that Ruthsatz breaks that record than Chip, although that one may last awhile haha

Is it still there or did they replace it with a new stripped version?:biggrin:
sstack Wrote:Is it still there or did they replace it with a new stripped version?:biggrin:
Cute comment. Prison or no he can say that. Pretty impressive for a 6' white boy from Clay County, Kentucky.
[quote=sstack]Is it still there or did they replace it with a new stripped version?:biggrin:[/QUOTE

Really, Come on Man. Dude screwed up, had nothing to do with his playing career or his son. He's gonna be punished enough by missing his kids entire high school career. I dont agree with what he done but let it go.
CovCath big! Ruthsatz is imo the best point in nky. Better than Pangallo and Bolden. He doesn't make any mistakes and makes you pay when you make one. Shult and Shue play the same way. By the way, CovCath student section is the best in the state. If you haven't seen them, you are in for a treat!
Big Red Machine Wrote:Covington Catholic has one of the best student sections in the State. On the opposite end, Clay County has one of the worst!

Clay student sections is one of the best they wear gold shirts :biglmao:
Pages: 1 2 3 4