Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 24 Pikeville 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Closer then I thought it would be..sounded like a great game on the radio.
Good game lets keep this thread clean. Congrats Pirates.
Belfry made the big plays when they had to on both offense and defense and this is what good teams do. Congrats to the Pirates on the big win. A 4 point loss to Belfry is not the end of the world. Tough loss for the Panthers but they need to get over it and get ready for the next game...I think both of these teams have a good chance to bring region titles home to Pike County.
PHSFAN Wrote:Belfry made the big plays when they had to on both offense and defense and this is what good teams do. Congrats to the Pirates on the big win. A 4 point loss to Belfry is not the end of the world. Tough loss for the Panthers but they need to get over it and get ready for the next game...I think both of these teams have a good chance to bring region titles home to Pike County.

I believe you may be right.
congrats belfry on a hard fought win...does anyone know the score on the sheldon clark p-burg game....
Very good game and both teams made many mistakes! I agree that both teams will go deep in the playoffs! Keep your heads up Pikeville! You made it a battle!
BelfryJustice Wrote:Very good game and both teams made many mistakes! I agree that both teams will go deep in the playoffs! Keep your heads up Pikeville! You made it a battle!

Apparently the mistakes were abundant for both teams. Penalties for the Panthers and fumbles by the Pirates. Im telling you if both teams can correct these problems they will both have a great chance at being in Louisville come December.
Way to go Belfry! What a great game. This reminds me of times of old. Nothing like a Belfry/Pikeville game. The rivalry continues.
wooderson Wrote:Apparently the mistakes were abundant for both teams. Penalties for the Panthers and fumbles by the Pirates. Im telling you if both teams can correct these problems they will both have a great chance at being in Louisville come December.

I agree! :notworthy
I really thought Belfry would dominate. Pikeville is solid and if a 30-7 loss to Henry clay when Henry clay beat Boyle by 50 don't prove it I think tonight definately does.
Congrats Belfry on the win. Pikeville it's time to step it up a notch.
Getum-Choppin Wrote:I really thought Belfry would dominate. Pikeville is solid and if a 30-7 loss to Henry clay when Henry clay beat Boyle by 50 don't prove it I think tonight definately does.

Im one Belfry supporter who knew all along Pikeville was the real deal.
DAVIS_MSU Wrote:congrats belfry on a hard fought win...does anyone know the score on the sheldon clark p-burg game....

Yea, P-burg won 20-17 in OT
Congrats to Belfry and to Pikeville on a good hard faught game
Congrats Belfry on the win. Also good job to Pikeville who really has stepped it up this year.
Prestonsburg 20 Sheldon Clark 17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good game!!!!!! We need to hold on the ball........... It's still a good win
i would love to see a boyle county situation in pike, title town.
Way to go Pirates !!!!

Good Luck to Pikeville the rest of the season. Hopefully we will have two Pike County teams in Louisville this year !!!
Great game Belfry, I am proud to be a Pirate, they were the tougher team. Belfry ran the ball on Pikeville just like suspected. Also on a side note, Pikeville needs to start trying to stay composed, they let way too much get to them and its not just the players either.
Great Game Belfry, glad to see the Pirates come away with the W
Pikeville ran the ball on Belfry just as suspected. There should be no more talk of Belfry wearing down Pikeville in the 2nd half. Pikeville at least as strong and in shape as Belfry. Mistakes killed Pikeville tonight. I can't stand any loss, but this game will help Pikeville a great deal down the road.
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville ran the ball on Belfry just as suspected. There should be no more talk of Belfry wearing down Pikeville in the 2nd half. Pikeville at least as strong and in shape as Belfry. Mistakes killed Pikeville tonight. I can't stand any loss, but this game will help Pikeville a great deal down the road.

Did Belfry mistakes play any role in the fact that this was a good game?
Congrats Belfry for a hard fought game.
BelfryJustice Wrote:Did Belfry mistakes play any role in the fact that this was a good game?

Both teams made mistakes. Pikeville lost a fumble inside the Belfry 10 late in the first half that really hurt, they had about a 5 yard punt that gave Belfry the ball on the Pikeville 35, they gave up a 94 yard KO return, which should NEVER happen, and they had about 15 penalties that hurt them all night long.
Belfry had 2 or 3 penalties all night, but lost a couple fumbles. Both teams will get better I believe.
One quick question...when does a play end?
That was the most unsportsman like conduct by Pikeville i have ever seen in my life,,,And the late hits on Belfry's QB, Uncalled for!!!!!!!!! Shame.
Won in the Trenches Wrote:One quick question...when does a play end?

When the whistle blows.
Congrats to Belfry. Penalties got Pikeville beat tonght plain and simple.
jetpilot Wrote:When the whistle blows.

Then why was the late hit penalty flag thrown? #2 hit the kid from belfry when he was on a knee and the whistle hadnt blown (from my understanding) and the referees (from what i hear) said that the rule is that when the player is "down" the play is over...but how do you describe "down"...just really confused me
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6