Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 24 Pikeville 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
THIS WAS A GREAT GAME!!!! I DIDNT UNDERESTIMATE PIKEVILLE ONE BIT. I KNEW THEY WOULD WALK ON THAT FIELD READY TO PLAY SOME BALL. I DID NOTICE THAT EMOTIONS TOOK OVER A FEW TIMES AND THATS NEVER GOOD. IT JUST CAUSES PENALTIES AND MISTAKES. AND ITS NOT JUST PIKEVILLE, ALL TEAMS DEAL WITH IT.

CHAPMAN HAD A GREAT NIGHT, AND I HAVE TO GIVE ELKINS HIS PROPS, HE TOOK A LICKING BUT KEPT ON TICKING... THE MOST COOL HEADED QUARTER BACK IVE SAW IN A WHILE.. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK..
AND THEN THERES OLE FAITHFUL, # 61 GLEN "HOSS" EARNEST.... WHAT A LEG ON THAT YOUNGEN!!!! NAILED EVERY KICK.
MISTAKES FROM BOTH TEAMS, BUT NO ONE HAS A PERFECT GAME.
CONGRATS TO THE BUCHANEERS ON A WELL DESERVED WIN...
AND TO PIKEVILLE; KEEP YOUR HEADS UP AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!TongueirateSho
Rocky Wrote:That was the most unsportsman like conduct by Pikeville i have ever seen in my life,,,And the late hits on Belfry's QB, Uncalled for!!!!!!!!! Shame.

when and who hit him?
It was almost every play!!
Rocky Wrote:That was the most unsportsman like conduct by Pikeville i have ever seen in my life,,,And the late hits on Belfry's QB, Uncalled for!!!!!!!!! Shame.

I was not at the game but have talked to a couple of people that were and they echo your sentiments.
^^^None of those people saw the game I watched then. Sounds like whining to me.
jetpilot Wrote:^^^None of those people saw the game I watched then. Sounds like whining to me.

I hate to tell you but the web cast guys said the same thing!
Rocky Wrote:It was almost every play!!

Uhm, because he was running his fake out....its legal to hit the QB when hes running a fake, and im sure it was part of Pikeville's defensive scheme.
BelfryJustice Wrote:I hate to tell you but the web cast guys said the same thing!

Said what, poor sportsmanship by Pikeville??? I doubt that.
jetpilot Wrote:Said what, poor sportsmanship by Pikeville??? I doubt that.

They said that it was a late hit!
BelfryJustice Wrote:They said that it was a late hit!

WHICH HIT? lol someone elaborate!
Who really cares about the late hits. It didnt affect the outcome so lets leave it at that. Belfry won in a good game. Comments about a great game involving two excellent teams should be the basis for this thread. Not cheapshots or jabs at each other.
Won in the Trenches Wrote:Then why was the late hit penalty flag thrown? #2 hit the kid from belfry when he was on a knee and the whistle hadnt blown (from my understanding) and the referees (from what i hear) said that the rule is that when the player is "down" the play is over...but how do you describe "down"...just really confused me

The play is over in high school football when the knee hits the ground! The NFL is a different story!
All I know to say about this game is that #2 cost that Panthers this game his emotions need to be held in check. I think the whole Pikeville Panthers as a team and coachng staff need to learn how to compose themselves, it was actually funny sometimes to see how thier coach was acting.
There were two late hits and a 15 yard face mask called on Pikeville, along with about 10 offsides/illegal procedure and a couple delay of game. The first late hit I thought was a bad call. The face mask was the correct call, the kid made a good play at the LOS but did grab the mask. I didn't see the other late hit so I don't know. There was no unsportsmanlike behavior at the game that I saw by anyone on the field or in the stands.
BelfryJustice Wrote:The play is over in high school football when the knee hits the ground! The NFL is a different story!

Yeah but how do you judge that?...one player may see the knee hit the ground but the refs may not...i think its the officials job to end the play with a whistle..(if you remember, Belfry scored on a big run last year when every Pikeville player thought (Chapman, I believe) was down)
Congrats to Belfry
Won in the Trenches Wrote:Yeah but how do you judge that?...one player may see the knee hit the ground but the refs may not...i think its the officials job to end the play with a whistle..(if you remember, Belfry scored on a big run last year when every Pikeville player thought (Chapman, I believe) was down)

I agree that it is the job of the ref to blow the whistle! This is high school KIDS and they must be protected.
Good job to both teams.
BelfryJustice Wrote:I agree that it is the job of the ref to blow the whistle! This is high school KIDS and they must be protected.

I agree with that, but I didnt see why the flag was thrown as the whistle hadnt been blown..I could see that they want to protect the kids but they have to understand that kids want to play until the whistle and thats the way the coaches coach.
Pikeville does have a good defense, but as I said before the game, they wouldn't be able to stop the Pirates an they didn't!
Belfry_99 Wrote:Pikeville does have a good defense, but as I said before the game, they wouldn't be able to stop the Pirates an they didn't!

I thought they did a pretty good job until that last drive in the fourth quarter...
Belfry_99 Wrote:Pikeville does have a good defense, but as I said before the game, they wouldn't be able to stop the Pirates an they didn't!

Take away the special teams score and Pikeville's D gave up 17 points - WITH A TON OF PENALTIES. Belfry's D gave up 20. So Pikeville's D actually stopped Belfry better than Belfry's D stopped Pikeville.
Both teams had a difficult time with the run!
jetpilot Wrote:Take away the special teams score and Pikeville's D gave up 17 points - WITH A TON OF PENALTIES. Belfry's D gave up 20. So Pikeville's D actually stopped Belfry better than Belfry's D stopped Pikeville.

Pikeville got whooped on special teams tonite...gave up 11 points..
7 on the kickoff return
3 when belfry blocked the FG in the first half
1 missed PAT
jetpilot Wrote:Take away the special teams score and Pikeville's D gave up 17 points - WITH A TON OF PENALTIES. Belfry's D gave up 20. So Pikeville's D actually stopped Belfry better than Belfry's D stopped Pikeville.

Now that right there is one heck of an analysis.Smile Not sure how you come up with it but if it makes you sleep better then so be it.
Pikeville had a very good defence, and offence ,dont get me wrong, But i was at the game and it was obvious to everyone there "Pikeville was tryin to remove Belfry's QB" Without a doubt in my mind!!!!!!
wooderson Wrote:Now that right there is one heck of an analysis.Smile Not sure how you come up with it but if it makes you sleep better then so be it.

Pikeville's D gave up 17 points.
Belfry's D gave up 20 points.

I don't think that's confusing at all...

That's pretty funny..lol PENALTIES are a teams fault.. so don't use them as an excuse, Belfry just won the Sixth (6th) game in a row in this series and I love every minute of it. The downfall of Pikeville was the PENALTIES and bad play of # 2 on defense .. he single handedly cost Pikeville this game with his inability to control his emtions!!!!!
Belfry_99 Wrote:That's pretty funny..lol PENALTIES are a teams fault.. so don't use them as an excuse, Belfry just won the Sixth (6th) game in a row in this series and I love every minute of it. The downfall of Pikeville was the PENALTIES and bad play of # 2 on defense .. he single handedly cost Pikeville this game with his inability to control his emtions!!!!!

Well you did everything but respond to the post.
Pikeville D gave up 17 points, Belfry D gave up 20.
Pikeville's D stopped Belfry better than Belfry D stopped Pikeville.
Rocky Wrote:Pikeville had a very good defence, and offence ,dont get me wrong, But i was at the game and it was obvious to everyone there "Pikeville was tryin to remove Belfry's QB" Without a doubt in my mind!!!!!!

You have to understand the concept of a defense who is playing a Veer team. The QB has to read the defensive players and make a decision as to who got the ball...If you didnt notice, several different players were keying on several different Belfry players...its not like the QB was 'singled out', its just that the QB cant hand the ball off to the next back if hes hit in the backfield...if you dont want your QB to get hit every play, run a different offense, quit running out fakes, or just run away from the line of scrimmage alltogether.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6