Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell Co 61 Clay Co 58
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.

Two of the 13th Region's top five teams - #3 Clay Co vs. #4 Bell Co.

The Tigers have lost four of their last six. The Bobcats are 3-3 in their last six games.
Clay is done. Maybe most talent in region, bottom tier effort.
I called this one close. Bell may be one of the favorites instead of a sleeper. Coach Morris can flat out coach. Bell is always bad early because of football. By about mid January they start hitting their stride!
TriCountySports Wrote:Final.

Two of the 13th Region's top five teams - #3 Clay Co vs. #4 Bell Co.

The Tigers have lost four of their last six. The Bobcats are 3-3 in their last six games.

I ARGUED YOUR RANKINGS FROM THE BEGINNING!you had clay number one and they lost a lot of good players then you kept them there because of their record not schedule they had a weak one early I told you come jan.1st you would see.In the future LOOK AT TEAMS SCHEDUELS INSTEAD OF WINS AND LOSESS.just saying...
outsidelookin Wrote:I ARGUED YOUR RANKINGS FROM THE BEGINNING!you had clay number one and they lost a lot of good players then you kept them there because of their record not schedule they had a weak one early I told you come jan.1st you would see.In the future LOOK AT TEAMS SCHEDUELS INSTEAD OF WINS AND LOSESS.just saying...

Why are you screaming? Stop embarrassing yourself.

Everyone had Clay County first. And, talent wise, they are top two. They beat four of the top 10 teams in the region (Corbin, South, North, Harlan Co) before Jan 1st, which was as good as any team in the region.

I don't think you have an argument. If you want to argue something, how about my rankings being the only one that had Bell Co in the top four. I guess you missed that one, right?
TriCountySports Wrote:Why are you screaming? Stop embarrassing yourself.

Everyone had Clay County first. And, talent wise, they are top two. They beat four of the top 10 teams in the region (Corbin, South, North, Harlan Co) before Jan 1st, which was as good as any team in the region.

I don't think you have an argument. If you want to argue something, how about my rankings being the only one that had Bell Co in the top four. I guess you missed that one, right?

so what your saying is that you are always right boy are you touchy......jmo man I think iv'e seen you disagree a lot with people so be professional tricounty!!!
Somewhat better defensive effort, but something is just not right. Out of sync in so many ways. Better get things fixed or the wheels are going to fall completely off.
Oh by the way everyone but me thought they was number one .South,corbin and north are not quality wins lmbo...
outsidelookin Wrote:so what your saying is that you are always right boy are you touchy......jmo man I think iv'e seen you disagree a lot with people so be professional tricounty!!!

Not at all. I'm definitely not saying I'm always right, I'm just saying you are wrong on this one.

Clay County started the season 11-1, with four 13th Region wins. No one was close to that, at the time. So, to say that they shouldn't have been ranked first, when every media outlet I know had them there, is just not an educated opinion.

I've had several people disagree with my rankings, and I encourage it. It helps me put them together each week. But, it's usually a respectful conversation and not a crazy rant.
outsidelookin Wrote:Oh by the way everyone but me thought they was number one .South,corbin and north are not quality wins lmbo...

Then you should start covering games and post your own rankings.
TriCountySports Wrote:Not at all. I'm definitely not saying I'm always right, I'm just saying you are wrong on this one.

Clay County started the season 11-1, with four 13th Region wins. No one was close to that, at the time. So, to say that they shouldn't have been ranked first, when every media outlet I know had them there, is just not an educated opinion.

I've had several people disagree with my rankings, and I encourage it. It helps me put them together each week. But, it's usually a respectful conversation and not a crazy rant.

Well I tried to give you my opinion earlier in the season but you didn't listen...it may not be educated opinion but it its mine and I was right[I KNOW BASKETBALL OPINION]
One thing is very clear, there's NO clear cut favorite regardless of wins, loses, schedule etc. For every positive you can name, there's a negative that answers it. This will be the most interesting post season in many years. This could be the year that someone comes out of no where to win it.
outsidelookin Wrote:I ARGUED YOUR RANKINGS FROM THE BEGINNING!you had clay number one and they lost a lot of good players then you kept them there because of their record not schedule they had a weak one early I told you come jan.1st you would see.In the future LOOK AT TEAMS SCHEDUELS INSTEAD OF WINS AND LOSESS.just saying...

Outsidelookin Who are you. :argue: with....Show TriCountySports just one :argue: from the Beginning...just saying........Confusednicker:
outsidelookin Wrote:Well I tried to give you my opinion earlier in the season but you didn't listen...it may not be educated opinion but it its mine and I was right[I KNOW BASKETBALL OPINION]

Honestly, your opinion is welcomed and I will read it every time. But, I don't think you have the "I know basketball" opinion as much as you have "I'm a troll" opinion.

Every time you join in on the conversation it is to argue with someone. I guarantee if we go back and look at your comments, it will show you waiting on people to say something about Clay County, just so you can contradict what they had to say.

We know you don't like Clay Co and you love Knox Central. We know you think Barger is better than McDaniel. We know you think Clay County can't win the region. It's all you talk about!

C'mon man, be a contributor, not a contrarian.
walterwhite Wrote:One thing is very clear, there's NO clear cut favorite regardless of wins, loses, schedule etc. For every positive you can name, there's a negative that answers it. This will be the most interesting post season in many years. This could be the year that someone comes out of no where to win it.

I agree. Playing at The Arena changes things, too. Some teams just respond differently. I will tell you that teams do not shoot as well when they get there.

Despite what some may say, I still think Jackson County, Knox Central, and Clay County are the top teams, simply because they have the most talent. I think Bell Co, North Laurel, and South Laurel are in that second tier of teams.

I can't wait until the district and region tournaments. The 49th District is going to be great, with North Laurel playing either Jackson or Clay in the first round.
I think the wheels came off a few weeks back. The players just don't have that look in their eye like they care. Sure, we can always get hot at anytime and win the region but it's just hard for me to see now.

TriCounty, you do a fine job. I really wasn't that upset when you dropped CC to 3rd because that's about what they are.

We all know you don't win games on paper because if you did Clay would only have about 2 losses. Like I said, I hope things get corrected but it just doesn't seem like it.

Anyone have stats?
TriCountySports Wrote:Honestly, your opinion is welcomed and I will read it every time. But, I don't think you have the "I know basketball" opinion as much as you have "I'm a troll" opinion.

Every time you join in on the conversation it is to argue with someone. I guarantee if we go back and look at your comments, it will show you waiting on people to say something about Clay County, just so you can contradict what they had to say.

We know you don't like Clay Co and you love Knox Central. We know you think Barger is better than McDaniel. We know you think Clay County can't win the region. It's all you talk about!

C'mon man, be a contributor, not a contrarian.

I also think FOX is better than either and Jackson better than clay ...or knox .Its not contradicting you would not survive in the 14th if what I said bothers you I'm not a troll just tired of hearing clay and Mcdaniels when they are weak...
Clay can get it together but I think the 13th is wide open. It may come down to which team gets a favorable draw. Jackson County and Knox Central are playing good basketball right now.
I said Bell by 2
Almost
64SUR Wrote:Outsidelookin Who are you. :argue: with....Show TriCountySports just one :argue: from the Beginning...just saying........Confusednicker:

Tricounty has already looked and you can to if you want...
Warthog Wrote:I said Bell by 2
Almost
they will call you a troll for giving your opinion....
Dang I pick clay by 10 over bell co.....I'm not giving up on clay just yet....I could jump ship any day tho. Confusedmoke:
Clay still has a great shot to win the region, but I've said since the spring that there was no "clear cut favorite." I had Bell fourth coming into the season.
bell won the game but bell is no where near as talented as clay. talent dont always win games. southwestern beat clay by 20 other nite and clay is as talented as southwestern. clay just hasnt found it yet. may not.
ky playmaker Wrote:bell won the game but bell is no where near as talented as clay. talent dont always win games. southwestern beat clay by 20 other nite and clay is as talented as southwestern. clay just hasnt found it yet. may not.

Southwestern?
Nice win for a Bobcats. Every time I've been to a a Bell County game the Potter kid puts on a show!
You don't lose 4 seniors and just pick up where you left off at the end of last year. 3 sophomore starters and a transfer. Sounds like Clay has issues like UK does.
Hard to win on the road if your an average team
I meant southwestern beat bell
I wouldn't freak out just yet. Clay is fine. I just think they were over rated early. They really hadn't beat a good team. I just don't think any team in the 13th stands out! The top 5/6 teams can win it.
Pages: 1 2