Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Co Central 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Might as well start this now. Returning some great players in Zane Blair, Jaylan Williams, and Hunter Hall. Line is getting better and defense will be better. What is every opinion about the Cougars?
Coach Holcomb is a great coach but he is no miracle worker. From what I've seen, that program still has a long way to go.
Hearing this is Holcomb's last year at Letcher?
LCC getting any new players coming in?
He is staying. False information!
Can someone inform me on Coach Holcomb. Too many rumors going around, and I wanted to nip it in the bud. One is telling me he is retiring but returning in three months, and the other one is telling me he is retiring for good. I need someone who is around school to please tell everyone what is going on. I have been at work and haven't had a chance at finding out with the assistants.
According to local paper, Mountain Eagle, in Whitesburg. This was own front page.

New coach needed - again.

Letcher County Central High School is without a head football coach once again. After coaching one season at LCC, Mike Holcomb has announced his retirement effective Jan. 1. Holcomb, who coached at Breathitt County High School for 30 years, was the fourth head coach to lead the LCC football program in five years.
Someone told me he was just doing that to get his money, and he would be back in three months.
So he is going to stay away from the team for three months?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Someone told me he was just doing that to get his money, and he would be back in three months.

That is a possibility. He has the time in to draw his retirement. After 100 days without working he will be eligible to work for a school system again in a limited role and still draw his retirement.
This will be the new Whitley County thread for 3 months.............let it begin.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Someone told me he was just doing that to get his money, and he would be back in three months.

Do you think he will really come back?
Still wondering if he is leaving, why just one year? He could still have done that where he was at?
He will not get what was promised to him by old super. No car and no 50K for classified. Money just not there. That is why he would leave.
Flicka Wrote:He will not get what was promised to him by old super. No car and no 50K for classified. Money just not there. That is why he would leave.

He want get that offer at Whitley county they want offer it to nobody....Confusednicker:
He will be back to LCC without question.
If so, very poor reporting from that paper. Someone needs to make a statement to correct it. Holcomb, AD or super should correct that article.
Flicka Wrote:If so, very poor reporting from that paper. Someone needs to make a statement to correct it. Holcomb, AD or super should correct that article.

If so,did you read it or not...just saying you did read it didn't you...or :igiveup:
I am confused, I was responding to UK1, and the article I posted. One said he was gone and the other said he is staying. I just think that if he is staying , someone set the paper straight.

http://www.themountaineagle.com

You can read it.
Flicka Wrote:I am confused, I was responding to UK1, and the article I posted. One said he was gone and the other said he is staying. I just think that if he is staying , someone set the paper straight.

You can read it.

Now I know why you're confused...now I am confuse and it don't take much. :thanks: WOW
Flicka Wrote:I am confused, I was responding to UK1, and the article I posted. One said he was gone and the other said he is staying. I just think that if he is staying , someone set the paper straight.

You can read it.

surely they wouldn't print that in the paper just to be doing it Smile
Guys when he was introduced as the new head coach, he knew that that was the last year of our super. He is very intelligent. I seriously doubt that he thought the new super was going to honor any old commitments from the old super. That is why she retired. They forced her out! Plain and simple.
Can someone explain why the paper would write that????????????????????????
cougarpride08 Wrote:Guys when he was introduced as the new head coach, he knew that that was the last year of our super. He is very intelligent. I seriously doubt that he thought the new super was going to honor any old commitments from the old super. That is why she retired. They forced her out! Plain and simple.

:what: I'm. More confused now. :igiveup:
New retirement rules require sitting out length of time before being able to coach after retirement. Report should be accurate, but does not go any further to explain process required to be rehired. I think it's a legal maneuver.
Wow what a mess.
Flicka Wrote:Can someone explain why the paper would write that????????????????????????

Probably because it's news.
I just could read a paragraph, but it sounds like he did retire.
Don't get smart with me young man. I see you often. LOL...... I am going to have to quote people. I was talking to the guys that keep saying Holcomb was not going anywhere. I know It would be news, smart guy.
Sounds like a mess to me.
He's gone. Letcher program is a mess.
Pages: 1 2 3