Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Co Central 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
^ Fresh off the press...lol
The Mountain Eagle misinformed. He didn't retire from coach, he retired from teaching. He will be back. Wewill get a rebudle from paper in next weeks paper.
He isn't going anywhere. He is retiring as a certified teacher and coach.
If he is retiring as a coach, then will he be back in three months like I heard?
Wonder who the candidates are for the next coach at Letcher??
Seems to me this is a way for him to get his money.
cougarpride08 Wrote:If he is retiring as a coach, then will he be back in three months like I heard?
I have heard that is exactly what Holcomb is doing. It is apparently a state retirement requirement that you must be completely retired/resigned for 90 days. They he will be hired right back into his coaching position.
Sounds good to me.
He will be back if he wants to be back.
MIKE WILL BE BACK : He took his retirement, State Law requires he be retired 90 days before he can be hired back as Coach. He fully expects to stay at LCC until he turns that program around.
Not so fast my friend. Hearing Mike has one foot out the door
This is going to be a long 3 months. Guess we will be guessing lol. Everyone thinks they know don't they?
Mike will be back. He is a true winner.
We can only speculate!
Mike is not leaving. Several have mentioned his retirement and they are correct. He had to be away from everything for 90 days and at that point he can return if the school system wants him and that's always been their intention. Same assistant coaches working with the boys in the weight room and it will stay that way until his 90 days are up. Mike decided to go ahead and take his retirement because he has the years. This will allow him to come back and draw the coaching pay along with whatever the system decides to give him. I've talked with Mike this week and he just laughed when we were discussing the article in the paper. In the Mountain Eagles defense they confirmed that he retired and went with that fact before knowing the rest of the story. Making an even longer post shorter, Mike Holcomb will be back as the Cougars coach next season, actually in about a month and half.
Thanks for the update! I know you are real close to Mike and everyone else is just speculation because they do not know. Can you tell about staff? I heard Deleno wasn't coming back. Any new info on staff?
I don't believe in speculation only facts.
Lambert #1 Wrote:Mike is not leaving. Several have mentioned his retirement and they are correct. He had to be away from everything for 90 days and at that point he can return if the school system wants him and that's always been their intention. Same assistant coaches working with the boys in the weight room and it will stay that way until his 90 days are up. Mike decided to go ahead and take his retirement because he has the years. This will allow him to come back and draw the coaching pay along with whatever the system decides to give him. I've talked with Mike this week and he just laughed when we were discussing the article in the paper. In the Mountain Eagles defense they confirmed that he retired and went with that fact before knowing the rest of the story. Making an even longer post shorter, Mike Holcomb will be back as the Cougars coach next season, actually in about a month and half.

I also talked to Mike this week, he will be back.
:HitWall: so pretty much nobody knows 100% how is this helping the program.
A Hall of Fame coach coming back is not a help. sarcasm
They should keep Holcomb. Too much change, need more stability
How is everyone in the weight room? Can't wait till football season. Four months and football will be back.:CheerleadConfusedinglepar:Clap::rockon::biggrin:
Who is there lifting coach does anyone know?
I think Coach Bates and a few more has been working with them.
Heard theres not many in weight room…whats going on?
Not true. There is a lot according to one of the coaches. So many others are in spring sports. Still great number and we will see during spring practice.
Anyone know the off season numbers in the weight room?
Coach said 25 to 30. Could be more if you count the lifting at the middle school.
Forgot to post this but the Mountain Eagle finally put in the paper. SBDM officially rehired Holcomb and he will officially be back July 1st.
^ It's going around that he could be on his way to PCC.
Pages: 1 2 3