Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KCC vs. Cordia on December 10th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I wish I could make a prediction, but I have no clue who will even be eligible/playing for Cordia.
The Lions will be hard to beat over at the Den this year even if the Prep team dont play.
Actually the bulk of their team is elidigible they have 3 that is not. The hines kid was ruled in elidigible because of a cross up in the court guardianship papers from missippissi. The other two kids the khsaa ruled these kids I.E. for no reason and they will be ruled elidigible on appeal. When you are a single parent with full custody of your child and you move here and the khsaa says the whole family did not move and the parents have never been married that is total BS. And they know it. The khsaa has a hard on for cordia right now.They decided to come up to eastern ky and pick on the smallest public school in the state who has only won 1 district tournament in the history of the school. Hazard down through the years has recruited more players than all the 14th region combined and they are wanting to cry about cordia. Cordia's top 8 players right now starting the season will be as follows: Felix frimprom 5'9"(sat out last year:Fritz Lucien6'9"(sat out last season):oumar keita 6'11"8th grader:a j tagaloa 6'3" played last season:christan Cunningham 6'1" transfer from henery clay:aj"lulu"chisom 5'8" played last year:Austin combs 5'11" played year: jj catchings 6'1" transfer from Mississippi. Cordia will still have good size and will be extremely quick they will be able to hold their own until the rest get elidigible.
Sorry Buford, but that hurt my head to read!Confusedtare:
Buford T Justice Wrote:Actually the bulk of their team is elidigible they have 3 that is not. The hines kid was ruled in elidigible because of a cross up in the court guardianship papers from missippissi. The other two kids the khsaa ruled these kids I.E. for no reason and they will be ruled elidigible on appeal. When you are a single parent with full custody of your child and you move here and the khsaa says the whole family did not move and the parents have never been married that is total BS. And they know it. The khsaa has a hard on for cordia right now.They decided to come up to eastern ky and pick on the smallest public school in the state who has only won 1 district tournament in the history of the school. Hazard down through the years has recruited more players than all the 14th region combined and they are wanting to cry about cordia. Cordia's top 8 players right now starting the season will be as follows: Felix frimprom 5'9"(sat out last year:Fritz Lucien6'9"(sat out last season):oumar keita 6'11"8th grader:a j tagaloa 6'3" played last season:christan Cunningham 6'1" transfer from henery clay:aj"lulu"chisom 5'8" played last year:Austin combs 5'11" played year: jj catchings 6'1" transfer from Mississippi. Cordia will still have good size and will be extremely quick they will be able to hold their own until the rest get elidigible.

Cordia will play w/ KCC w/ the kids they have eligible right now. I will take KCC in a close one (KCC 75- Cordia 71). Hines and Chapman aren't gonna b eligible this season from what I'm hearing. From what I gather their is a SERIOUS investigation going on as we speak that could possibly put Cordia in a really tuff situation. Time will tell if I'm right or not!! It will b interesting to see what happens around tourney time this year. I remember what happened to South Larurel back it the day and it cost them.
Buford T Justice Wrote:Actually the bulk of their team is elidigible they have 3 that is not. The hines kid was ruled in elidigible because of a cross up in the court guardianship papers from missippissi. The other two kids the khsaa ruled these kids I.E. for no reason and they will be ruled elidigible on appeal. When you are a single parent with full custody of your child and you move here and the khsaa says the whole family did not move and the parents have never been married that is total BS. And they know it. The khsaa has a hard on for cordia right now.They decided to come up to eastern ky and pick on the smallest public school in the state who has only won 1 district tournament in the history of the school. Hazard down through the years has recruited more players than all the 14th region combined and they are wanting to cry about cordia. Cordia's top 8 players right now starting the season will be as follows: Felix frimprom 5'9"(sat out last year:Fritz Lucien6'9"(sat out last season):oumar keita 6'11"8th grader:a j tagaloa 6'3" played last season:christan Cunningham 6'1" transfer from henery clay:aj"lulu"chisom 5'8" played last year:Austin combs 5'11" played year: jj catchings 6'1" transfer from Mississippi. Cordia will still have good size and will be extremely quick they will be able to hold their own until the rest get elidigible.

When you have so many transfers that you can honestly say "we have three players not eligible yet, but the bulk of the team is" then the school should be ashamed.
That is all.
ballstar Wrote:Cordia will play w/ KCC w/ the kids they have eligible right now. I will take KCC in a close one (KCC 75- Cordia 71). Hines and Chapman aren't gonna b eligible this season from what I'm hearing. From what I gather their is a SERIOUS investigation going on as we speak that could possibly put Cordia in a really tuff situation. Time will tell if I'm right or not!! It will b interesting to see what happens around tourney time this year. I remember what happened to South Larurel back it the day and it cost them.

North Laurel was the one that got in trouble with the Dillon kid who went to Arizona to play college ball. If im not mistaken, they also had another big kid from australia, Oliver Mansour or something like that and that was a sketchy transfer. Both were from Austrailia and played together there.
Either way, Dillon put up big numbers in high school. I think it was Rondo who more or less embarrassed North Laurel one year when oak hill came to town. Dillon had just been found ineligible. Rondo put up like 20 points and 27 assist in that game and Josh Smith put up over 30 if im not mistaken.

If you'll also remember, Norths entire reasoning behind this, i think, was to beat South Laurel and get to the sweet 16.
Well, in three years, North beat South two or three times. Once or twice in the 02/03 season, and once in the 03/04 season. South beat them about 10 times, including when it mattered in region. Heck one year, North lost to Pulaski in the first round of district and didnt even make region. They killed PC earlier in the year, but I think it was the year they declared Dillon ineligible late in the season.

Either way, South took them to the wood shed with local home grown players who went on to win a state title in 05. Transfers dont always guarantee wins. Sometimes local kids will do the trick.
Didn't know you worked for the khsaa.
Cannot wait for this game. Den will be packed!
Same story different year for half these people.
So I'm all for players going wherever they want to go. And if I had a son who was a great basketball player and could play at a good program I would look at Hazard and Perry. As well as Scott County, Mason County, etc. But why are kids from across the country going to Cordia? It looks like a prep school.
I will believe these kids are elgable when I see them on the court. Everybody gets on here and says this kid will be able to play in Dec and these kids will be ready in Jan. Im tired of hearing abou it.
ArJay Wrote:So I'm all for players going wherever they want to go. And if I had a son who was a great basketball player and could play at a good program I would look at Hazard and Perry. As well as Scott County, Mason County, etc. But why are kids from across the country going to Cordia? It looks like a prep school.

You just asked a million dollar question for which most posters will give you a two cent answer.
KY Headhunter Wrote:I will believe these kids are elgable when I see them on the court. Everybody gets on here and says this kid will be able to play in Dec and these kids will be ready in Jan. Im tired of hearing abou it.
What school did you graduate from and what was your cumulative G.P.A? Just curious.....
The fritz kid is lankey but listing him at 6'9 is being generous
You better have a big bank account for your son to play at hazard. If you wanted your son to play for a good program why would you pick hazard or perry. I may could see Scott or mason co maybe. In today's world un fortunately it is not about wins or losses it is about what you can do for a kid. Al holland or Shannon Hoskins can't pick up the phone and call John calapari or Rick pitino and them answer the phone rod Rhodes can. Rod Rhodes knows people and has contacts all over the USA that is why people want their kids to play for him. If he was at riverside christan kids would be coming there bottom line.
TaintAnewPat Wrote:You better have a big bank account for your son to play at hazard. If you wanted your son to play for a good program why would you pick hazard or perry. I may could see Scott or mason co maybe. In today's world un fortunately it is not about wins or losses it is about what you can do for a kid. Al holland or Shannon Hoskins can't pick up the phone and call John calapari or Rick pitino and them answer the phone rod Rhodes can. Rod Rhodes knows people and has contacts all over the USA that is why people want their kids to play for him. If he was at riverside christan kids would be coming there bottom line.

The question is how did these guys find out about this program in the mountains gets these mostly urban kids to come. Did Coach Rhodes contact all of them? If 1 kid moves to an area it's 1 thing but to go get a team from all over the country is another.
Knott 67 Cordia 60
I have a 9 year old and he is way past his age. He plays for one of the worst grade schools in Kentucky which is emmalena, he also drops between 15-20 a game... I will tell you that I went to cordia for two years and perry for two years. Graduated at perry, he will be going to either knott, perry central, or hazard. I have love for cordia only because that was when I lost my virginity and gave birth to this baller and he wants to play for Rhodes.
Ballers Wrote:I have a 9 year old and he is way past his age. He plays for one of the worst grade schools in Kentucky which is emmalena, he also drops between 15-20 a game... I will tell you that I went to cordia for two years and perry for two years. Graduated at perry, he will be going to either knott, perry central, or hazard. I have love for cordia only because that was when I lost my virginity and gave birth to this baller and he wants to play for Rhodes.
Sounds like a personal problem lol!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:North Laurel was the one that got in trouble with the Dillon kid who went to Arizona to play college ball. If im not mistaken, they also had another big kid from australia, Oliver Mansour or something like that and that was a sketchy transfer. Both were from Austrailia and played together there.
Either way, Dillon put up big numbers in high school. I think it was Rondo who more or less embarrassed North Laurel one year when oak hill came to town. Dillon had just been found ineligible. Rondo put up like 20 points and 27 assist in that game and Josh Smith put up over 30 if im not mistaken.

If you'll also remember, Norths entire reasoning behind this, i think, was to beat South Laurel and get to the sweet 16.
Well, in three years, North beat South two or three times. Once or twice in the 02/03 season, and once in the 03/04 season. South beat them about 10 times, including when it mattered in region. Heck one year, North lost to Pulaski in the first round of district and didnt even make region. They killed PC earlier in the year, but I think it was the year they declared Dillon ineligible late in the season.

Either way, South took them to the wood shed with local home grown players who went on to win a state title in 05. Transfers dont always guarantee wins. Sometimes local kids will do the trick.

North Laurel brought in 3 foreign exchange students one season and then Dillon the next. They were trying to keep up with South Laurel who's point guard was from Puerto Rico. Steve Wright has started a Canadian at point the last couple of years since he moved to SW.
Boy I say Boy you forgot one very important piece of the puzzle. How could you forget Martinele. He is there long range threat if needed!!!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:North Laurel was the one that got in trouble with the Dillon kid who went to Arizona to play college ball. If im not mistaken, they also had another big kid from australia, Oliver Mansour or something like that and that was a sketchy transfer. Both were from Austrailia and played together there.

Well, in three years, North beat South two or three times. Once or twice in the 02/03 season, and once in the 03/04 season. South beat them about 10 times, including when it mattered in region
. Heck one year, North lost to Pulaski in the first round of district and didnt even make region. They killed PC earlier in the year, but I think it was the year they declared Dillon ineligible late in the season.

North never got in trouble with the KHSAA or put on probation. Dillion was ruled ineligible about 10 days before the district tournament. Dillion and Oliver never played together. Dillion played the year after Mansour.

As far as SL being an all local team in those days, well that's true only if you consider Puerto Rico, Miami and Manchester local.
:wenumber1:wenumber1:wenumber1:wenumber1:wenumber1:wenumber1

8 Days..........................
A guy at work was talking about it the other day. He said that South Laurel and North Laurel both had a bunch of transfers and it cost Kenny Woods his job down there eventually, when it wasn't really his fault.
ArJay Wrote:A guy at work was talking about it the other day. He said that South Laurel and North Laurel both had a bunch of transfers and it cost Kenny Woods his job down there eventually, when it wasn't really his fault.

Well, your friend was partially correct. It did cost Kenny his job. But to say he wasn't involved with bringing in the exchange students, there was 4 of them over two years, is not correct. The problem was that the top administration of the Laurel Co School system was well aware and involved in the foreign exchange process from the beginning. When statewide press started giving NL a lot of bad publicity the administration came down on Kenny hard. But, that's the way it goes with politics.

South Laurel had a great point guard from Puerto Rico, via way of Miami. The story they told was that the kid and his mother were travelling up I-75 and had a flat and the people in Laurel Co were so nice they decided to move here. The mother didn't stay and the point guard ended up living with an assistant coach. SL also ended up with a great big man that was from Clay Co via way of North Laurel.

In the year that NL had the 3 foreign exchange students and SL had the kids from Puerto Rico and Clay County, they actually played 4 times and split 2-2. They each won once during the regular season. NL won the district and SL won the region.
I thought that The exchange kid was ruled ineligible for a 2nd time and then NL filed an injunction and played him anyways. Then around district time the court upheld the KHSAA decision and he was ruled ineligible! Not sure but just what I was told.
ballstar Wrote:I thought that The exchange kid was ruled ineligible for a 2nd time and then NL filed an injunction and played him anyways. Then around district time the court upheld the KHSAA decision and he was ruled ineligible! Not sure but just what I was told.

No. Daniel Dillion was ruled eligible by the KHSAA before the season started. About 10 days or so before the regional tournament the KHSAA reconsidered and reversed their earlier ruling. I'm not sure about this but I was told the Laurel County school system asked the KHSAA to reconsider late in the season. I don't know about now but in those years South Laurel had a lot more clout with the local school board and administration than did North Laurel.
:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

7 Days Remaining......................
Pages: 1 2 3