Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central's Young a Mr Football Candidate!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
IMO, after rushing for over 250 yards and 5 touchdowns against the Class 3A #1 ranked Belfry team, Jordan Ray Young has played his way into the MR Football conversation! I am not sure what his stats were in the Ashland game but he had a big game that night too! I know a high profile player like a Drew Barker is odds on favorite to win the award but in my mind Young from JCHS should be a candidate! Maybe a JCHS fan will post his season stats?
honestjchsfan Wrote:IMO, after rushing for over 250 yards and 5 touchdowns against the Class 3A #1 ranked Belfry team, Jordan Ray Young has played his way into the MR Football conversation! I am not sure what his stats were in the Ashland game but he had a big game that night too! I know a high profile player like a Drew Barker is odds on favorite to win the award but in my mind Young from JCHS should be a candidate! Maybe a JCHS fan will post his season stats?

What'll kill us here is that Matney doesn't believe in keeping or releasing season stats. (Also, he hasn't signed with UK. That pretty much makes you Mr Football right there, signing that paper.)

Has he had a fantastic year? Absolutely. But if JJ couldn't win it when he ran for 3000 yards or set the all time single season AND career rushing records...there's obviously a huge anti-EKY and anti-JC bias in the state. It is what it is, but no JC player will ever be allowed to win a popularity contest, no matter how much he deserves it.
Diogenes Wrote:What'll kill us here is that Matney doesn't believe in keeping or releasing season stats. (Also, he hasn't signed with UK. That pretty much makes you Mr Football right there, signing that paper.)

Has he had a fantastic year? Absolutely. But if JJ couldn't win it when he ran for 3000 yards or set the all time single season AND career rushing records...there's obviously a huge anti-EKY and anti-JC bias in the state. It is what it is, but no JC player will ever be allowed to win a popularity contest, no matter how much he deserves it.

All these things you write are true! My question to you is, why write about all the reasons that he can't or will not win it??? You and I both know that he is not going win but IMO he is a candidate. He deserves in the conversation! I bet some Belfry fans would agree??
Also is he even the best player on his own team. I actually believe belcher to be the better back. No knock on young he is a very good player as well
This is a good forum to publish his numbers and beat his drum.
honestjchsfan Wrote:IMO, after rushing for over 250 yards and 5 touchdowns against the Class 3A #1 ranked Belfry team, Jordan Ray Young has played his way into the MR Football conversation! I am not sure what his stats were in the Ashland game but he had a big game that night too! I know a high profile player like a Drew Barker is odds on favorite to win the award but in my mind Young from JCHS should be a candidate! Maybe a JCHS fan will post his season stats?

The word coming out of JC is that Belcher went over 1,100 yards on his first carry and Young was just over 800 yards, at that point in the Belfry game. Thats when young staring running the football so he could get to 1,000 yards. This was supposed to be from a friend who listened to the game. The radio crew must have said someting! Jus what I was told, wasn't their... But Young, Belcher, Dillion and the Younger Gowns are all good running backs..
dns Wrote:The word coming out of JC is that Belcher went over 1,100 yards on his first carry and Young was just over 800 yards, at that point in the Belfry game. Thats when young staring running the football so he could get to 1,000 yards. This was supposed to be from a friend who listened to the game. The radio crew must have said someting! Jus what I was told, wasn't their... But Young, Belcher, Dillion and the Younger Gowns are all good running backs..

But is Young a Mr. Football canidate. No he isn't. Just like someone else said, If JJ didn't get Mr. football no one will. No knock against Mr. Young!!
With our offense, which back will have a good game is based mostly on what the defense chooses to give up. It's almost always a read, so based on where the defense goes, that's where the ball goes. Belfry chose to follow Belcher, it appeared, and thus Young was the primary beneficiary. If they stacked up to stop Young, then it could have been Belcher or Dillon with 200 yards, or even J.P. Gound. That's the beauty of having four backs who can successfully carry the football and a QB who can smoothly run this offense. Unfortunately, it also makes it very hard to pick an MVP or Mt. Football candidate from the bunch, because they're so balanced. Jordan is a great player, though, and deserves a chance to play football on Saturdays somewhere at least at the NAIA level if not higher.
He might be a canidate but Drew Barker had this award in the bag in July.
Has JC ever had a backfield since Matney has been there that didn't have a Dillon somewhere in it? HAHA
dns Wrote:But is Young a Mr. Football canidate. No he isn't. Just like someone else said, If JJ didn't get Mr. football no one will. No knock against Mr. Young!!

Name the last RB to have 5 TDS in a game against Belfry? None of those highly ranked Lou. Central RBs ever had a game like that against Belfry!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Has JC ever had a backfield since Matney has been there that didn't have a Dillon somewhere in it? HAHA

2004 - No
2005 - Yes (Dennis)
2006 - Yes (Dennis/Nathan)
2007 - Yes (Dennis/Nathan)
2008 - Yes (Dennis/Nathan)
2009 - Yes (Nathan)
2010 - Yes (Josh)
2011 - Yes (Josh)
2012 - Yes (Josh)
2013 - Yes (Josh)
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Also is he even the best player on his own team. I actually believe belcher to be the better back. No knock on young he is a very good player as well

Yes Belcher is a Great RB too.
dns Wrote:But is Young a Mr. Football canidate. No he isn't. Just like someone else said, If JJ didn't get Mr. football no one will. No knock against Mr. Young!!

Dude you are missing point, 5 TDS and over 250 yards rushing at a #1 ranked Belfry puts him in the conversation!
The holes he ran through against HC were so big I couldnt really tell if he was that great or their O-Line was just amazing, I guess it was a little bit of both! The kid is a tremendous player and should definitely be recognized as one of the top seniors in Ky. Not sure if he has a great shot at Mr football, but IMO deservrves to be in the conversation!
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:The holes he ran through against HC were so big I couldnt really tell if he was that great or their O-Line was just amazing, I guess it was a little bit of both! The kid is a tremendous player and should definitely be recognized as one of the top seniors in Ky. Not sure if he has a great shot at Mr football, but IMO deservrves to be in the conversation!

If a RB/FB QB, WR/TE wins the Mr. Football title.... there should also be 5 more trophies given out to their O-Linemen.
dns Wrote:The word coming out of JC is that Belcher went over 1,100 yards on his first carry and Young was just over 800 yards, at that point in the Belfry game. Thats when young staring running the football so he could get to 1,000 yards. This was supposed to be from a friend who listened to the game. The radio crew must have said someting! Jus what I was told, wasn't their... But Young, Belcher, Dillion and the Younger Gowns are all good running backs..

:hilarious: You and your Matney conspiracies are amazing, you know that? It wasn't on purpose that Jordan got the carries and yards it was what Belfry gave them. As other people have said, it was plain as day to see that he was the option that night that Belfry chose not to stop in the scout report. They shut down Belcher and Dillon, what do you want Matney to do, keep getting 2 yards or stuffed all night and not move the ball? Look for the good of the team not the individual. Some people amaze me with their stupidity.
honestjchsfan Wrote:Name the last RB to have 5 TDS in a game against Belfry? None of those highly ranked Lou. Central RBs ever had a game like that against Belfry!

Don't know? Dilion had 5 against PC last year!!
Lynch47 Wrote::hilarious: You and your Matney conspiracies are amazing, you know that? It wasn't on purpose that Jordan got the carries and yards it was what Belfry gave them. As other people have said, it was plain as day to see that he was the option that night that Belfry chose not to stop in the scout report. They shut down Belcher and Dillon, what do you want Matney to do, keep getting 2 yards or stuffed all night and not move the ball? Look for the good of the team not the individual. Some people amaze me with their stupidity.

I made a comment and everyone goes nuts!! I know matney runs a belly offense and it can be any one's night! Just repeating what I heard. last year year matney wanted 3, 1,000 yards rushers. I would say he wants the same this year since two of the running backs are seniors..
Ok.. honesetjcfan is a Young fan.... podunker is a Belcher fan, we need a dillion fan to.. I think their all three good backs!!
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Also is he even the best player on his own team. I actually believe belcher to be the better back. No knock on young he is a very good player as well

Belcher is a JR, the MR Football award is for a SR. You may be right about Belcher, he is a very, very good RB. My point is not that Young should win the award hands down, or anything like that, my point is that he has played his way into the conversation. What's amazing to me about BRG is how a person can make a statement in plain English and people somehow misread or completely miss the point. Seems most of the post you make are thought out, even some JCHS fans amaze me on here!
honestjchsfan Wrote:Belcher is a JR, the MR Football award is for a SR. You may be right about Belcher, he is a very, very good RB. My point is not that Young should win the award hands down, or anything like that, my point is that he has played his way into the conversation. What's amazing to me about BRG is how a person can make a statement in plain English and people somehow misread or completely miss the point. Seems most of the post you make are thought out, even some JCHS fans amaze me on here!

He's had several good games, and there's no way the team is 10-0 without him.

But what's really going to kill him...try this: quick, run to khsaa.org and look up his stats for the season.

You can't. And neither can anyone who votes for awards. Because Matney and the staff don't turn in stats to the KHSAA. So when the writers and other coaches and voters are looking at the state rushing leaders, even if we got a kid running for 300 yards a game, the name won't be there. THAT is one of the big reasons nobody's gonna be talking about our kids for post-season awards.

So if you're a parent or family member, you might want to ask about getting the information to submit some stats to the KHSAA or getting a school representative to do it. We don't even report team scoring and yardage numbers, much less individual numbers.
I think they deserve to be in the conversation, BUT JC will have the toughest road to BG. All 3 of there backs are worried about one thing, that's BG! Not individual accomplishments. Good luck JC!
Diogenes Wrote:He's had several good games, and there's no way the team is 10-0 without him.

But what's really going to kill him...try this: quick, run to khsaa.org and look up his stats for the season.

You can't. And neither can anyone who votes for awards. Because Matney and the staff don't turn in stats to the KHSAA. So when the writers and other coaches and voters are looking at the state rushing leaders, even if we got a kid running for 300 yards a game, the name won't be there. THAT is one of the big reasons nobody's gonna be talking about our kids for post-season awards.

So if you're a parent or family member, you might want to ask about getting the information to submit some stats to the KHSAA or getting a school representative to do it. We don't even report team scoring and yardage numbers, much less individual numbers.
You will never see a parent or family member of Jordan's ask about releasing stats. Honestjchsfan is a friend and a former all-state athlete at JC. I am honored that he would even have this come to mind. Jordan has had a good season and a good career at JC. He had a GREAT game against Belfry. His parents and family members are very proud. I for one hope that this group will stay focused and take one game at a time. They don't need to get caught up in the foolishness that dns speaks of. Stats are not important if you lose.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:You will never see a parent or family member of Jordan's ask about releasing stats. Honestjchsfan is a friend and a former all-state athlete at JC. I am honored that he would even have this come to mind. Jordan has had a good season and a good career at JC. He had a GREAT game against Belfry. His parents and family members are very proud. I for one hope that this group will stay focused and take one game at a time. They don't need to get caught up in the foolishness that dns speaks of. Stats are not important if you lose.

For the record, I fully agree with the not releasing stats. I know there are lots of trouble-makers out there who would love nothing more than to create jealousy within the team, and they're all over the message boards. I'm very aware that the Central coaches emphasize team results - especially wins and losses - over any individual stats. Wasn't really sure what the intent of this thread originally was - I originally thought it was one of the instigators trying to start a ruckus - and my response might've been misinterpreted by some as a slight against the staff for not releasing stats. It certainly is not; I am a fan of the team-first approach. I was hoping it wasn't someone trying to start trouble, and if it was, I basically was implying they should ask the coaches themselves why they do what they do. The staff would be happy to tell them the same thing if asked, I'm sure. But if it's really somebody who's genuinely trying to get Jordan's name out there in a positive way, I'll agree with that 100%. He's a great player and he deserves it. As do the other kids on this great team.
Diogenes Wrote:He's had several good games, and there's no way the team is 10-0 without him.

Thanks diogenes!! The Truth is the Truth!! No one is bashing kids!! Kids aren't recognized because stats aren't turn in. :disappoint:
JC has a very balanced offense and nobody on the team is going to miss out being a Mr. Football candidate because stats are not available. Everybody knew J.J. Jude's stats and his senior season and career stats dwarfed those of any other JC running back and those of 99.99% of running backs who have ever played the game in the state. If Jude did not win Mr. Football, none of the current Golden Eagles have any chance. It has nothing to do with Matney's refusal to send stats to KHSAA during the season. Nothing at all.
dns Wrote:Thanks diogenes!! The Truth is the Truth!! No one is bashing kids!! Kids aren't recognized because stats aren't turn in. :disappoint:

Meant turned in. Sorry!
dns Wrote:Thanks diogenes!! The Truth is the Truth!! No one is bashing kids!! Kids aren't recognized because stats aren't turn in. :disappoint:

Johnson Central is 10-0 and your on here complaining about stats? Boy cricketbed you're really concerned about the team aren't you? Last year you cried about your favorite little golden eagle not playing defense. He's playing defense this year and now your complaining about him not getting enough carries or that his stats haven't been turned in. Every week you get on here and stir crap up and then let on like you're not at the game but a "buddy" told you. Do you actually think people don't know who you are on here? Do you think we're that stupid? Hey buddy let me fill you in on a little secret,there's no I in team. If you're so concerned by the way Coach Matney runs his team why don't you get the balls to ask him yourself and quit taking little cheap shots at him and the team on here? The truth is you could care less about the team or our school, you're only out for one and it's quite obvious who that is by reading your posts on here. It's no wonder the Paintsville people called you a cancer. You may let on like you're not bashing our kids but the fact is you're bashing the entire team by getting on here and constantly showing your stupidity.

P.S.
Your buddy is an idiot too!
Diogenes Wrote:For the record, I fully agree with the not releasing stats. I know there are lots of trouble-makers out there who would love nothing more than to create jealousy within the team, and they're all over the message boards. I'm very aware that the Central coaches emphasize team results - especially wins and losses - over any individual stats. Wasn't really sure what the intent of this thread originally was - I originally thought it was one of the instigators trying to start a ruckus - and my response might've been misinterpreted by some as a slight against the staff for not releasing stats. It certainly is not; I am a fan of the team-first approach. I was hoping it wasn't someone trying to start trouble, and if it was, I basically was implying they should ask the coaches themselves why they do what they do. The staff would be happy to tell them the same thing if asked, I'm sure. But if it's really somebody who's genuinely trying to get Jordan's name out there in a positive way, I'll agree with that 100%. He's a great player and he deserves it. As do the other kids on this great team.

I played 4 years of football at JCHS and played in 4 games against Belfry, and in those 4 games against Belfry I don't think that we (JCHS) scored 5 TD's on the Pirates in those 4 games COMBINED! To see a kid from JCHS have a game like Young had last Friday is a big DEAL to me and many other former JCHS players! IMO it should be a big deal in the mind of any Sports writer or HS football coach who is familiar with the Tradition that is Belfry football! BTY I don't have any kids on the team!
Pages: 1 2