Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central's Young a Mr Football Candidate!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
honestjchsfan Wrote:I played 4 years of football at JCHS and played in 4 games against Belfry, and in those 4 games against Belfry I don't think that we (JCHS) scored 5 TD's on the Pirates in those 4 games COMBINED! To see a kid from JCHS have a game like Young had last Friday is a big DEAL to me and many other former JCHS players! IMO it should be a big deal in the mind of any Sports writer or HS football coach who is familiar with the Tradition that is Belfry football! BTY I don't have any kids on the team!

It's always a big deal to beat Belfry. Especially in Belfry. That was a huge game. And thankfully we've got about four kids who could have a game like that on any given night! It was definitely a performance nobody will forget any time soon, and if they don't know who he is in Northern Kentucky...I hope they find out the hard way in a couple weeks!
Don Carlo Wrote:Johnson Central is 10-0 and your on here complaining about stats? Boy cricketbed you're really concerned about the team aren't you? Last year you cried about your favorite little golden eagle not playing defense. He's playing defense this year and now your complaining about him not getting enough carries or that his stats haven't been turned in. Every week you get on here and stir crap up and then let on like you're not at the game but a "buddy" told you. Do you actually think people don't know who you are on here? Do you think we're that stupid? Hey buddy let me fill you in on a little secret,there's no I in team. If you're so concerned by the way Coach Matney runs his team why don't you get the balls to ask him yourself and quit taking little cheap shots at him and the team on here? The truth is you could care less about the team or our school, you're only out for one and it's quite obvious who that is by reading your posts on here. It's no wonder the Paintsville people called you a cancer. You may let on like you're not bashing our kids but the fact is you're bashing the entire team by getting on here and constantly showing your stupidity.

P.S.
Your buddy is an idiot too!

Thought you had died!!:flush: Don't know who my buddy is, but you have the right to speak:please:
Daddycat27 Wrote:I think they deserve to be in the conversation, BUT JC will have the toughest road to BG. All 3 of there backs are worried about one thing, that's BG! Not individual accomplishments. Good luck JC!

Don Carlo Wrote:Johnson Central is 10-0 and your on here complaining about stats? Boy cricketbed you're really concerned about the team aren't you? Last year you cried about your favorite little golden eagle not playing defense. He's playing defense this year and now your complaining about him not getting enough carries or that his stats haven't been turned in. Every week you get on here and stir crap up and then let on like you're not at the game but a "buddy" told you. Do you actually think people don't know who you are on here? Do you think we're that stupid? Hey buddy let me fill you in on a little secret,there's no I in team. If you're so concerned by the way Coach Matney runs his team why don't you get the balls to ask him yourself and quit taking little cheap shots at him and the team on here? The truth is you could care less about the team or our school, you're only out for one and it's quite obvious who that is by reading your posts on here. It's no wonder the Paintsville people called you a cancer. You may let on like you're not bashing our kids but the fact is you're bashing the entire team by getting on here and constantly showing your stupidity.

P.S.
Your buddy is an idiot too!

Oh, by the way if YOUR BUDDY don't want to release stats, then he doesn't have to. Listen to the radio this Friday, they will have them:welcome:
I'd say your Mr. Football award will goto Nacarius Fant.
Has there ever been a Mr. Football winner from the WYMT viewing area....
A.K.A. The Mountains
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Has there ever been a Mr. Football winner from the WYMT viewing area....
A.K.A. The Mountains

Couch and Scotty Russell
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Couch and Scotty Russell

What years???

Where was Russell from?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:What years???

Where was Russell from?

Russell was from Evarts High and was coached by former JCHS coach Bill Musick. Russell won MR Football in 1991?? I think it was 1991 may have been 1992.
http://www.kfca.info/mrFootball.html

1991- Russell
1995- Couch
Evarts and Leslie Co. are the only two "Mountain Teams" to have a Mr. Football winner.

Sad. Not because those players didn't deserve it...... but because EKY doesn't seem to exist.

I know Doug Howard or David Jones from Belfry should have won it in 2004. Or somebody from the '87, '88 or '89 Pikeville teams.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Evarts and Leslie Co. are the only two "Mountain Teams" to have a Mr. Football winner.

Sad. Not because those players didn't deserve it...... but because EKY doesn't seem to exist.

I know Doug Howard or David Jones from Belfry should have won it in 2004. Or somebody from the '87, '88 or '89 Pikeville teams.

Jones would have been the best option based on the fact he was a star on both sides of the ball and was committed to UK. He also had the great State Championship performance the year prior.Committing to UK, or at least having UK in the final running of schools the player is considering, certainly helps a lot.

What hurt Jones, aside from Geography and Media Coverage, was the fact he had Howard alongside. Howard had better offensive numbers and the consensus was he was the better overall HS player. If Jones could have toted the rock 25 times per game he would have had Ungodly stats and had a chance at the award. It's also a shame that youtube and modern multi-media wasn't the way it was then as it is now...if people could have seen highlights of some of the plays he made and they went viral throughout the state it wouldn't have hurt either.

The case for Jones was strengthened after the fact when he was the MVP of KY/TN All-Star game.. but he had too many hurdles to overcome to be a "true" Mr. Football Finalist that season.
honestjchsfan Wrote:IMO, after rushing for over 250 yards and 5 touchdowns against the Class 3A #1 ranked Belfry team, Jordan Ray Young has played his way into the MR Football conversation! I am not sure what his stats were in the Ashland game but he had a big game that night too! I know a high profile player like a Drew Barker is odds on favorite to win the award but in my mind Young from JCHS should be a candidate! Maybe a JCHS fan will post his season stats?
You don't become a Mr.Football candidate by being the 2nd leading rusher on your own team all year.
I'll go on to say that if Arliss beach at Ashland didn't win then no one in eastern key this year will come close. Same thing could be said about the west kid at Lawrence. I mean the guy Arliss played at UK and a short nfl career and couldn't win me football? Chris Jennings also comes to mind at fairview.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I'll go on to say that if Arliss beach at Ashland didn't win then no one in eastern key this year will come close. Same thing could be said about the west kid at Lawrence. I mean the guy Arliss played at UK and a short nfl career and couldn't win me football? Chris Jennings also comes to mind at fairview.

Both Beach and West had games with over 300+ yards against Belfry FWIW.....
Just so you know the eastern teams have a better shot now and going forward than they used to. With the consolidation of small town papers across the state the eastern half now has as many or more votes as the western half.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Both Beach and West had games with over 300+ yards against Belfry FWIW.....

Belfry wasn't ranked as the #1 team in Class 3A those year either, plus they hadn't played in a string of state title games to boot.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I'll go on to say that if Arliss beach at Ashland didn't win then no one in eastern key this year will come close. Same thing could be said about the west kid at Lawrence. I mean the guy Arliss played at UK and a short nfl career and couldn't win me football? Chris Jennings also comes to mind at fairview.

Beach was a great player got in the doghouse with Hal Mumme if I remember right. Why do you think guys like Larry Bird, MJ, Joe Montana , Jerry Rice and Tom Brady are considered so great?? Why?? When the "BIG GAME" lights came on they rose to the top! The 2 point conversion that Young scored against Ashland in 2012 is just one example of Young playing great in a Big game!
honestjchsfan Wrote:Beach was a great player got in the doghouse with Hal Mumme if I remember right. Why do you think guys like Larry Bird, MJ, Joe Montana , Jerry Rice and Tom Brady are considered so great?? Why?? When the "BIG GAME" lights came on they rose to the top! The 2 point conversion that Young scored against Ashland in 2012 is just one example of Young playing great in a Big game!

For the readers on BRG that can't read very well I want to point out that I am using Larry Bird and MJ and the rest of those guys as examples of what great player do at their respective level. So, the point is Young who plays at the HS level has played great in Big games at the HS level! I am not saying Young is as great athlete as Bird of MJ or any of the others listed above. Jethro Bodine made it the 5th grade and I honestly don't think some of the readers on BRG made it that far! For those who need help; Conversation: informal interchange of thoughts, information, etc by spoken words; oral communication between persons; talk; colloquy. Hint: notice the word informal!
Pages: 1 2