Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Caldwell County 48 Mayfield 41
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final score.
Mysonis55 it't OK I feel your pain LOL
Well...

At least this puts the "Mayfield is the best team in 2A as well as 1A" thoughts to rest.
Oh, there's gonna be some crow served up here...
Well, just leaving. Still in traffic to get out. I will take a big plate of crow. We lost a great game. That is probably one of the best games I ever saw. The Tigers are a great team.
Mayfield come out of this one injury free?
Dont hand your heads Mayfield.
You'd be the 2nd best team in 2A. Thats a given.

Maybe the best if you two played again.
Did not expect this. Mayfield is legit, good win for Caldwell. Congrats!
Even though we lost that was one of the best games that I have watched. I just checked with one of the coaches, we came out with no injuries. Good luck to the Tigers the rest of the way.
Congrats to Caldwell. This one lived up to its billing.
That was the GREATEST game I have ever been to in my entire life! They should have charged everybody $20 to leave. Both teams played their hearts out, and my Tigers came out a head. Both teams used the passing game to open up the running game. I got to meet Ontopofthewest, nice guy too. Good luck to Mayfield! I hope to see both teams in BG the 1st weekend of December!
Didn't expect this. Congrats to Caldwell. Mayfield, your still the team in 1-A.
this was 1 of just a couple i got right this week in pickems..
Not really a surprise to me. Caldwell is legit. Sindelar may be the best QB in the state. Boyd is a great RB and Cain, Peppers and couple of other receivers are all outstanding. Plus, they return like there entire line and skilled players from last years state runner-up team. I knew they'd be in a dogfight for sure, because Mayfield is used to playing in big games and I knew they wouldn't be intimidated and also has a ton of firepower and are very well coached. Wasn't sure who I thought would win, but, I did figure it'd be a shootout with both teams having there moments and thought it could go either way. Wouldn't surprise me to see both these teams win it all in there class. Great teams.
I am glad we don't have to play them in the playoffs. I can't wait to see the stat lines from this one. Our freshman rb ran wild.
TEAM STATISTICS
Mayfield — First downs: 21.
Rushing attempts-yards: 41-298.
Passing-yards: 13-29-207.
Total yards: 505.
Penalties-yards:7-60.
Fumbles-lost: 2-2.

Caldwell County — First downs: 21.
Rushing attempts-yards: 25-256.
Passing yards:18-28-288.
Total yards: 544.
Penalties-yards: 6-48.
Fumbles-lost: 0-0.

INDIVIDUAL LEADERS
Rushing — Mayfield: Stuart Mills 18-116,
Jake Guhy 1-(-9), Johnny Hernande2-9,
Trajon Bright 17-160, Alfred Capuano 2-7,
Deion Jackson 2-15.
Caldwell County:Jaylen Boyd 14-229, Elijah Sindelar 9-68,
DeMetreus Cain 3-5,

Passing — Mayfield: Jake Guhy 7-17-106, 1 INT.
Caldwell County: Elijah Sindelar 18-28-288, 3 INT.

Receiving — Mayfield: Deion Jackson 4-48,
Lane Kennemore 5-32, Dylan Reed 2-14,
Trajon Bright 1-16, Latayo Crumble 1-47.

Caldwell County: DeMetreus Cain 3-54,
Jordan Young 1-4, Eli Pepper 7-157,
Elijah Anderson 4-36, Jaylen Boyd 1-18.
:howdy::howdy: Mysonis55 you want your crow On a plate or stick. :Sad04:
I am being kind :lmao:
Stats are just as even as the score. The score will reflect that one team lost but it was an evenly matched game as you could draw up.
Would have loved to seen these two behemoths going at each other.
Caldwell is a great team no doubt, they were the better team this night and deserved this win, a very classy bunch for sure!! If I had to critique their team it would be their run defense. I don't know who they have to face in the playoffs but if they have to face a good solid running team they have some problems but they do have the ability to score quickly for sure.

I am blown away at our little Trajon Bright, 160 yrds for a freshman, he is gonna be a good one.
Truth be told I think Caldwell when fresh was just a little better. Mayfield finally got the Tigers d line a little gased late and the Cards managed to retake control of the game but ultimatley some mistakes cost the Cards and the Tigers cashed in.

Game could have gone either way and you have to be good and lucky sometime and the Cards have had their share of both the last 4 or 5 years. If we had to lose 1 this is the one as the rest send you home.

I think both win titles but it is not a given for either. Mayfield's defense is just not as good as it has been the last few years granted you can't fault the defense much for giving up a ton of yards to Caldwell qb and reciver combo Pepper as it was just a mismatch for our DB's. Pepper and his huge size advantage plus being very athletic was too much for our smaller DB's who really did about all they could and generally had decent coverage. The defense must improve their tackling but this late I have to think it is not going to improve.
If the defense can hang in there we will be okay. Caldwell also is weak on defense and has stiff competition from either CAL (played Male to the wire) or Desales, both worry me with the Tiger defense. They must improve their run defense, Mayfield with most kids going both ways was gashing them on the run and these teams could do the same.

Good luck to the Tigers and lets meet again in BG hopefully!
Big Five-0- Wrote:Didn't expect this. Congrats to Caldwell. Mayfield, your still the team in 1-A.

Don't give up on Williamsburg BIG FIVE-O :Cheerlead :welcome: To Williamsburg
Tica Wrote:Stats are just as even as the score. The score will reflect that one team lost but it was an evenly matched game as you could draw up.

You are right. The stats are relatively close but one stat stuck out like a sore thumb and that is the turnovers department. 2 fumbles lost by Mayfield and 0 fumbles lost by Caldwell. Turnovers are costly and a great team can make you pay. Just ask Whitley County.
It was 3-3 turnovers for both. Sindelar had 3 picks. One was a mental mistake but the other two were really great plays by the mayfield defense. It was by far the best high school game I have ever witnessed.
I am not too concerned as we played a great team and went toe to toe with them. In a game like that anyone can win. We just had one or two times the ball bounced the wrong way.
BoyleCounty Wrote:You are right. The stats are relatively close but one stat stuck out like a sore thumb and that is the turnovers department. 2 fumbles lost by Mayfield and 0 fumbles lost by Caldwell. Turnovers are costly and a great team can make you pay. Just ask Whitley County.

2 turnovers that were there but got away for the Cards were the kickoff right before the half that we recovered that was ruled Caldwell Co ball and the inadvertant whistle on a punt that the fair catch was fumbled on both by Caldwell deep in their territory. Either one of those could have proved to be huge but they didn't go our way this time
correct mysonis55 especially the one right before half when we recovered the fumble clearly and the ref signaled Mayfield ball and the other referee just had to come in late as our offense was coming on the field and say i had a better angle caldwell ball. We score there inside the 20 and its a different game that and letting sindlar run for 60 yard td plus a couple more plays.
So much for The 3A 4A 5A and 6A talk. No way a JC,belfry,central,bowling green,X,Male,trinity or even manual give up 48 points to Caldwell.
64SUR Wrote:Don't give up on Williamsburg BIG FIVE-O :Cheerlead :welcome: To Williamsburg

Sorry 64, i'm fixin to do that. :biggrin: :pondering:
I don't think you heard any of us saying we were the best in all those classes. That was someone from Somerset that suggested that. I said many times that all we were concerned about was winning 1a.
Pages: 1 2 3