Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Caldwell County 48 Mayfield 41
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
And just that I expect mayfield to win 1a.
If we play the rest of the year like we did last night, I like our chances. Not to many times that things are gonna bounce the wrong way so often in one game.
I think Mayfield better worry about being the best in class A than worrying about being the best in other classes.
mysonis55 Wrote:I don't think you heard any of us saying we were the best in all those classes. That was someone from Somerset that suggested that. I said many times that all we were concerned about was winning 1a.

Wasn't calling you out personally there 55
I know some get full of it at times. For the most part we understand these teams are made up of young men who at times will make mistakes. When you play a good team them mistakes can mean the difference between winning and losing. I still think our bunch can compete with a lot of teams. We may lose some, but I like our chances.
mysonis55 Wrote:I know some get full of it at times. For the most part we understand these teams are made up of young men who at times will make mistakes. When you play a good team them mistakes can mean the difference between winning and losing. I still think our bunch can compete with a lot of teams. We may lose some, but I like our chances.

No doubt mayfield would compete in 1A-3A probably will win 1A and could win 2A. I think 3A would be tough but they could possibly still win the region or make a region final.
This year, all that matter is 1a. We cannot afford to take any weeks off or have any injuries. I think our senior group is focused and ready for another run.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Dont hand your heads Mayfield.
You'd be the 2nd best team in 2A. Thats a given.

Maybe the best if you two played again.
How are you a moderator making comments like this??? There are a few teams that will disagree with that statement. You guys keep crowning Caldwell, CAL and desalles might have something to say about that.
Wait till u play caldwell... u will see his point... these two teams were top ten in the state and most would agree.. boyd was by far the fastest rb we've seen all year.. wow. Very quick and skilled.. between the pass and run.. just deadly.. few calles went the wrong way, but u win some u lose some.. two teams were very even ... mayfields d is not as good as past thats a givin and ppl knoe that I did belive that they woulda played a lil better at not allowing the run... seemed to be where caldwell ate us up.. one play tds by boyd..
Besides the two plays that got reversed (both being bs) our main running bac got injured at beginning of first half and we put 135 lb fresman in that did very well but fumbled the ball in caldwell teritory.. like seein the frsh. Gettin play time but when our main running back returned he was eating caldwell in 4th qt.. things happen .. oh well .. awsome game but dont think it topped the mayfield mccracken game. Caldwell is all they talked them up to be... sindelar was very good but was not as expected. Was almost more impressed last year.. but the kid is D1 for sure... along with D1 in basketball and baseball... awsome athlete. Great game caldwell ... both teams need improvement on run-d.. both teams stand a very high chance of bring home the gold...
I don't know how anyone that saw that game could say that Sindelar was not as good as advertised. He was what made them competitive. If you take him out we would have beat them bad. We were stuffing the run early. They started getting the run going when they figured out that we could not contain Sindelar. I'm not sure about the idea of only sending 3 after him. I guess they thought they could cover all the receivers with 8. I didn't think so and said before the game that we would have to get pressure on him to have a chance. It showed. The ints all occurred when he was on the run.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:How are you a moderator making comments like this??? There are a few teams that will disagree with that statement. You guys keep crowning Caldwell, CAL and desalles might have something to say about that.

What does being a moderator have to do with how i make my comments?!?
We do not change our point of views because were mods.

And yes, I am correct.
Gut, you forgot to mention a NKY team. Quick fire back and tell them how much better NCC is going to be than Caldwell and everything will be alright. He will forgive you then.
Caldwell came out a head Friday night. Great game. Bad calls went both ways. It was really cool getting to meet and talk to OnTopOfTheWest and his friends, great guys! Wish I could have met more of you, but the seats on our side were gonna be scarce.
What makes Sindelar special is that even when you get pressure on him, he uses his legs to buy time and find a receiver open or he tucks it and runs for large chunks, keeping drives alive. You kinda have to pick your poison there. Bring 5 or 6 and he'll eat you up on the short underneath stuff and guys like Cain and Boyd will do the rest. Bring 3 and he just calmly rolls out with his head up and finds someone deep or runs for a big gain. He is deceptively fast, because of those long strides, but, moreso, he's just elusive and calm as a cucumber back there. Never gets rattled. Of course it doesn't hurt when you can throw it 60 yards on a dime with a Peytonesque touch.
He is unbelievable. My thought is that you cant put yourselves in a position where a call can make the difference in the game.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:What makes Sindelar special is that even when you get pressure on him, he uses his legs to buy time and find a receiver open or he tucks it and runs for large chunks, keeping drives alive. You kinda have to pick your poison there. Bring 5 or 6 and he'll eat you up on the short underneath stuff and guys like Cain and Boyd will do the rest. Bring 3 and he just calmly rolls out with his head up and finds someone deep or runs for a big gain. He is deceptively fast, because of those long strides, but, moreso, he's just elusive and calm as a cucumber back there. Never gets rattled. Of course it doesn't hurt when you can throw it 60 yards on a dime with a Peytonesque touch.

Caldwell's down fall COULD be IF they meet a team (CAL-DeSales) that can match up better with CC's receivers and put pressure on him. I was not as impressed with Sindelar's deep throws , I thought he just heaved some up for grabs and 2 deep balls were picked off. His short to medium length throws were dead on. He can move very well.

Cal or DeSales will probably be a handful for Caldwell. Cal has beaten DeSales and was only beaten 6 to 0 by Male.
Caldwell has an awesome offense but like Mayfield they are lacking somewhat on defense. Both Mayfield and Caldwell are the favorites for their class titles but Mayfield should be highly favored.
mysonis55 Wrote:He is unbelievable. My thought is that you cant put yourselves in a position where a call can make the difference in the game.

Not un believable.... very very good... has everything it takes for a million dollar man.. far as size smarts skill... just was not as impressed as I was last year.. last year he threw ropes 75yrds down field through the air.. he was throwing ball so tight and hard wr could not even hang on to it.. this year was expectin much of the same but it wasnt.. he is still a great player, not cuttin him a bit.. but just did not think he got much better.. long ball was just a throw up in the air .. it seemed every one coulda been picked as killer stated.. great qb.. not unbelivable... McCrackens Hughes was more impressive to me..

And dont get me wrong im not tryin to dog on caldwell....was just hoping sindelar was a little better come play off time.. bring it home tigers!
They are close but at this point Sindelar is better. It just stings sometimes to lose. I think he will be bigger than Cory Robinson. I pray the kid goes on to make the big money and enjoys life. I also pray he remembers the good Christian values that I here he knows.
mysonis55 Wrote:They are close but at this point Sindelar is better. It just stings sometimes to lose. I think he will be bigger than Cory Robinson. I pray the kid goes on to make the big money and enjoys life. I also pray he remembers the good Christian values that I here he knows.

You obviously did not see alot of Robinson, Sindelar is great but has very good recievers that made up for alot of his so so passes, espically the tall kid #8. Robinson was the better of the two when both were juniors and Robinson had less help. That said there is mo shame in being a little behind a man getting ready to enter the NFL
Sindelar had 3 interceptions against Mayfield, and two all year before that, he made a few bad decisions that game and they all cost him, I have seen every game and that wasn't one of his best throwing the football, but it was good enough, again seeing him one time you can't really tell how much he has progressed, I have watched him his whole career and he is really good and has another year to improve.
Cardinal, you should know that I saw him play. I think Sindelar is better. He didn't have that great help at receiver last year and look what he did.
I cant believe you of all people questioned me. You should know by now, lol.
Ya.. like I said... the kid is good and should be deserving of mr football next year.. we were just hoping of a better progression .... we are only judging from the mayfield games.. for they were both pretty high pressure situations that he needs to excell in... now he had great field presence as far as utilizing his guys. But a lot of poor throws... take away the 6'8" reciever and see wat he can do against high caliber teams.. my guess is not much better than avg.. great kid though..
Cardinal, next thing you know you will be rooting for Beechwood.
Hope he continues to get better.. not too often we get kids like him to put spotlight on this side of the state..
He has it all tho, a good college will only make him better, I agree tho, its nice to get to spotlight our area. It seems to me that high school football in our area in general has gotten better over the past few years.
mysonis55 Wrote:Cardinal, next thing you know you will be rooting for Beechwood.

:worthy::theman::kneel:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
mysonis55 Wrote:Gut, you forgot to mention a NKY team. Quick fire back and tell them how much better NCC is going to be than Caldwell and everything will be alright. He will forgive you then.
Gimme a break. I'll absolutely admit the three best teams in 2A are on the west side this season. You guys have been paper champs all year, win something first before you start running your mouths. Caldwell has played one good team and had to win 48-41. If you get past CAL or desalles, then you can start to celebrate. Until then, I can post a pic of NCC's 2012 state ring if you like.
NKY, relax!!! Caldwell is the favorite and will win 2a. You all should know that. Yall were the best in 2a last year and they took you to the wire, no way to doubt that. They have almost everything including the kitchen sink back. In addition to what they had, they added more talent. That should be a clue. That is unless you are saying that your team from last year could not win this years field. If you believe they could, well then Caldwell would certainly be the best. Oh and one other thing, they have beaten 3 good teams. 2 really good teams. Murray and Mayfield are really good. Murray would be the favorite in the far west region if not for Caldwell and look what happened.
NKY, I would like for our boys to have a chance to exact revenge upon your boys for 2005. However, we do respect your program. You just have to realize there are other teams out here. Caldwell is no longer drawing plays up in the sand. They actually have a playbook this year.
Pages: 1 2 3