Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 3A Ranking the playoffs are set !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Class 3A, District 1 Overall District
(1)Paducah Tilghman 5 - 5 3 - 0
(2)Fort Campbell 4 - 5 2 - 1
(3)Trigg County 4 - 5 1 - 2
(4)Webster County 1 - 8 0 - 3

Class 3A, District 2 Overall District
(1)South Warren 8 - 1 4 - 0
(2)Monroe County 6 - 3 3 - 1
(3)Edmonson County 4 - 5 2 - 2
(4)Adair County 4 - 5 1 - 3
Hart County 3 - 6 0 - 4

Class 3A, District 3 Overall District
(1)Central 6 - 3 3 - 0
(2)Henry County 6 - 3 2 - 1
(3)Elizabethtown 6 - 3 1 - 2
(4)LaRue County 0 - 9 0 - 3

Class 3A, District 4 Overall District
(1)Wayne County 9 - 0 4 - 0
(2)Bell County 6 - 3 3 - 1
(3)Corbin 7 - 2 2 - 2
(4)Casey County 1 - 8 1 - 3
McCreary Central 0 - 9 0 - 4

Class 3A, District 5 Overall District
(1)Bourbon County 9 - 0 5 - 0
(2)Garrard County 5 - 4 4 - 1
(3)Estill County 4 - 5 3 - 2
(4)Powell County 6 - 3 2 - 3
Bath County 2 - 7 1 - 4
Western Hills 1 - 8 0 - 5

Class 3A, District 6 Overall District
(1)Mason County 9 - 0 5 - 0
(2)Russell 6 - 3 4 - 1
(3)Lewis County 6 - 3 3 - 2
(4)Fleming County 2 - 7 2 - 3
East Carter 2 - 7 1 - 4
West Carter 2 - 7 0 - 5

Class 3A, District 7 Overall District
(1)Breathitt County 5 - 4 4 - 0
(2)Magoffin County 6 - 3 3 - 1
(3)Morgan County 4 - 5 2 - 2
(4)Jackson County 5 - 4 1 - 3
Knott County Central 3 - 6 0 - 4

Class 3A, District 8 Overall District
(1)Belfry 9 - 0 3 - 0
(2)Pike County Central 5 - 4 2 - 1
(3)Lawrence County 6 - 3 1 - 2
(4)Sheldon Clark 0 - 8 0 - 3

1. Belfry
2. Wayne Co
3. Central
4. Bourbon co
5. Paducah Tilghman
6. South Warren
7. Mason Co
8. Bell
9. Corbin
10. Lawrence Co and Pike Co Central

I have Belfry and Wayne Co in Finals
I wouldn't overlook PT or Central, Wayne hasn't seen that much athleticism this season. I would also bet that Central won't get caught looking past Wayne Co again this season.

That said I'm hoping Wayne Co makes it to BG, used to work in Monticello and have a lot of friends with kids playing for the Cards!
Etched into the mind of Wayne's returning starters is the athleticism of central last year. It's what got them to this point. I doubt they will be shocked by the athletes.
any kno anything about Etown this year last two year haven't won a game now past .500.what south warren and mason county i don't no anything about them
Everyone needs to look out for the Bourbon Colonels. That D is starting to play some lights out ball from what I've heard. I know they are banged up and the schedule is soft, but theyve dominated everybody.
I said it before Bourbon County has a very good shot to be in Bowling Green. Very athletic and better than the team that went to Belfry last year by far.
Tilghman now is a very different team than the one that started the year with a win over heralded McCracken Co. They will run it right over you until you stack the middle. Then they will throw.

After a string of defeats, PT reverted to a ground and pound game. They have three backs who can bring it and a QB who can run and throw well enough to make foes regret stacking the line. The biggest change has been the defensive revival led by 6'3" all-state DE/LB Derik Overstreet who has committed to WKU but may be getting other D1 looks. PT is not the typical track team in pads of past years.
Belfry has an absoloute cake walk to the finals.
The west is anybodys game.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Belfry has an absoloute cake walk to the finals.
The west is anybodys game.

I agree they are the most likely to be in BG
Central and Belfry in Finals again!!!
Pike Central vs Breathitt in second round will be very interesting. I don't believe either can beat Belfry in the regional final.
Bourbon and Mason County are headed towards an epic showdown.
E's Army Wrote:Pike Central vs Breathitt in second round will be very interesting. I don't believe either can beat Belfry in the regional final.
Agreed, Pike Central and The Bobcats will be a good game to see who gets the stops! The second round will be a physical task for these teams, and let's not forget that second round atCAM, between the Bulldogs, and Haywood's Pirates! This too should be a physical display of two determined teams trying to advance! The two winners here should be a great regional final at CAM or Jackson.... The Regional champs may be the team who comes through the second round with no injuries, so let's pray for all teams to play hard, and have no injuries for the rest of the 2013 season!
Bourbon and Mason will be a good one, but Bourbon will advance and host Belfry. That will be a great ball game
I think Bourbon Co. Is the most overrated team ive seen in a very long time, the only games ive watched of them however were after the injuries, against Powell Co number 3 for bourbon ran the ball atleast 35-40 times, other than his big game, bourbon co was very unimpressive, their d is fast but small, this spells disaster for them if they make it to belfry and maybe even mason co
PT wins the west and maybe the whole thing.
PocoLegend Wrote:I think Bourbon Co. Is the most overrated team ive seen in a very long time, the only games ive watched of them however were after the injuries, against Powell Co number 3 for bourbon ran the ball atleast 35-40 times, other than his big game, bourbon co was very unimpressive, their d is fast but small, this spells disaster for them if they make it to belfry and maybe even mason co

#3 had 18 carries that game for 144 yards. #2 had 6 carries for 152 yards. They still had 166 yards passing. I'm not trying to change you're opinion, just stating stats.
PocoLegend Wrote:I think Bourbon Co. Is the most overrated team ive seen in a very long time, the only games ive watched of them however were after the injuries, against Powell Co number 3 for bourbon ran the ball atleast 35-40 times, other than his big game, bourbon co was very unimpressive, their d is fast but small, this spells disaster for them if they make it to belfry and maybe even mason co

#3 for Bourbon ran the ball 18 times against Powell for 144 yds, pretty impressive I agree. But in that same game, #2 ran the ball 6 times for 152 yards and Bourbon threw for 2 touchdowns, so it doesn't sound like he was the only thing going.

I do think Bourbon will struggle a little with Mason, but everyone thought so last year too. If Pope comes back, and teams have to respect the deep ball, Bourbon will give anyone in 3a all they want, including the Belfry's and Central's of the world.
The Shanks effect @ Tilghman. Note the drop in points allowed that coincides with the guru's return to coach the D.

Code:
McCracken County     24      - 23     (W)         
        F.J. Reitz, IN          16     - 28     (L)     
    Mayfield              21     - 28     (L)         
    Graves County          27     - 30     (L)         
    Highlands                25     - 42     (L)         
    Henderson County     14     - 27     (L)         
    Madisonville              41     - 0     (W)          
    Fort Campbell         41     - 7     (W)         
    Trigg County          27     - 6     (W)          
    Webster County         48     - 6     (W)         
    Adair County          Playoffs
Tica Wrote:The Shanks effect @ Tilghman. Note the drop in points allowed that coincides with the guru's return to coach the D.

Code:
McCracken County     24      - 23     (W)         
        F.J. Reitz, IN          16     - 28     (L)     
    Mayfield              21     - 28     (L)         
    Graves County          27     - 30     (L)         
    Highlands                25     - 42     (L)         
    Henderson County     14     - 27     (L)         
    Madisonville              41     - 0     (W)          
    Fort Campbell         41     - 7     (W)         
    Trigg County          27     - 6     (W)          
    Webster County         48     - 6     (W)         
    Adair County          Playoffs

You know what I see? I tremendous drop off in quality of teams. It looks to me like the new DC benefited greatly by not having to play the first half of the schedule.
^
The right coach makes all the difference in high school ask Harlan Co new school new football field and new coach = New program HSfootball is right here as well there was a major drop in quality teams. How ever I don't think anyone will underestimate PT they are a solid football team and a tough schedule will have them ready for the playoff seems like everything might be in place for a good run. Wayne/Central will still be too much.
redstorm Wrote:Central and Belfry in Finals again!!!

Belfry I agree with, but I think Wayne will outlast Central.
E's Army Wrote:Bourbon and Mason County are headed towards an epic showdown.

If it ends up being Bourbon and Mason. Mason better bring their pillows.
It will be a short game, but it will feel like an eternity....
PT game was season low scoring total for Trigg + Ft. Campbell. To put the results in perspective - Ft. Campbell put up 35 on Caldwell, 21 on Mayfield and 17 on McCracken.
Bell Co./ Louisville Central vs Belfry in the finals..Some will make noise, but to NO avail.
E's Army Wrote:Bourbon and Mason County are headed towards an epic showdown.

Ive seen both teams play.....and if Bourbon were to be at full strength...this is no contest. With Pope (QB) they are 3 TD's better than Mason...Without Pope...we're still the better team. Too much speed. I would not pencil Belfry into the finals. Pope or no Pope...Bourbon will be a team to be reckoned with...especially being able to play @ home.

Belfry has some issues to work out...
You guys are underselling Mason.
FBALL Wrote:You guys are underselling Mason.

The only team I see that played them close is newport who is a 4-5 team, Lewis and Russell are the only teams they've played with a winning records at 5-4. The only real test they have on there schedule is Scott this weekend we will know more after Friday. I just don't see them making it past Bourbon Co. Not saying they aren't good just not regional champs good. I do have them ranked at 7th in the state in 3A but only ahead of Bell and Corbin because of their record probably more of a tie 7-9. Outside of Belfry West isn't as strong as East
FBfan4life Wrote:Bell Co./ Louisville Central vs Belfry in the finals..Some will make noise, but to NO avail.

I think Belfry has to be evaluated by anyone who thinks they are a lock for Bowling Green at this point. While all the Pirate faithful would love to see our boys make another run for it we know that anything can happen on a Friday night. We know all to well that good teams can fall when they probably shouldn't (we only have to look at 98, 08 and debatably 09 to see examples).

We just have to see where the chips fall.
Objective Wrote:The only team I see that played them close is newport who is a 4-5 team, Lewis and Russell are the only teams they've played with a winning records at 5-4. The only real test they have on there schedule is Scott this weekend we will know more after Friday. I just don't see them making it past Bourbon Co. Not saying they aren't good just not regional champs good. I do have them ranked at 7th in the state in 3A but only ahead of Bell and Corbin because of their record probably more of a tie 7-9. Outside of Belfry West isn't as strong as East

I don't know what happened in the game at Newport, maybe injuries or just a subpar game, but the only team that played them competitively in district was Russell.

If you compare Mason and Bourbon just by scores against Common opponents both teams blew out Harrison County.
Pages: 1 2 3