Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell County @ Rockcastle County 10/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Lakers will travel to Rockcastle County and begin district play next week. Two years ago this game was an instant classic with the Rockets controlling most of the game only to see the Lakers come back late and tie the game. The Lakers had a chance to win the game with a 45 or so yard FG with a few seconds remaining in regulation.....but the Rockets blocked the FG to send the game in to OT. In OT the Rockets scored first and executed on a call for the 2-pt conversion. The Lakers scored, but failed on the conversion.

Will this game hold the same kind of excitement that we saw in 2011?
Russell county 34 Rock 18 :HitWall: :HitWall:
Lakers roll the rock
Thank goodness we play Russell Co, should be good game and a win for Rockcastle, heard we have a few new wrinkles and stuff for Russell Co, nothing like they have seen yet from us.
Full deck Wrote:Thank goodness we play Russell Co, should be good game and a win for Rockcastle, heard we have a few new wrinkles and stuff for Russell Co, nothing like they have seen yet from us.

Glad you are happy to play the lakers. Would think the boys take the Rockets very seriously as they do every team. Just for fans like you, I hope our boys give you a good show to watch. After they read your post several will be too intimidated to show up so please take it easy on our boys.:please: :please: :igiveup:
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:Glad you are happy to play the lakers. Would think the boys take the Rockets very seriously as they do every team. Just for fans like you, I hope our boys give you a good show to watch. After they read your post several will be too intimidated to show up so please take it easy on our boys.:please: :please: :igiveup:

He's not playing with a full deck lol Russell is a really good football team and probable the best in our district. Rock would have to play out of there minds
Russell County has to much speed for the rock.
Russell County is very good team very respectable fan base to its always nice to play them. I hope Rock runs #45 atleast 20 times this game to keep Russells O. on the sideline
Just wait, Rockcastle will surprise RC just like we did a few yrs ago, you blew smoke then and we stopped you guys. Rock has been working on a few new things for the dist.
Full deck Wrote:Just wait, Rockcastle will surprise RC just like we did a few yrs ago, you blew smoke then and we stopped you guys. Rock has been working on a few new things for the dist.

Obviously you haven't gone back and read the threads for this matchup. Two years ago we were coming to face a Rocket team that had given up a total of 34 points on the season. There was no need to blow smoke, because we knew we had a tough row to hoe. However, the real fans of both these teams walked away with a bunch of respect for the other. I don't recall any negativity before or after....just good football. Hopefully we will continue to see this as long as we share a district.
This will be no contest!! Russell County will dominate this game. Laker offense has to many weapons to account for. The defense is big and strong! I predict a third consecutive game with a running clock in the third quarter. Russell County 52 Rockcastle 6 (if they are lucky)!
well 2yrs ago you came in hyped and got hyped. you are coming in hyped again and you will be in for the shock of the year. like i said, dont be shocked when we do something we havent all year
Russell County will be ready for this one! One of our goals is to be back to back district champs. A two point loss to Rock two years ago kept us from having the chance for a three peat this year. Make no mistake the Lakers want this one bad!
Full deck Wrote:well 2yrs ago you came in hyped and got hyped. you are coming in hyped again and you will be in for the shock of the year. like i said, dont be shocked when we do something we havent all year

Being that I was pretty much the only Laker fan on here two years ago, I would remember the hype level. There was none. The Lakers will come in with a business approach. We will leave with a business approach. I really hope you are right about the Rockets having some new stuff to make this game another good one.
Full deck Wrote:Just wait, Rockcastle will surprise RC just like we did a few yrs ago, you blew smoke then and we stopped you guys. Rock has been working on a few new things for the dist.

Be careful what you wish for. You might just stick a foot in your mouth bro. Just saying..
laker20 Wrote:Being that I was pretty much the only Laker fan on here two years ago, I would remember the hype level. There was none. The Lakers will come in with a business approach. We will leave with a business approach. I really hope you are right about the Rockets having some new stuff to make this game another good one.

Hey now...I know there were at least two!!:Thumbs:
I'm still hoping to see the Lakers come out with a passing game. The offensive balance just isn't where it needs to be to compete with the likes of BC or LC. If I were Rock in this game I'd be loading the box to stop the run and make the Lakers throw the ball.
Big Brown Wrote:This will be no contest!! Russell County will dominate this game. Laker offense has to many weapons to account for. The defense is big and strong! I predict a third consecutive game with a running clock in the third quarter. Russell County 52 Rockcastle 6 (if they are lucky)!

The Lakers have two weapons on offense. That may be considered too many for most teams on your schedule, but not the big games. However, that will be enough for this one. Lakers take it 40-12.
laker20 Wrote:I'm still hoping to see the Lakers come out with a passing game. The offensive balance just isn't where it needs to be to compete with the likes of BC or LC. If I were Rock in this game I'd be loading the box to stop the run and make the Lakers throw the ball.

You better be ready to pass, we wil lload the box for sure and you better be ready to stop the run as well from what I hear.
Full deck Wrote:You better be ready to pass, we wil lload the box for sure and you better be ready to stop the run as well from what I hear.

So all this talk about "NEW" and now your saying be prepared to stop the run and have our run stopped. Sounds like traditional Rocket football.

I hope you're right, and we're forced into 3rd & long all night.
laker20 Wrote:So all this talk about "NEW" and now your saying be prepared to stop the run and have our run stopped. Sounds like traditional Rocket football.

I hope you're right, and we're forced into 3rd & long all night.

Why would you want to be 3rd and long all night, that means your offense sucks and more than likely getting beat.
I want our team to be tested and have to pass the ball in crucial situations. It's hard to get better when you're scoring TDs on every 3-4 touches. So, I'm hoping that Rock forces into a tougher game.
laker20 Wrote:I want our team to be tested and have to pass the ball in crucial situations. It's hard to get better when you're scoring TDs on every 3-4 touches. So, I'm hoping that Rock forces into a tougher game.

Oh you wont score every 3 or 4 touches and WOW I cant believe you want your team in 3rd and long a lot. If so then your offense does suck
Now that I have gotten everyone all riled up, let's be realistic! I made my previous comment to stir the pot and get some chatter going. I too am hoping for a competitive ball game. Thus far, this year Russell County has only been tested once, in which the test was failed! I have not seen Rockcastle play this year, so I can not speak intelligently about the Rocks. I do know they always come to play and will hit their opponents in mouth. The Lakers are very talented but they do need to open up the passing game. Looking forward to this week. Hope both teams compete well. I would love to see it come down to the wire. In support of my team, I do pick the Laker to win by the score of 27 - 21.
Full deck Wrote:Oh you wont score every 3 or 4 touches and WOW I cant believe you want your team in 3rd and long a lot. If so then your offense does suck

:please:
The Lakers will have the overall advantage in team speed again this year. It had that advantage two years ago but was beaten by a more physical team. The more physical team will win again this year...but I believe the Lakers are the most physical team in our district ( although Knox is physical as well). We are much better prepared to play smash mouth (mountain) football than we have ever been before. No one has run much on us all year including PC. The Lakers won't be pushed around anymore.
Big Brown Wrote:Now that I have gotten everyone all riled up, let's be realistic! I made my previous comment to stir the pot and get some chatter going. I too am hoping for a competitive ball game. Thus far, this year Russell County has only been tested once, in which the test was failed! I have not seen Rockcastle play this year, so I can not speak intelligently about the Rocks. I do know they always come to play and will hit their opponents in mouth. The Lakers are very talented but they do need to open up the passing game. Looking forward to this week. Hope both teams compete well. I would love to see it come down to the wire. In support of my team, I do pick the Laker to win by the score of 27 - 21.

I think your first prediction may be more accurate. I know Rock has some talented players. Just not sure they have enough to hang with the Lakers. All programs have their ups and downs, it just seems that the Lakers are enjoying the peak of the program while Rock is working on bringing theirs back up (and they will). I agree that the Rocket players will bring everything and won't lay down. Both teams will leave it all on the field......we can't ask for more.
Well I don't think #45 will get the carries so its going be hard for them to run physical.. I think that's the only way to beat Russell is just by being more physical Russell has way more athletes than Rock.
Russell wins
rustyankle Wrote:Well I don't think #45 will get the carries so its going be hard for them to run physical.. I think that's the only way to beat Russell is just by being more physical Russell has way more athletes than Rock.

Actually Rusty, unlike previous years teams, our line is bigger and more physical than usual. We should compete well on the line and I don't think many teams will be able to consistently run up the middle on us. PC was successful at the edges.....exactly what we should have done last time we came to play you guys. Lord knows we weren't successful in running up the middle.

I definitely want to see you guys get back on the right path, just not this Friday. I know your players are working every bit as hard as ours, and the expectations are always high at Rockcastle Co.
Pages: 1 2