Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Real Mountain Top 10 (week of 10/4)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1) Belfry
2) Johnson Central
3) Pulaski Co
4) Corbin
5) North Laurel
6) Harlan Co
7) Pikeville
8) Hazard
9) Middlesboro
10) Williamsburg

Looks like it was a short stay for the bobcats, really surprised at how Wayne handled them fri night. Hello to the burg welcome back! Harlan co seems to keep sliding down the ranks, they have surprised me also would have thought they would have maybe lost one game by the end of September not 3. Guess that's why we play the games. Hope Corbin holds strong this week it's going to be a tuff one @ Wayne for their homecoming.

Good Luck to ALL the mountain teams this week & GO BIG RED!!
Even with 3 losses I think you have to swap Somerset in place of Middlesboro following this past weekend.

Otherwise I think I am in agreement for the most part. Corbin and North Laurel I could see being flip flopped...
Somerset would beat 5 or 6 listed in top 10. You will see in 4 week when they play Middlesboro.
1. BELFRY
2. JOHNSON CENTRAL (JOHNSON JUMP UP 1 SPOT)
3. PULASKI CO
4. NORTH LAUREL
5. HARLAN CO
6. WILLIAMSBRUG ( I CAN TAKE THE HEAT)
7. SOMERSET(BETTER TEAM THAN 3-3)
8. CORBIN (WAIT AN SEE AFTER THE WAYNE CO. GAME)
9. PIKEVILLE
10.HAZARD

Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:
64SUR Wrote:1. BELFRY
2. JOHNSON CENTRAL (JOHNSON JUMP UP 1 SPOT)
3. PULASKI CO
4. NORTH LAUREL
5. HARLAN CO
6. WILLIAMSBRUG ( I CAN TAKE THE HEAT)
7. SOMERSET(BETTER TEAM THAN 3-3)
8. CORBIN (WAIT AN SEE AFTER THE WAYNE CO. GAME)
9. PIKEVILLE
10.HAZARD

Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:

I know these rankings are our own opinions but come on man!!! Williamsburg and Somerset? They came up when I was thinking of who was left out there. I have seen what they both have and IMO neither has a legit chance of being what everyone thought they would be this year. I thought they would both have a chance at going REAL deep in the playoffs but they have been a little disapointing thus far. As for the hounds we will hack to wait and see but IMO they deserve to be in the top 5!
Belfry
Pulaski
Johnson Central
Harlan Co.
North Laurel
Pikeville
Corbin
Middlesboro
Hazard
Williamsburg
1) Belfry
2)
3) Pulaski Co
4) Corbin
5) North Laurel
6) Harlan Co
7) Pikeville
8) Hazard
9) Middlesboro
10) Williamsburg

Looks pretty good to me.

(Yes, I did leave Johnson Central out of the #2 spot. The only ranking we are worried about is the #1 ranking at the end of the season and bringing back a 4A state title to Johnsonville.)
Go Big Red! Wrote:I know these rankings are our own opinions but come on man!!! Williamsburg and Somerset? They came up when I was thinking of who was left out there. I have seen what they both have and IMO neither has a legit chance of being what everyone thought they would be this year. I thought they would both have a chance at going REAL deep in the playoffs but they have been a little disapointing thus far. As for the hounds we will hack to wait and see but IMO they deserve to be in the top 5!

You haven't seen what Somerset has yet, because no one has. They've only played one game with their best player, a blowout over a top 5 team in 2A, and they haven't played a single game where at least two significant starters haven't been out.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:1) Belfry
2)
3) Pulaski Co
4) Corbin
5) North Laurel
6) Harlan Co
7) Pikeville
8) Hazard
9) Middlesboro
10) Williamsburg

Looks pretty good to me.

(Yes, I did leave Johnson Central out of the #2 spot. The only ranking we are worried about is the #1 ranking at the end of the season and bringing back a 4A state title to Johnsonville.)

Just for you... my Top 10

1. JOHNSON CENTRAL:1::1::1::1::1::worthy::notworthy:worthy:

2. Belfry
3. Pulaski Co

4. Corbin
5. North Laurel
6. Harlan Co

7. Somerset
8. Pikeville
9. Wburg
10. Hazard
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Just for you... my Top 10

1. JOHNSON CENTRAL:1::1::1::1::1::worthy::notworthy:worthy:

2. Belfry
3. Pulaski Co

4. Corbin
5. North Laurel
6. Harlan Co

7. Somerset
8. Pikeville
9. Wburg
10. Hazard

No No No buddy.... we've already called "Dibbs" on the underdog spot.
Go Big Red! Wrote:I know these rankings are our own opinions but come on man!!! Williamsburg and Somerset? They came up when I was thinking of who was left out there. I have seen what they both have and IMO neither has a legit chance of being what everyone thought they would be this year. I thought they would both have a chance at going REAL deep in the playoffs but they have been a little disapointing thus far. As for the hounds we will hack to wait and see but IMO they deserve to be in the top 5!

Corbin would be 3-3 or worse playing Somerset's Schedule and Somerset has been beat up all year.:flame:
Cellking Wrote:Corbin would be 3-3 or worse playing Somerset's Schedule and Somerset has been beat up all year.:flame:

IMHO Corbin would be 4-2...but if they were as banged up as Somerset was against Hazard then I agree it would be 3-3
Cellking Wrote:Somerset would beat 5 or 6 listed in top 10. You will see in 4 week when they play Middlesboro.

Although healthy and improved from early on I am curious to what 6 you think they would beat, they have already lost to 3 of them and I dont think they beat Harlan County or Johnson central- Just wondering?:popcorn:
Corbin's opponents are 7-18 having been outscored 417-868. The teams those 7 wins came against are 13-29. Rock, Clay County and Whitley make up 6 of those 13 wins. We might wait until Wayne County before we put the Hounds in the top 5. Not much to judge the Hounds on up to this point.
Cellking Wrote:Corbin would be 3-3 or worse playing Somerset's Schedule and Somerset has been beat up all year.:flame:

Somerset needs to worry about Danville this week a team Corbin blowed out!! Corbin needs to worry about Wayne a team they will have to beat for the district title. I said that Somerset is not as good as we all thought. Corbin is a lot better then I thought but the verdict is still out on how good we are. I'm thinking we could play with anybody the defense is sound and the offense has found its stride. Look back at who's scored all the TD'S for Corbin this year we have let coppick and waddle set back and watch some of the other kids get better. Were ready to roll sucks we have to eat cardinal two games in a row. Good luck the rest of the way out Somerset no sense in arguing about who's better we won't be playing anyway. Hope you win out!!

Go Big Red!
E's Army Wrote:Corbin's opponents are 7-18 having been outscored 417-868. The teams those 7 wins came against are 13-29. Rock, Clay County and Whitley make up 6 of those 13 wins. We might wait until Wayne County before we put the Hounds in the top 5. Not much to judge the Hounds on up to this point.

I'm not sure if they belong there or not, but who has North Laurel beaten to belong there. I actually don't see any of the teams rated from 4-10, with the possible exception of Harlan Co., and they seem to have hit the skids, who have proven much so far.
SEKYFAN Wrote:I'm not sure if they belong there or not, but who has North Laurel beaten to belong there. I actually don't see any of the teams rated from 4-10, with the possible exception of Harlan Co., and they seem to have hit the skids, who have proven much so far.

LOL
Who has Pulaski County played?
HG_Bullfrogs Wrote:LOL
Who has Pulaski County played?

They have played a much tougher schedule than teams such as North Laurel, Corbin and Williamsburg.
I'm telling y'all Williamsburg is loaded now that all of our player are playing. :Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave:
Go Big Red! Wrote:1) Belfry
2) Johnson Central
3) Pulaski Co
4) Corbin
5) North Laurel
6) Harlan Co
7) Pikeville
8) Hazard
9) Middlesboro
10) Williamsburg

Looks like it was a short stay for the bobcats, really surprised at how Wayne handled them fri night. Hello to the burg welcome back! Harlan co seems to keep sliding down the ranks, they have surprised me also would have thought they would have maybe lost one game by the end of September not 3. Guess that's why we play the games. Hope Corbin holds strong this week it's going to be a tuff one @ Wayne for their homecoming.

Good Luck to ALL the mountain teams this week & GO BIG RED!!

Your rankings are very close to Maxpreps rankings for these teams. Here is how they would rank the Mtn. top 10:

1. Pulaski Co.
2. Belfry
3. Johnson Central
4. Corbin
5. North Laurel
6. Harlan Co.
7. Pikeville
8. Williamsburg
9. Somerset
10. Hazard

I have to disagree with both Williamsburg and Somerset, especially Williamsburg. I believe Williamsburg will make it to the state semifinals, and possibly to Bowling Green.

Your wrong about Williamsburg and somerset even if Corbin lose to Wayne county they will still make my top 10 list next week.:lmao:
PC opponents are a whoping 13 -21 really a tough schedule??? I guess Friday will answer a lot of questions for our Jags, PC, Corbin & Wayne Co. Of the 4 Wayne is the the only one with any proof yet. Everybody is down on Harlan Co, but what about what they have done in the last few years. I know that don't count for right now but let's see what the rest of the year has for them. I'm sure nobody will want to hear "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" on the speakers come play offs!! Most teams would give anything to have accomplished what they have!!
TouchdownJaguars Wrote:PC opponents are a whoping 13 -21 really a tough schedule??? I guess Friday will answer a lot of questions for our Jags, PC, Corbin & Wayne Co. Of the 4 Wayne is the the only one with any proof yet. Everybody is down on Harlan Co, but what about what they have done in the last few years. I know that don't count for right now but let's see what the rest of the year has for them. I'm sure nobody will want to hear "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" on the speakers come play offs!! Most teams would give anything to have accomplished what they have!!

Harlan county will be back on top in 4A in the east an my top 4 soon Confusedhh: Confusedhh: Confusedhh:
Corbin has 1 win since being moved to 3A against a team with a winning record for the season.
TouchdownJaguars Wrote:PC opponents are a whoping 13 -21 really a tough schedule??? I guess Friday will answer a lot of questions for our Jags, PC, Corbin & Wayne Co. Of the 4 Wayne is the the only one with any proof yet. Everybody is down on Harlan Co, but what about what they have done in the last few years. I know that don't count for right now but let's see what the rest of the year has for them. I'm sure nobody will want to hear "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" on the speakers come play offs!! Most teams would give anything to have accomplished what they have!!

E's Army Wrote:Corbin has 1 win since being moved to 3A against a team with a winning record for the season.

:what:
E's Army Wrote:Corbin has 1 win since being moved to 3A against a team with a winning record for the season.

WOW!!!! I know we've not been very good, but that hurts.
Redhounds, let's go get number 2 this Friday at Wayne Co.
Old Redhound Wrote:Redhounds, let's go get number 2 this Friday at Wayne Co.

just remember Wayne co is 3A :HitWall: :HitWall: :Cheerlead
Who cares what Corbin has done in 3a since moving up? We had the Jewell show the last three years!! If you haven't seen them play the last couple weeks come watch and let us know what you think about halftime? These boys are for real!! D is straight up NASTY!!! Their offense has morphed into a 5 headed monster Coppick will rock u to sleep, then Waddle will blow by ya, Powers will run you over, Jackson will slip across the middle on a slant and take it to the house!! Then when you think that's all they got here comes Nantz of tackle for another REDHOUND TOUCHDOWN!!!!

Don't be haters root on a local school and see if someone around here can get a title!! 5-0 it's been a long time if we can get #6 I think 7,8,9, & 10 will come. If we can't get the job done then let's go jaguars, Williamsburg, somerset, Belfry, middlesboro, Harlan Co, pikeville, Johnson Central, or whoever!!! Good luck to all the mountain teams!!

GO BIG RED!!!
Pages: 1 2