Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Real Mountain Top 10 (week of 10/4)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This suppose to be about the mountain top ten anyway!! There is a Corbin @ Wayne post out their tho!!
HC has played the toughest schedul in the mts! Dont forget them! They will be ready for Pulaski Co!
SEKYFAN Wrote:They have played a much tougher schedule than teams such as North Laurel, Corbin and Williamsburg.

Hahahaha
Almost choked on dinner.
Have you actually seen Pulaski schedule.
North is better schedule even though that means nothing come Friday. Even North schedule isn't that tough but who are you guys kidding North has no traditional success and PC is hyped every year to be region contenders so they should play a tower schedule little North is just trying to stay on the map. They have gotten the program headed in right direction, sorry they can't be instant success story like PC who has all holdbacks anyway.
64SUR Wrote:1. BELFRY
2. JOHNSON CENTRAL (JOHNSON JUMP UP 1 SPOT)
3. PULASKI CO
4. NORTH LAUREL
5. HARLAN CO
6. WILLIAMSBRUG ( I CAN TAKE THE HEAT)
7. SOMERSET(BETTER TEAM THAN 3-3)
8. CORBIN (WAIT AN SEE AFTER THE WAYNE CO. GAME)
9. PIKEVILLE
10.HAZARD

Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:
64SUR WAKE UP WILLAMSBRUG IS OK NOT GOOD.HAZARD IS A GREAT TEAM WILLIAMSBRUG DOES HAVE GOOD effort. HAZARD IS GOING TO BOWLING GREEN.:1:Confusedinglepar:baldbull::glassjoe::baldbull::glassjoe:

64SUR Wrote:

They actually have 2 wins, which is not good, but they would not have won in 2A the past 2 years either. I think Corbin could have made it to the championship game a couple of times back around the period from 2007 - 2010 if they would have been in 3A instead of 2A.
SEKYFAN Wrote:

They actually have 2 wins, which is not good, but they would not have won in 2A the past 2 years either. I think Corbin could have made it to the championship game a couple of times back around the period from 2007 - 2010 if they would have been in 3A instead of 2A.

Disagree

2007- They would not have been able to stay within 4 TD's of Belfry in the post season..heck Belfry beat them 21-0 in a game that wasn't even that close (think Corbin had 30 total yards) . Belfry also destroyed a Somerset team Corbin had to defeat in a shootout.

2008- Don't let Belfry's upset loss to Breathitt fool you.. they were very good.. almost as good as 2007. They beat a Pikeville team who played Corbin to the last possession by 42. Don't think Corbin would have stayed within 3 TD's of them.

2009- Highly doubtful... Belfry was the downest they have been but even then they were about an equal to Corbin. Don't think Corbin would have been able to beat Somerset who was probably 2-3 TD's better than Corbin

2010- I could see your argument... Belfry was in a bridge year and got red hot in the post season to win the East. Somerset had a much better resume than Corbin that year prior to losing to Belfry.. but I will give you that one. If nothing else Belfry lost to a Pburg team that Corbin handled easily at the end of the year.
SEKYFAN Wrote:

Negative ghostrider...that pattern is full....not one of those years would they have made it to the finals.
Go Big Red! Wrote:Who cares what Corbin has done in 3a since moving up? We had the Jewell show the last three years!! If you haven't seen them play the last couple weeks come watch and let us know what you think about halftime? These boys are for real!! D is straight up NASTY!!! Their offense has morphed into a 5 headed monster Coppick will rock u to sleep, then Waddle will blow by ya, Powers will run you over, Jackson will slip across the middle on a slant and take it to the house!! Then when you think that's all they got here comes Nantz of tackle for another REDHOUND TOUCHDOWN!!!!

Don't be haters root on a local school and see if someone around here can get a title!! 5-0 it's been a long time if we can get #6 I think 7,8,9, & 10 will come. If we can't get the job done then let's go jaguars, Williamsburg, somerset, Belfry, middlesboro, Harlan Co, pikeville, Johnson Central, or whoever!!! Good luck to all the mountain teams!!

GO BIG RED!!!

Kind of makes you wonder how many wins ole Steve sacrificed to put his boys in the spotlight.
If this year is any indication, then i would say A LOT.
HG_Bullfrogs Wrote:Hahahaha
Almost choked on dinner.
Have you actually seen Pulaski schedule.
North is better schedule even though that means nothing come Friday. Even North schedule isn't that tough but who are you guys kidding North has no traditional success and PC is hyped every year to be region contenders so they should play a tower schedule little North is just trying to stay on the map. They have gotten the program headed in right direction, sorry they can't be instant success story like PC who has all holdbacks anyway.
When you treat a bad football team like a bad football team, that "easy" schedule means nothing. Worst game PC played all season, they came out and scored 40 in the 2nd half on their way to scoring 60. As far as the hold back comment, seriously are we still crying about this? Fixate much? This is high school VARSITY football. They are all the same age. Somebody should call out Cleveland, I think Brandon Weedon was a hold back...:biglmao:
E's Army Wrote:Corbin has 1 win since being moved to 3A against a team with a winning record for the season.

"SHOCKER":wtf1:
Go Big Red! Wrote:Who cares what Corbin has done in 3a since moving up? We had the Jewell show the last three years!! If you haven't seen them play the last couple weeks come watch and let us know what you think about halftime? These boys are for real!! D is straight up NASTY!!! Their offense has morphed into a 5 headed monster Coppick will rock u to sleep, then Waddle will blow by ya, Powers will run you over, Jackson will slip across the middle on a slant and take it to the house!! Then when you think that's all they got here comes Nantz of tackle for another REDHOUND TOUCHDOWN!!!!

Don't be haters root on a local school and see if someone around here can get a title!! 5-0 it's been a long time if we can get #6 I think 7,8,9, & 10 will come. If we can't get the job done then let's go jaguars, Williamsburg, somerset, Belfry, middlesboro, Harlan Co, pikeville, Johnson Central, or whoever!!! Good luck to all the mountain teams!!

GO BIG RED!!!

yeah and you are going to get the Jewell show again, daddys freshman son is the 3rd leading rusher on this team and playing in every game, freshmen usually don't get much playing time at corbin :eyeroll:
RoShamBo Wrote:You haven't seen what Somerset has yet, because no one has. They've only played one game with their best player, a blowout over a top 5 team in 2A, and they haven't played a single game where at least two significant starters haven't been out.

May u all need to call JC and schedule a game next year!!:Thumbs:
1. Johnson Central
2. Belfry
3. Pulaski
4. Corbin
5. Harlan
6. N. Laurel
7. Pikeville
8. Lawrence
9. Williamsburg
10. Middlesboro/Hazard
1/4bak Wrote:yeah and you are going to get the Jewell show again, daddys freshman son is the 3rd leading rusher on this team and playing in every game, freshmen usually don't get much playing time at corbin :eyeroll:

Corbin has 6 freshman RB's who have carried the ball in varsity games, with 3 getting a lot of playing time due to 4 of the 5 games being blowouts. Two of the three have 120+ yards rushing with the other(Jewell) has 130 yds. Only time will tell when the 2015 season rolls around who will get the most carries, not really worried about that right now.
E's Army Wrote:Corbin has 1 win since being moved to 3A against a team with a winning record for the season.

Guess how many wins Williamsburg has against teams with a winning record for the season during the past two seasons? They have 1, which is less than Corbin's 2.

Isn't there a saying that says something about those living in glass houses throwing stones?:thatsfunn
SEKYFAN Wrote:Guess how many wins Williamsburg has against teams with a winning record for the season during the past two seasons? They have 1, which is less than Corbin's 2.

Isn't there a saying that says something about those living in glass houses throwing stones?:thatsfunn

SEKYFAN you are having flashback in your younger days.I just went back an counted atleasts 6 wins with winning record your glass house just got crack :lmao: truth will set you free don't try t@&t Confusednicker:

64SUR Wrote:SEKYFAN you are having flashback in your younger days.I just went back an counted atleasts 6 wins with winning record your glass house just got crack truth will set you free don't try t@&t

Name them. I will help you with the first one.

1. Harlan - 2011
SEKYFAN Wrote:

Name them. I will help you with the first one.

1. Harlan - 2011

2.Leslie county was 9-3 in 2011 and disrict champs Burg 36-34
3.Pike County Central 2013 is 3-2

:biglmao: well please post the rest of those winning teams Corbin has beaten, i stayed up all night to figure:blondetea this one out:1:Confusedmoke:
now it's time for some:zzz::blonde: the score is 3-1 by the way I didn't count those 3 teams that were 500% cant say they were loser or winners
Are we really trying to compare Corbin and Williamsburg? That's not even worth waisting my breath!! Pride and tradition in Corbin runs way too deep for this to be a valid argument!!
64SUR Wrote:2.Leslie county was 9-3 in 2011 and disrict champs Burg 36-34
3.Pike County Central 2013 is 3-2

:biglmao: well please post the rest of those winning teams Corbin has beaten, i stayed up all night to figure:blondetea this one out:1:Confusedmoke:
now it's time for some:zzz::blonde: the score is 3-1 by the way I didn't count those 3 teams that were 500% cant say they were loser or winners

I missed on Leslie County, didn't realize they had any winning seasons lately. Pike Central doesn't count, since it was over the past 2 full seasons(2011-2012).

Corbin's 2 wins were against Harlan and Wayne County.
SEKYFAN Wrote:I missed on Leslie County, didn't realize they had any winning seasons lately. Pike Central doesn't count, since it was over the past 2 full seasons(2011-2012).

Corbin's 2 wins were against Harlan and Wayne County.

Why does Pike Central not count? Because Corbin doesn't have a win over a team that has a winning record in 2013 as well?

Pike Central is by no means a strong team...but they have a winning record despite having a tougher schedule than Corbin.

Pike Central has posted a winning record every year since the 2009 season and truth be told has been a stronger 3A program than Corbin until this season.

Williamsburg should definitely be able to tout that victory when making an argument because in all actuality that win is better than either of the Corbin victories you eluded to.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Why does Pike Central not count? Because Corbin doesn't have a win over a team that has a winning record in 2013 as well?

Pike Central is by no means a strong team...but they have a winning record despite having a tougher schedule than Corbin.

Pike Central has posted a winning record every year since the 2009 season and truth be told has been a stronger 3A program than Corbin until this season.

Williamsburg should definitely be able to tout that victory when making an argument because in all actuality that win is better than either of the Corbin victories you eluded to.

E's Army stated that Corbin had 0 wins vs. teams with a winning record at the end of the season going back to the 2011 season. Pike Central does not have a winning record at the end of this season, that is unless the season is over and I didn't realize it. I thought it was ironic that he was cutting down Corbin when his team, Williamsburg, had the same number of wins over the same time period, using the same stipulations that he used. 64 claimed that W'burg had 6 wins, when in reality they only had 2.

Also, I seriously doubt that Pike Central is better than the Wayne Co. team that Corbin beat or that any of the 3 teams that Pike Central has beaten could defeat Southwestern or Danville, or maybe even Perry Central.
SEKYFAN Wrote:E's Army stated that Corbin had 0 wins vs. teams with a winning record at the end of the season going back to the 2011 season. Pike Central does not have a winning record at the end of this season, that is unless the season is over and I didn't realize it. I thought it was ironic that he was cutting down Corbin when his team, Williamsburg, had the same number of wins over the same time period, using the same stipulations that he used. 64 claimed that W'burg had 6 wins, when in reality they only had 2.

Also, I seriously doubt that Pike Central is better than the Wayne Co. team that Corbin beat or that any of the 3 teams that Pike Central has beaten could defeat Southwestern or Danville, or maybe even Perry Central.

O.K. SEKYFAN i just woke from my napConfusedleep:with:blonde:and had a Confusedmoke: then i started to think about this and finally figured I was a whole lot smarter than you. so here you go genuis
Leslie County 9-3 and district winners in 2011
Allen Central 6-5
Campbellsville 7-5
Harlan 6-5
Harlan 2 x 6-6 in 2012 they didn't have a losing record
Pick Central 3-2 in 2013
the way I figure we have 5 to 7 wins[B] PLEASE LIST ALL THOSE WINNING TEAMS CORBIN HAS BEATEN oh I'M SORRY YOU HAVE ALREADY LIST THOSE 2[/B]:kneel::kneel:Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:O.K. SEKYFAN i just woke from my napConfusedleep:with:blonde:and had a Confusedmoke: then i started to think about this and finally figured I was a whole lot smarter than you. so here you go genuis
Leslie County 9-3 and district winners in 2011
Allen Central 6-5
Campbellsville 7-5
Harlan 6-5
Harlan 2 x 6-6 in 2012 they didn't have a losing record
Pick Central 3-2 in 2013
the way I figure we have 5 to 7 wins[B] PLEASE LIST ALL THOSE WINNING TEAMS CORBIN HAS BEATEN oh I'M SORRY YOU HAVE ALREADY LIST THOSE 2[/B]:kneel::kneel:Confusednicker:

I'm going to see if Billy Dobber will get you a calculator for Christmas.:Thumbs:
dns Wrote:May u all need to call JC and schedule a game next year!!:Thumbs:

I wouldn't mind to see that on the schedule but that is a long way to travel for one of us. We already have to make the trip back up to Pikeville for the PCB again next year.
Pages: 1 2