Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tates Creek @ Dixie Heights - 10/4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dixie's Drew Moore has been impressive this season
36/76 619 5 tds. passing Before last Friday with another 47 atts 320 yds 4tds.

I'd say there Big O-Line dominates this game and Dixie wins by 21.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Dixie's Drew Moore has been impressive this season
36/76 619 5 tds. passing Before last Friday with another 47 atts 320 yds 4tds.

I'd say there Big O-Line dominates this game and Dixie wins by 21.

Tates Creek is not as good as their record indicate. " Undecided " will beg to differ, but as you can see, they struggled agains Dunbar, lost to a much athletic squads ie. Henry Clay and Station. If Dixie has athletes like Clay or Station, Dixie wins!!
Tates Creek lost to Top 10 Henry Clay by 1 score.
Tates Creek lost to Another very good Bryan Station Team by 10 and was roaring down the stretch ran out of time.
Tates Creek beat Dunbar in a tough City game against a Team I told folks was much better than people gave them credit for. Standing at 4-2 themselves.
How would Creek "not be as good as their record"??? I dont grasp that perspective. They have battled 2 very good teams to the wire. Won another tough game against a good opponent. And crushed the lesser ranked teams as they were supposed to.
They are exactly as good as their record indicates. A team that turned a program that won 4 games and 3 games respectively over the last 2 years. They are the favorite in their district and I cant imagine them losing from what I have seen (strage things could happen) the final 3 games of the year placing them no worse than 7-3 and hosting a 4 seed in the playoffs. Tates Creek is a very solid team that is still figuring out how to win close games.
Oh they also scrimmaged Boyle County, who is a very quality team, to a 31-28 score.
Undecided
How is tates creeks D-Line this season. I have only seen a half of there game (so not enough to judge) how is there size and depth.
Definitely looking forward to another great game. Dixie looks the part of a Top 10 Team. Big, Strong, and fast. All the recipe for a good team. GReat QB, and Very nice Tight End and Backs. Definitely will pose a stiff test for Creek.

Creek really found its footing against Station in the 2nd half and was rocking and rolling with all types of momentum coming into this one. Scoring 29 Straight points and running out of time. Creek's issue has been not being able to establish enough of a running game to give time to their passing game. IMO, Creek would be better served operating like Texas Tech and passing to set up the run IMO. Graham Gordon has thrown for 1250 Yards and 14 tds and Creek has multiple options at receiver. Both Taylor and Dunn at receiver have over 350 yards recieving and 10 TDs between them. They cause major problems for High School Secondaries....
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Undecided
How is tates creeks D-Line this season. I have only seen a half of there game (so not enough to judge) how is there size and depth.

TNT---The D Line is of Good Size and actually makes a lot of plays. Creek gets good pressure on QBs and makes a lot of sacks and behind the LOS tackles THIS SEASON. They are a huge reason to Creeks good start to the season.

#18 Taiwan Hart---6'4 230lb. DE---Big Physical presence, makes lots of plays
#63 Deion Webb---6'3 300 lbs.---Max Preps 1st Team All State plays OL/DL
#50 Jacob Czarnecki--6"0 200 lb. Not as big, but ALL motor, makes all types of plays....
#70 Clint Boyte---5'11 230 lbs.----All over the field from the DL position.
#65 Jovan Blackburn 6'0 245 lbs.---Very Good Lineman both sides of the ball.
UNDECIDED Wrote:Tates Creek lost to Top 10 Henry Clay by 1 score.
Tates Creek lost to Another very good Bryan Station Team by 10 and was roaring down the stretch ran out of time.
Tates Creek beat Dunbar in a tough City game against a Team I told folks was much better than people gave them credit for. Standing at 4-2 themselves.
How would Creek "not be as good as their record"??? I dont grasp that perspective. They have battled 2 very good teams to the wire. Won another tough game against a good opponent. And crushed the lesser ranked teams as they were supposed to.

Again your wins are vs Rowan Co ( not a good squad ) Perry Co ( not a very good squad ) and squeek by an extra point to PLD. Who's your other win? I forgot. My point is yes you win against scappy teams but can't against a more ATHLETIC teams ie Station and Clay. Sorry no morale victories here sir by barely losing games. Your district does stink this season but at 1-4 Lafayette is no push over. Nelson # 23 left, right, up the middle, punt return and specially kick off return. I beleive he has return 3-5 KO's. Might want to watch out. Oh by the way, you never answered me. How were you able to Watch Lex Cath vs Station on the same evening as Creek playing at home on the same night.
And TNT. I think that for the 1st time in several years, Creek has been able to platoon more of the players on the line. There are players that play on both sides of the ball but you have quality depth at the Line position. Finishing the play after causing initial pressure has been this groups challenge.
FBfan4life Wrote:Again your wins are vs Rowan Co ( not a good squad ) Perry Co ( not a very good squad ) and squeek by an extra point to PLD. Who's your other win? I forgot. My point is yes you win against scappy teams but can't against a more ATHLETIC teams ie Station and Clay. Sorry no morale victories here sir by barely losing games. Your district does stink this season but at 1-4 Lafayette is no push over. Nelson # 23 left, right, up the middle, punt return and specially kick off return. I beleive he has return 3-5 KO's. Might want to watch out. Oh by the way, you never answered me. How were you able to Watch Lex Cath vs Station on the same evening as Creek playing at home on the same night.

Actually i did answer your question as did several others in the thread. I dont do Internet Tough guy routines. These are kids not college or pros so I dont worry about peoples perceived conceptions on what is good and what isnt. You throw a statement out about "not as good as their record", I simply showed you Tangible proof that makes that statement moot.

So you discredit a close win against Dunbar, then on the back side say no moral victories for playing close in the losses. SMH. Lmao. Which is it???
Creek 4-2 and will finish no worse than 7-3 and will win the district and host the playoffs against Teams Creek has either beaten already or played close with, I like Creek's chances to make some noise. Carry on your agenda though.
Try using HUDL to watch games that you cannot attend physically. I can link most any game if you need help viewing other games that you may not be able to attend. If youd like I can email you links to games. Just let me know which ones youd like to view.
Always pick northern Kentucky teams against Fayette County teams. Dixie by 7.
UNDECIDED Wrote:Actually i did answer your question as did several others in the thread. I dont do Internet Tough guy routines. These are kids not college or pros so I dont worry about peoples perceived conceptions on what is good and what isnt. You throw a statement out about "not as good as their record", I simply showed you Tangible proof that makes that statement moot.

So you discredit a close win against Dunbar, then on the back side say no moral victories for playing close in the losses. SMH. Lmao. Which is it???
Creek 4-2 and will finish no worse than 7-3 and will win the district and host the playoffs against Teams Creek has either beaten already or played close with, I like Creek's chances to make some noise. Carry on your agenda though.

OK
E's Army Wrote:Always pick northern Kentucky teams against Fayette County teams. Dixie by 7.

Typically a safe pick.
A big test for Dixie whose Kool Aid, I'm not completely drinking yet. Team with the least turnovers wins this one.

Dixies depth is a clear weakness. Dixie got in a track meet last year with Henry Clay and lost due to poor DB play. They've addressed the DB weakness, still struggle with depth. If Dixie wins I'll drink a pint of Colonel Kool Aid. If not, no worries, Coach Brossart and staff will use it for motivation to prep the boys better for district play!

I agree with E's Army on the Dixie by 7, if they win the turnover battle, if not TC by the same margin.
Dixie 28-21.
Spirit100 Wrote:A big test for Dixie whose Kool Aid, I'm not completely drinking yet. Team with the least turnovers wins this one.

Dixies depth is a clear weakness. Dixie got in a track meet last year with Henry Clay and lost due to poor DB play. They've addressed the DB weakness, still struggle with depth. If Dixie wins I'll drink a pint of Colonel Kool Aid. If not, no worries, Coach Brossart and staff will use it for motivation to prep the boys better for district play!

I agree with E's Army on the Dixie by 7, if they win the turnover battle, if not TC by the same margin.

Spirit I think your assessment is SPOT ON. And Hop, I could see that very score either way. I think your on it as well. This should be a very good game.
[quote=UNDECIDED]Definitely looking forward to another great game. Dixie looks the part of a Top 10 Team. Big, Strong, and fast. All the recipe for a good team. GReat QB, and Very nice Tight End and Backs. Definitely will pose a stiff test for Creek.

Creek really found its footing against Station in the 2nd half and was rocking and rolling with all types of momentum coming into this one. Scoring 29 Straight points and running out of time. Creek's issue has been not being able to establish enough of a running game to give time to their passing game. IMO, Creek would be better served operating like Texas Tech and passing to set up the run IMO. Graham Gordon has thrown for 1250 Yards and 14 tds and Creek has multiple options at receiver. Both Taylor and Dunn at receiver have over 350 yards recieving and 10 TDs between them. They cause major problems for High School Secondaries....[/QUOTE

Dixies defense is the reason there on a roll. Dixie has one of the best o lines in nky. both tackels are most likely top 5 and tight end is top 2 in nky. Drew Mooremay be the fastest qb in NKY.
UNDECIDED Wrote:Spirit I think your assessment is SPOT ON. And Hop, I could see that very score either way. I think your on it as well. This should be a very good game.

Hard game to pick.
hop24 Wrote:Hard game to pick.

I agree. 100%. If give the edge to Dixie at home. But Creek is such a gritty group. Will be fun.
The problem Tates Creek had in the Bryan Station game, is that they were completely overwhelmed by Stations speed. From the D line to the backs and receivers, Station was faster than Creek across the board. Creeks center couldn't seem to get a decent snap to the QB, and by the time Gordon could recover, Stations Line was all over him. Once they got the snap down in the second half they seemed alright. I can't imagine Dixie having the speed that Station does, which should make for a better match up. I think this is a statement game for Creek.
Station was very fast for sure.
Just found out that Jake Ryan (the punter and back up QB with 59 passing yards this season) will be starting this game at QB. Gordon may get in the game later (maybe the 3rd series). I was given no reason for the change... Dixie Heights will blow this team out of the water with Gordon on the sidelines. The Creek coaching staff must be borderline morons... Good luck to the Commodores, this group of very talented kids deserve better leadership from their coaching staff. I don't know... I'm very confused... Maybe Harmon wants to lose this game... Crazy...
^ Was it possibly a discipline decision?
I'll share a full report tomorrow morning. I'll be a witness to this "battle" tonight.
hop24 Wrote:^ Was it possibly a discipline decision?
No... It really makes no sense to me. Same reason they didn't start him against Dunbar and rotated every couple of series (which almost cost them the game). Crazy... just crazy...
No... It really makes no sense to me. Same reason they didn't start him against Dunbar and rotated every couple of series (which almost cost them the game). Crazy... just crazy...
UNDECIDED Wrote:I agree. 100%. If give the edge to Dixie at home. But Creek is such a gritty group. Will be fun.

I went with Dixie to win because of home field advantage. I agree it is a tough game to pick; I picked TC initially and then changed my pick to Dixie due to home field.
Pages: 1 2