Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bluegrassrivals.com Rankings 9/23/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Class A

1. Mayfield
2. Russellville
3. Beechwood
4. Raceland
5. Fairview
6. Pikeville
7. Hazard
8. Williamsburg
9. Frankfort
10. Paintsville

Class AA

1. Caldwell County
2. DeSales
3. Newport Central Catholic
4. Bardstown
5. Christian Acad. of Louisville
6. Middlesboro
7. Somerset
8. Glasgow
9. Owensboro Catholic
10. Ballard Memorial
Class AAA

1. Belfry
2. Central
3. Wayne Co
4. Bourbon Co
5. South Warren
6. Corbin
7. Paducah Tilghman
8. Ft Campbell
9. Mason County
10. Bell County

Class AAAA

1. Highlands
2. Boyle County
3. Lex Cath
4. Johnson Central
5. Collins
6. Cov Cath
7. Owensboro
8. Holmes
9. Nelson County
10.Russell County

Class AAAAA

1. Bowling Green
2. Conner
3. Pulaski County
4. John Hardin
5. Anderson County
6. Harlan County
7. Franklin County
8. Cooper
9. Madison Southern
10.North Laurel

Class AAAAAA

1. Scott County
2. Trinity
3. St. Xavier
4. Male
5. Simon Kenton
6. Manual
7. Henry Clay
8. Butler
9. Ballard
10. Henderson County
I believe your 6A ratings are a bit optimistic for the government schools.. Trinity is still number one with St. Xavier likely number two.
I still think Trinity is the No 1 6A school. But it is what it is. I lnow the Criteria you all use and a loss is a loss. 2 A looks spot on with CC playing some of the best football they have in years. Belfry is a scary team because of their success has come from te hands of under classmen for the most part. If they run the table and win the whole thing this year, they very well may do so for the next 3. 4 and 5A are really No Brainers. Theres Bg and theres Highlands, everyone else fall i line.

Single A is how I would have it as well. Eve though Beechwood beat a solid 5A squad, I just think Russellville is primed to shake things up in the west. Raceland made a statement, even though they beat a winless team, Ohio football is a different game than high school ball in ky. Especially in the smaller schools. Raceland started the year off with a test in Ashland(much better than everyone anticipated), then had some cake teams over the last few weeks. The Coal Grove game pushed the kids into another 4 quarters of football. In 5 games they have had to go the distance twice. They may very well have to do so against Lawrence Co and Paintsville(both teams have garnered success this season) and will most certainly do so against Fairview and possibly Ironton. This will pay dividends by playiff time. Raceland is slowly turning me into a believer. But before I buy all in, they are goina have to bring the district trophy back to RWHS, at the least.

My hopes are to see a Russellville/Raceland state championship. Its a long shot i know but a game I would love to see.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I believe your 6A ratings are a bit optimistic for the government schools.. Trinity is still number one with St. Xavier likely number two.

I don't agree. Trinity has done nothing to prove themselves this year. Scott Co. has been dominating anything that walks on the field with the. I will also add that those two are_________ ( Fill in your own blank)
I do not understand why you are keeping Collins at #5 in 4A. IF a loss is a loss, the LC should move down the list. Highlands/Boyle 1/2 but I would have Collins at 3.
Tommy2tone Wrote:I don't agree. Trinity has done nothing to prove themselves this year. Scott Co. has been dominating anything that walks on the field with the. I will also add that those two are_________ ( Fill in your own blank)

But who have Scott Co played that would indicate them to be a top rank team? At least I can say that Trinity and/ or Saint X have played and lost to powerhouse Ky and Ohio schools.
Tommy2tone Wrote:I do not understand why you are keeping Collins at #5 in 4A. IF a loss is a loss, the LC should move down the list. Highlands/Boyle 1/2 but I would have Collins at 3.

Again... who has Collins played/ beat to earn a top spot. I can vouch for lex Cath having played Saint X and Bowling Green. Highlands has played/ beat a Florida powerhouse.
FBfan4life Wrote:But who have Scott Co played that would indicate them to be a top rank team? At least I can say that Trinity and/ or Saint X have played and lost to powerhouse Ky and Ohio schools.

Do you think Trinity is as good as the 2012 edition?
Do you think Scott County is as good as their 2012 edition?

The fact remains Scott County proved last year that they have closed the gap in 6A.. I think almost anyone will agree that this year it is clear Trinity has taken a little bit more of a step back, whereas Scott County has appeared to take a slight step forward.
FBfan4life Wrote:Again... who has Collins played/ beat to earn a top spot. I can vouch for lex Cath having played Saint X and Bowling Green. Highlands has played/ beat a Florida powerhouse.

Lost to 6A #5 Simon Kenton on last second FG. Beat 6A#9 Ballard. I guess it would take Hefty Lefty the Lafayette fan to tell us. Collins dominated them in scrimage and LC beat them by 20.
FBfan4life Wrote:Again... who has Collins played/ beat to earn a top spot. I can vouch for lex Cath having played Saint X and Bowling Green. Highlands has played/ beat a Florida powerhouse.

They are a 2A powerhouse in Florida, but far from a state powerhouse. They aren't even a top 50 team in the state of Florida.
John Hardin is the 2nd best team in 5A and the only team IMO that even has a chance to beat Bowling Green.
Tommy2tone Wrote:I do not understand why you are keeping Collins at #5 in 4A. IF a loss is a loss, the LC should move down the list. Highlands/Boyle 1/2 but I would have Collins at 3.

I would put Highlands followed by JC, Lex Cath, Boyle, Cov Cath (will find out this week how much rash of injuries is going to hurt them), and then Collins. So I do not understand why they keep Collins at #5 either, I think they should be at #6.Confusednicker:
RoShamBo Wrote:They are a 2A powerhouse in Florida, but far from a state powerhouse. They aren't even a top 50 team in the state of Florida.

Yeah it's Florida and yeah it's 2A. There 2A is equavalent to our/ Ky 6A Confusednicker:
Tommy2tone Wrote:Lost to 6A #5 Simon Kenton on last second FG. Beat 6A#9 Ballard. I guess it would take Hefty Lefty the Lafayette fan to tell us. Collins dominated them in scrimage and LC beat them by 20.

What? Hefty Lefty?? Like Jared Lorenzen?
FBfan4life Wrote:Yeah it's Florida and yeah it's 2A. There 2A is equavalent to our/ Ky 6A Confusednicker:

No it isn't - Florida 2a consists of schools with below something like 275 students enrolled.

To put in perspective Mayfield (1a) usually has around 400 kids enrolled.

Talent wise they are probably the best 2a team in Florida, but do you think Caldwell County could beat Highlands?
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:No it isn't - Florida 2a consists of schools with below something like 275 students enrolled.

To put in perspective Mayfield (1a) usually has around 400 kids enrolled.

Talent wise they are probably the best 2a team in Florida, but do you think Caldwell County could beat Highlands?

In addition, didn't University Christian lose something like 8 or 9 starters on each side of the ball off last year's team?

Supposedly they lost almost every starter yet had some unheard of number of new transfers added to their roster.
Trinity is #1 in 6a until someone in Kentucky proves different.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:In addition, didn't University Christian lose something like 8 or 9 starters on each side of the ball off last year's team?

Supposedly they lost almost every starter yet had some unheard of number of new transfers added to their roster.

UC had way too many players going both ways to beat Highlands. They wore down fairly quickly. There is quite a few Ky. schools theat would have handled them. The game was way over hyped to begin with IMO. "Some people were calling it Ky. VRS Fla. Confusednicker:
hop24 Wrote:UC had way too many players going both ways to beat Highlands. They wore down fairly quickly. There is quite a few Ky. schools theat would have handled them. The game was way over hyped to begin with IMO. "Some people were calling it Ky. VRS Fla. Confusednicker:

I'm with this guy.
sstack, why the snicker Confusednicker:at Collins being #5?
hoss403 Wrote:John Hardin is the 2nd best team in 5A and the only team IMO that even has a chance to beat Bowling Green.

The same John Hardin that got handled by DeSales?

I ain't buying that. In fact, I'm gonna give u a....C'mon man!
hop24 Wrote:UC had way too many players going both ways to beat Highlands. They wore down fairly quickly. There is quite a few Ky. schools theat would have handled them. The game was way over hyped to begin with IMO. "Some people were calling it Ky. VRS Fla. Confusednicker:

Yeah I watched that one on tv. UC had the talent to play with Highlands for a little while but once H started to find their feet their depth killed UC. The way Highlands was platooning receivers in that game would've been too much for a lot of secondaries.
RoShamBo Wrote:Yeah I watched that one on tv. UC had the talent to play with Highlands for a little while but once H started to find their feet their depth killed UC. The way Highlands was platooning receivers in that game would've been too much for a lot of secondaries.

Read today that Highlands has 10 different WR's that scored a TD this year. I made a post in another topic that this is the best receiving core I have ever seen at HHS. their D might not be playing the best right now but teams are not going to be able to stop their offense.
sstack Wrote:Read today that Highlands has 10 different WR's that scored a TD this year. I made a post in another topic that this is the best receiving core I have ever seen at HHS. their D might not be playing the best right now but teams are not going to be able to stop their offense.

This is the reason i dont see JC beating Highlands.
To many weapons on offense to stop, and running the ball 99% of the time will not give them any oppertunities to catch up.
However, the further the year goes on, the more its looking like JC could be Highlands stiffest competetion. Im not sure Boyle has gained enough ground from the past few years to make a difference.
Collins #3 simon k #4
Leonidas Wrote:The same John Hardin that got handled by DeSales?

I ain't buying that. In fact, I'm gonna give u a....C'mon man!

Yes, the same JH team that lost to Desales. The same JH team that lost to Highlands by 7. The same JH team that has the talent to compete with any team in this state not named Trinity, but also has the ability to lose to around 20 different teams in this state. That very inconsistent, yet very talented and athletic team.

And by the way, just curious if you have seen Desales play? If you have, you wouldn't be making your comment because they are a really good team. Better than you and most people here think they are.
hoss403 Wrote:Yes, the same JH team that lost to Desales. The same JH team that lost to Highlands by 7. The same JH team that has the talent to compete with any team in this state not named Trinity, but also has the ability to lose to around 20 different teams in this state. That very inconsistent, yet very talented and athletic team.

And by the way, just curious if you have seen Desales play? If you have, you wouldn't be making your comment because they are a really good team. Better than you and most people here think they are.

I've seen Desales play. They have a good squad. But put 8-9 in the box and see what they do? I don't believe they can throw the ball at all.
I think Lex Cath should be ahead of Boyle until Boyle beats them. Collins should stay 5 at best until they beat somebody on the east side of the bracket ranked in top 5. I think Highlands, Cov Cath, Lex cath, JC and Boyle all beat them. Just my opinion.
Easy to say since Collins won't play anyone on east side until playoffs. And who have lex c, Boyle, cov c, and jc beaten on east side of 4A bracket? The answer is no one. There is nothing to warrant putting these teams ahead of Collins. It's 2013. Only team to play tougher sched so far than Collins is lex cath but u also have to show results Collins probably would have done just as well as lex cat with their sched if not better
Mountaineer Man Wrote:I've seen Desales play. They have a good squad. But put 8-9 in the box and see what they do? I don't believe they can throw the ball at all.

Really? If you don't think Roush can throw the ball, then I really wonder if you have seen us play. Go ahead and stack that line. See how that works out.
Pages: 1 2