Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bluegrassrivals.com Rankings 9/23/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Everyone watch out for Johnson Central. They are ready to make some noise. As for Boyle County/Lexington Catholic, their game is next week so that game will tell us a lot. Lexington Catholic has a potentially tough matchup against Mercer County this week. I am curious to see the final for that one. Also, I would ALMOST switch Covington Catholic and Collins.
[quote=BoyleCounty]Everyone watch out for Johnson Central. They are ready to make some noise. As for Boyle County/Lexington Catholic, their game is next week so that game will tell us a lot. Lexington Catholic has a potentially tough matchup against Mercer County this week. I am curious to see the final for that one. Also, I would ALMOST switch Covington Catholic and Collins.

We will find out more about Cov Cath this week too.
And based on actual 2013 results I would almost switch Collins and lex cath Collins should definitely be ahead of jc and cov cath in rankings because they have played and done better against tougher schedule so far this is reality not some gut feeling
SimpTitan Wrote:And based on actual 2013 results I would almost switch Collins and lex cath Collins should definitely be ahead of jc and cov cath in rankings because they have played and done better against tougher schedule so far this is reality not some gut feeling

Based on what Collins had last year and considering they still have basically the same team back, I would put JC at #2 (I know the first couple of games were not much competition,but they put a hurting on Harlan), and w/o injuries Cov Cath is much better (will find out Sat how much injuries have hurt the team). The thing I feel will continue to hurt Collins is they play one game with good competition with SK and now the rest of season competition is weak and will not give them the best preparation. I do not know how many players Collins will lose for next year, but would love to see them beef up their schedule, it will only make them better IMO.
All due respect to CC and JC, according to the BG rankings right at the top of this feed, Collins has so far fared better against ranked teams than JC and CC. :flame:
SimpTitan Wrote:All due respect to CC and JC, according to the BG rankings right at the top of this feed, Collins has so far fared better against ranked teams than JC and CC. :flame:

In all due respect, JC and CCH have proven to be much tougher games than Collins and until proven otherwise I feel it is going to continue that way. JC and CCH have been Highlands toughest AA competition by far over last 6-7 years. I know Collins is a new school, but did not put up much of a fight last year. Like I said earlier, will find out a lot about CCH this Saturday.
"In all due respect, JC and CCH have proven to be much tougher games than Collins and until proven otherwise I feel it is going to continue that way."

Nope, not so far this year, according to actual facts, Again folks, welcome to 2013. The only thing you are going to find out this weekend is how well CCH fares against Highlands.
SimpTitan Wrote:All due respect to CC and JC, according to the BG rankings right at the top of this feed, Collins has so far fared better against ranked teams than JC and CC. :flame:

To infer that Collins is the better team from this statement is to also infer that Johnson Central would not have performed to the same level had they played the same schedule.

Just because Johnson Central has not played a difficult schedule does not mean they are not an equal or better team, it simply means they have no played a better schedule. If JC struggled with their opponents so far, or Collins played exemplary better than expected, then it may say something. As it stands, JC has beaten two bad teams like a rented mule, and dominated one perceived very good team. That is all you could ask.
"To infer that Collins is the better team from this statement is to also infer that Johnson Central would not have performed to the same level had they played the same schedule."

I never posted that Collins was better than JC or CC or Boyle, etc. I just posted that according this boards rankings, they have fared better against actual ranked teams. If rankings are based on actual results against other ranked teams, then Collins has indeed done, so far, better than JC, CC and, uh oh, dare I post it, and Boyle.
SimpTitan Wrote:"To infer that Collins is the better team from this statement is to also infer that Johnson Central would not have performed to the same level had they played the same schedule."

I never posted that Collins was better than JC or CC or Boyle, etc. I just posted that according this boards rankings, they have fared better against actual ranked teams. If rankings are based on actual results against other ranked teams, then Collins has indeed done, so far, better than JC, CC and, uh oh, dare I post it, and Boyle.

You can post it, but not sure how many will agree with you. I think Collins/Boyle match up might be a good, close, competative game (unless Boyle has improved a lot from last year).
No one agrees withe the rankings logic! It will be settled on the field as well it should!
The whole Trinity debate is legitimate, but losses should not warrant or justify rankings. I completely disagree with putting them at #2, but I understand the logic. But they have lost three games and in this world of rankings, that puts them no higher than #7 or #8 in my book. This is about beating the teams on your schedule. Last year, did anyone doubt that Bama was the best team in the country? They dropped because they lost to A&M, and they deserved to drop.

Does anyone believe they would have been ranked #1 or #2 if they had lost three regular season games? That would be a big fat NO!!! Had Bama lost three, they would have been in the 20's in rankings. Then, had their been a playoff system, they WOULD have ran through their competition and won the title and it would have been legitimate. The Rocks have lost games on THEIR schedule, thus they do not deserve the ranking they have. We all know that because their is a playoff, they will cruise to the title game this year with their only roadblock Scott Co. SC is deserving of the #1 spot until they lose, and they will not lose until they face the Rocks!
Quote:"You can post it, but not sure how many will agree with you. I think Collins/Boyle match up might be a good, close, competative game (unless Boyle has improved a lot from last year)."

Agree with what? That Collins has played a tougher schedule than JC, CC and Boyle so far? If folks can't agree to that, based on the rankings above, then they need to get their heads out of the sand. All those teams, JC, CC and BC may prove to be better teams by year's end, but based on actual results so far, I am saying that there is fair reason to put Collins at #3 ahead of them. Collins has played against two top ten 6A ranked teams and beat one of them. Can JC, CC or BC say that? No. I don't expect many fans of the east bracket to agree with me - Collins will not be a decent team in their minds until they beat Highlands, something else those teams have not done lately.
SimpTitan Wrote:Agree with what? That Collins has played a tougher schedule than JC, CC and Boyle so far? If folks can't agree to that, based on the rankings above, then they need to get their heads out of the sand. All those teams, JC, CC and BC may prove to be better teams by year's end, but based on actual results so far, I am saying that there is fair reason to put Collins at #3 ahead of them. Collins has played against two top ten 6A ranked teams and beat one of them. Can JC, CC or BC say that? No. I don't expect many fans of the east bracket to agree with me - Collins will not be a decent team in their minds until they beat Highlands, something else those teams have not done lately.

I do not think Collins schedule is tougher than CCH; they played Henderson who is a 6A team that has only lost to CCH, and they played Cincinnati Moller who is head and shoulders better than anyone on Collins schedule. I know they beat Cov Cath easily, I am just talking strength of schedule. Collins is one and one against the two top teams on their schedule as is Cov Cath. And you do not have to beat Highlands but just because you were runner ups last year does not automatically make Collins #2 this year; there were at least 5 teams in east better than Collins last year and a good chance it will be the same this year. I do not like to rank teams just on wins and loses because I feel you have to look at strenght of schedule. I would also want to go back and look at Boyle's schedule, I thought they played some good teams already but can't remember without looking. At this point in the season I think you could throw Cov Cath, JC, Lex Cath, Boyle, and Collins anywhere in the 2-6 spots and have a good argument.
"I do not think Collins schedule is tougher than CCH; they played Henderson who is a 6A team that has only lost to CCH, and they played Cincinnati Moller who is head and shoulders better than anyone on Collins schedule. Collins is one and one against the two top teams on their schedule as is Cov Cath. And you do not have to beat Highlands but just because you were runner ups last year does not automatically make Collins #2 this year; there were at least 5 teams in east better than Collins last year and a good chance it will be the same this year."

to my understanding, the BG rankings are based on play against KY teams. Comparing CC's getting beat 45-7 by Cincy Moeller and beating Henderson 18-0 to Collin's losing 23-21 to 6A #5 Simon Kenton and then beating 6A #9 Ballard, well I will let that statement stand on it's own. I guess that means that Collins getting beat last year 47-0 was actually a good thing (according to your reasoning)? And I never posted that Collins should be #2 in 4A- but I will go ahead and say "why not?" Let's open that can of worms. And if there is anyone that keeps bringing up 2012, it's not me, it those fans on the eastern side of the bracket. FIVE teams better than Collins last year? (Notice again, you mentioned last year not me). Again, welcome to 2013.
Here's to a great evening and weekend of injury free football and fun for the fans! May the best team win!
SimpTitan Wrote:"I do not think Collins schedule is tougher than CCH; they played Henderson who is a 6A team that has only lost to CCH, and they played Cincinnati Moller who is head and shoulders better than anyone on Collins schedule. Collins is one and one against the two top teams on their schedule as is Cov Cath. And you do not have to beat Highlands but just because you were runner ups last year does not automatically make Collins #2 this year; there were at least 5 teams in east better than Collins last year and a good chance it will be the same this year."

to my understanding, the BG rankings are based on play against KY teams. Comparing CC's getting beat 45-7 by Cincy Moeller and beating Henderson 18-0 to Collin's losing 23-21 to 6A #5 Simon Kenton and then beating 6A #9 Ballard, well I will let that statement stand on it's own. I guess that means that Collins getting beat last year 47-0 was actually a good thing (according to your reasoning)? And I never posted that Collins should be #2 in 4A- but I will go ahead and say "why not?" Let's open that can of worms. And if there is anyone that keeps bringing up 2012, it's not me, it those fans on the eastern side of the bracket. FIVE teams better than Collins last year? (Notice again, you mentioned last year not me). Again, welcome to 2013.

Not saying getting beat by a superior team is a good thing (all though i think it can help a team more than playing a team that you put a running clock on in the first or second quarter). I was just pointing out the strength of CCH schedule compared to Collins, you where the one who said Collins had a better strenght of schedule which I disagree with. And like I said, there are 5 teams you could put in the 2-6 spots with justifiable reasoning (I think we have both agreed on that). It will be fun to watch it all play out over the next couple of weeks.
SimpTitan Wrote:"I do not think Collins schedule is tougher than CCH; they played Henderson who is a 6A team that has only lost to CCH, and they played Cincinnati Moller who is head and shoulders better than anyone on Collins schedule. Collins is one and one against the two top teams on their schedule as is Cov Cath. And you do not have to beat Highlands but just because you were runner ups last year does not automatically make Collins #2 this year; there were at least 5 teams in east better than Collins last year and a good chance it will be the same this year."

The 4A rankings are not completely based on Win/Loss. The opponent, the score and other factors are taken into account. The attempt is to try to take the 10 best teams in the division and place them in order based on their prior position in the rankings. A team loosing to a better / higher ranked opponent doesn't necessarily mean that they should fall in the rankings. Other factors come into play (the score, the performance of teams ranked under them, etc). Collins has a quality team, but I don't think if they played any of the teams ranked above them 10 times they'd win 5 of those games. It would be some good games to watch though.

I honestly believe sstack has it right: HHS, JC, LC, Boyle, CC, Collins, but since the term "Rankings" is used, you have to take into consideration the prior week(s) ranking. So big jumps or drops aren't likely from week to week. JC is making some heads turn.
Never was talking about strength of schedule overall but what Collins had done in the first four games as compared to JC CC even Boyle I do now think Collins would give highlands a better game than Cc did last night
Collins has a quality team, but I don't think if they played any of the teams ranked above them 10 times they'd win 5 of those games.
Quote:

On what basis? It can't be based on actual 2013 results must be a gut feeling u have? If u still say CC deserves to be ranked ahead of Collins after today's
results then I know it's not based on the performance so far on the field

If Those teams had played better than Collins has so far against ranked teams I would give them their due...they are good teams but there is no good reason based on results so far that Collins should not be 3' 4 or 5
SimpTitan Wrote:Never was talking about strength of schedule overall but what Collins had done in the first four games as compared to JC CC even Boyle I do now think Collins would give highlands a better game than Cc did last night

Highlands/COV CATH played today not last night. I will say I saw a very poor CovCath team out there today and would move Collins ahead of them. I still like JC, LexCath and Boyle ahead of them at this point.
With all due respect jc has won all their games but has not not even beaten a team with a winning record the lc Boyle game will me something hey why not Owensboro instead of jc or collins:1:
I think. Lawrence County should be ranked above Bell County. Based on the season this far.
^
Read the date.
These are last weeks rankings.
This week hasnt been posted yet.
Where is Collins at.
Rating some schools. Does any one think that Harlan County can compete against John Hardin or Bowling Green. Can Johnson Central compete against Boyle County or Collins. Living in Eastern Kentucky we don't get much news from schools in western Kentucky or northern Kentucky.
podunker Wrote:Rating some schools. Does any one think that Harlan County can compete against John Hardin or Bowling Green. Can Johnson Central compete against Boyle County or Collins. Living in Eastern Kentucky we don't get much news from schools in western Kentucky or northern Kentucky.

JC will beat both but they have to beat HHS first, very doable this season I think but not going to be easy.
Quote:JC will beat both but they have to beat HHS first, very doable this season I think but not going to be easy. - See more at: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...BQIAS.dpuf

Wow, just wow. JC needs to beat a team with a winning record before they go tooting their horn about beating Highlands, let alone Boyle and Collins.
Don't Sleep on Wayne County I think they are the most physical 3A team in the state.
IMO SK should easily be 3rd or 4th in 6a.
Pages: 1 2