Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne vs Prestonsburg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
who takes this one

I'm going with BL in a good game 34-24
BL has been rolling up bad teams. First real test. I'll go with BL by 12.
What is up with Prestonsburg this year? Are the low on talent or has an injury bug got them? This isn't a typical Prestonsburg team. Now with Betsy Layne playing them I'm with E's Army...I think this will be a true test. We will see.
Never did i think i would live to see the day i was worried about Prestonsburg playing Betsy Layne in football. Guess what i made it. I have lived that long. I am worried about this game.

I will be back later in the week for a prediction. Need to get updates on injuries.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Never did i think i would live to see the day i was worried about Prestonsburg playing Betsy Layne in football. Guess what i made it. I have lived that long. I am worried about this game.

I will be back later in the week for a prediction. Need to get updates on injuries.

I live in laurel county I will tell you today p'burg 28 Betsy lane 21 :Cheerlead
From the sounds of it....it is get well week for Prestonsburg.
Prestonsburg 34 Betsy Layne 12
I think Coach Parsons is finally coming into a gun fight with Prestonsburg carrying a gun. He has the talent, and I think Betsy Layne wants it more. Prestonsburg wins the district title regularly, something Betsy Layne has never tasted. I think Betsy Layne is ready for their taste. Betsy Layne gets their first win over Pburg since 1986.
BL 27
P-burg 22
The Bobcats have the talent. BL 35-28. Go Bobcats!
The Betsy Lane Bobcats get only there 2nd ever win in the history of the Betsy Lane Prestonsburg series by a TD.
Gut check time for the black cats . They have had a chance to win every game . So get focused and get the win .
Blackcats have lost by a combined of 4 points in there last 3 loses, jarrell is back, every team p burg has played this year has been a better team then betsy layne, the blackcats will take it 35-21
I'm hoping that my battered Blackcats come out with the same heart they've always been known for. This is a game where they can make a statement and shut everyone up. They need to win the toss and put the ball in Frasure's belly and let him grind out a long, time consuming drive. It will show that they want to run and it could also silent a rowdy BL crowd. Good luck to both teams, but GO BLACKCATS!

Blackcats 36
Bobcats 20
The Bobcats have dominated every team they have played. The Blackcats have battled to the bitter end in every game they have played. You could even consider the Pikeville game a 3 point game because P-burg was trying to strip the ball the last four minutes during which Pikeville score twice. So four loses by a total of 7 points.
Home field advantage to the Bobcats. Tradition to the Blackcats. I pick the Blackcats by eight.
The Floyd Co. bowl

P-Burg - 27
Betsy Layne - 21
Betsy Layne gets to show whether they can play with better teams. Prestonsburg ha lost to pretty good teams. Is Betsy Layne for Real?
Betsy Layne has had a great year so far, but their completion hasn’t been strong either.
Prestonsburg should give them a run for their money, but this one being @ Betsy Layne I have to go with home team

Betsy Layne 38
Prestonsburg 31
Heard yesterday J. Reed is out for the year. Big blow to the Blackcats. Good luck with your surgery young man. Praying for 100% recovery.

This kid was just starting to make some noise.
Oh, I HATE to hear about these season ending injuries!! Sure hope he make a 100% recovery!!
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Heard yesterday J. Reed is out for the year. Big blow to the Blackcats. Good luck with your surgery young man. Praying for 100% recovery.

This kid was just starting to make some noise.

Never want to see a kid hurt. Sorry young man, get well soon.
:Thumbs::Thumbs:
There are too many distractions and injuries for the blackcats to overcome this week against Betsy Layne. I like the Bobcats by 1td. Good luck to both teams.
Bobcats by at least 2td's
County Bragging Rights on the line here

Prestonsburg 38
Betsy Layne 34
I look for Betsy Layne to come in determined and ready to pull off a "BIG" county win. I'll say BL-35 Pburg-28
Parson can't get the monkey off his back again this year. Schedule to weak, doesn't prepare the kids for this type atmosphere.

Blackcats 48 - Bobcats 30.
Last Time Betsy Layne beat Prestonsburg (I think the only time) was 1986.
All this hype about Prestonsburg giving Betsy layne a run for their money? Last time I checked Prestonsburg has the money. There still the team to beat in the district.
PHS Coach Wrote:Parson can't get the monkey off his back again this year. Schedule to weak, doesn't prepare the kids for this type atmosphere.

Blackcats 48 - Bobcats 30.

I had mentioned the schedule a couple years ago and got PM's over it.

With the teams BL has had the last couple years you would think the schedule would be beefed up some. I am not saying schedule Belfry or Johnson Central, but maybe Pike Central, Lawrence County, Pikeville, or Middlesboro. Each team brings something different to the field to prepare for the playoffs.

You may not have the 7-9 wins a year, but you will have a battle tested team come playoffs. Coaches and players alike will grow and learn from this type of competition.
I agree Blackcat so why has Prestonsburg not scheduled JC yet? In the past other then this year Prestonsburg could compete with JC... It sucks when we have to bring in people from who knows where to play when we have programs near by that could give us just as good of a game or many times better. I'd love to drop a weak team like Canada or someone and sub you guys in along with Belfry, and hopefully soon Lawrence if they continue to improve.
Pages: 1 2