Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne vs Prestonsburg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Also quick not not trying to cause a problem or start a fight honest question. Just wondering if you knew what the hold up was on ur end. If u don't wanna talk about it on public forum please shoot me a pm... I have always wondered why we didn't play.
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:I agree Blackcat so why has Prestonsburg not scheduled JC yet? In the past other then this year Prestonsburg could compete with JC... It sucks when we have to bring in people from who knows where to play when we have programs near by that could give us just as good of a game or many times better. I'd love to drop a weak team like Canada or someone and sub you guys in along with Belfry, and hopefully soon Lawrence if they continue to improve.

I can not answer as to why Prestonsburg has not scheduled JC. Can you answer why not the opposite? I can say Prestonsburg never has a cupcake schedule. I am not saying JC does either. I myself would have loved to have seen this match up about 3-4 years ago, and several years going back. This year, and probably the last 2, no way in hell. We have a very young team of players still developing into there positions.

I to in the future would love to see this game. I want Belfry back. These type of games exploit your weakness. You know what has to be fixed during the season before playoffs start.
Both teams play very competitive schedules. I don't see either coach avoiding the other, but I don't see this match up being schedule any time soon. P-burg is 1-4 and pretty beat up. At the 2A level one key injury can ruin your season.
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:Also quick not not trying to cause a problem or start a fight honest question. Just wondering if you knew what the hold up was on ur end. If u don't wanna talk about it on public forum please shoot me a pm... I have always wondered why we didn't play.

Our coaching staff is scared to get embarrassed by an excellent, well-coached JC team. (No sarcasm) I'm brutally honest when it comes to my Blackcats. In 2010, this would've been a game of the year candidate though.
Just checked. JCHS plays 3 out of state opponents, 2 5A schools, 4 4A schools and 1 3A school (Belfry) so there are not many small schools on there.
I agree with Mountain Pride that the two previous years would not have been competitive but as this young group at P-burg develops, next year would be one worth watching.
Prestonsburg 36
Betsy Layne 32
Never thought I would say this... but I think this season is the perfect storm. I used to laugh at the notion when over enthusiastic BL fans would talk about how they could beat Pikeville or Pburg.. and rightfully so.

This BL team though is possibly the best to ever come through that school in recent memory..and Pburg is a team who simply is not very good on defense and severely lacking play makers besides Jarrell and Frasure.

I may ask myself "What were you thinking?" tomorrow

Betsy Layne 33
Pburg 26
It may finally be Betsy Layne's turn.
I think the Black Cats win in a close one. Betsy Layne is much improved and have the program going in the right direction but I don't know if they can overcome the history. Believe it or not thats one of the biggest hurdle for any team to overcome.
Here is a different spin on the game tonight. Which coach is under the most pressure to win Derossett or Parsons.
PHS Coach Wrote:Here is a different spin on the game tonight. Which coach is under the most pressure to win Derossett or Parsons.

IMO there is no doubt. It is Coach Derossett. Prestonsburg is not supposed to lose to Betsy Layne in football. With that being said from what I've seen Betsy Layne certainly has the better athletes this year. We shall see tonight how it all goes down.
Westside Wrote:IMO there is no doubt. It is Coach Derossett. Prestonsburg is not supposed to lose to Betsy Layne in football. With that being said from what I've seen Betsy Layne certainly has the better athletes this year. We shall see tonight how it all goes down.

I agree 100%. Coach Parsons is playin' with house money in this series until BL wins a game. Then, he gets a little pressure on him to always win. Good luck to both tonight!
DeRossett is catching some heat. a lot of pressure on him.
Pages: 1 2