Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is Middlesboro football the real deal this year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I watched middlesboro play bell county and they look strong up front, good backs and receivers. Could this be an explosive year for middlesboro?
I honestly think they may make state... Their extremely underrated... Both their backs are ranked in the state 2A ypg Pittmans #1... I may be a little biased though...
You beat a bell team that is way down. And now your talking state championships. Whatever you guys are smoking you need to share because it is the good stuff.
I said they could make it... And they easily could there isn't but maybe 4 or 5 2A teams out there that could beat the boro in my opinion... They could have also beat bell by 3 or more tds easily if it wasn't for a few calls..
I'd like to have what your smoking insideinfo if you really dont believe Mboro has a shot at making state...
TheKingOfTheWorld Wrote:I said they could make it... And they easily could there isn't but maybe 4 or 5 2A teams out there that could beat the boro in my opinion... They could have also beat bell by 3 or more tds easily if it wasn't for a few calls..

There is not a snowball chance in hell that Middlesboro make it to Bowling Green!!! WAKE UP.
Theirs not a snowball chance in hell that the #6 team in the state in 2A makes state... LMAO OK... You my friend are what we call haters... Not saying they will but theirs def a chance...
I watched them play and they have done whatever they wanted. Came to bell expecting to lose by 30 and came on log mountain, and ran it down their throats. These kids have grown up. Aren't as bad as what everyone thinks. They have other players that can come in behind their backs and not miss a beat
Jackets are much improved. We will see when they get into district how good they really are.
TheKingOfTheWorld Wrote:Theirs not a snowball chance in hell that the #6 team in the state in 2A makes state... LMAO OK... You my friend are what we call haters... Not saying they will but theirs def a chance...

You may think I am a hater but what I am is a realist.You will have to beat Danville just to host a first round playoff game at best a pickem game. So with only a 50% chance of hosting a first round playoff game will make it real hard to make it to Bowling Green.Just calling them like I see them.
They should sweep everyone in the district besides maybe Somerset... Their record looks bad but you def can't overlook them..
I hope they make it to state!!! I don't care how bad Bell is down they are still tuff to beat on Log Mtn!! I think there are a few Mtn teams that have a shot!!!!
Middlesboro will be tough and will shock all you "realist"
they will beat Danville by 3tds or more in my opinion..
insideinfo Wrote:You may think I am a hater but what I am is a realist.You will have to beat Danville just to host a first round playoff game at best a pickem game. So with only a 50% chance of hosting a first round playoff game will make it real hard to make it to Bowling Green.Just calling them like I see them.

Did you just really throw Danville out there? Corbin just beat them worse then they beat Trimble the week before. I would almost bet Trimble is in the bottom 10 in the entire state!! If all they have to worry about is Danville they are good. Just saying!
JacketFan98 Wrote:I watched them play and they have done whatever they wanted. Came to bell expecting to lose by 30 and came on log mountain, and ran it down their throats. These kids have grown up. Aren't as bad as what everyone thinks. They have other players that can come in behind their backs and not miss a beat

I actually thought you would give them all they wanted with a chance to win. I did not say any thing about them being bad.All I said was you beat a down
Bell team and started talking State Championships.Just slow down. Just try to win a district championship first.
Go Big Red! Wrote:Did you just really throw Danville out there? Corbin just beat them worse then they beat Trimble the week before. I would almost bet Trimble is in the bottom 10 in the entire state!! If all they have to worry about is Danville they are good. Just saying!

I threw them out there I believe this will be a 50/50 game. Danville has played a whole lot tougher schedule than Middlesboro.
LMAO guys delusional
insideinfo Wrote:I threw them out there I believe this will be a 50/50 game. Danville has played a whole lot tougher schedule than Middlesboro.

I think the Jackets have no problem with the Admiral's even at Danville. I would say they are at least 2 td's better no matter where they play. The two biggest shockers in the mountains are Middlesboro and Corbin. I think they were both underated and will both in time prove they belong in the top 2-3 in there classes. Im not predicting a state title or anything like that but they will both do well.
They will have a tougher time out of Somerset and LCA in my opinion...
I wouldn't let a win over the worst Bell team I ever remember give you to much hope, but at the same time I believe Mboro is imrpoved. Luckily, 2A is as weak as its ever been.
Danville and Somerset both have fallen off the map. If Mboro has ever had a year to shock people, it would be this one.
Think the pikeville game will be a good one! Cant wait for next week!
Who ya got in that one? I think Mboro by maybe a td
Ok lets get this straight. The Jackets beat the worst team Bell Co has fielded in over a decade. They beat a 1-3 Grant Co team who's only win was over 0-4 Owen Co. They beat 1A Pineville who sits at 2-2 with wins over 0-4 McCreary Central and 0-3 South Floyd and you are ready to crown them State Champions.

I'm sure Middlesboro is much improved, but I don't think we need to go ahead and hand them a trophy just yet. If they can get by Pikeville on the road, and a healthy Somerset team on the road then we can talk about a deep run in the playoffs.

Good luck this year.
Just remember you have to play one game at a time. Start talking going to BG and lose focuse that's when the wheels fall off and you end up on the road in the playoffs. One game at a time!!! The rest will take care of its self.
You are correct. The only focus should be Harlan. We should not get ahead of ourselves. Most have to understand that beating Bell is so big for our team and community. We realize where Bell is, but it has been along time. It is only tuesday and they are just now calming down. Harlan is now the focus, can not go there and loose focus. The district is the main goal. We have to prepare for that with the next three games.

BG is a goal for every team, but it doesn't come before the district goals.
Good luck Jackets.
I made my statement before the season started that middlesboro was my 2a sleeper team in the east.I still stand by this if somerset don't wake up middlesboro will run the table in Districts :truestory:
Somerset is still number 1 in this district right now. It will be a tough game. Good luck Jackets WHEN YOU GET THERE.

The next one is the most important.
I picked M'bouro to be 7-3 or 8-2 this pre season. Now that looks like a Great Pick. Still think they have a long way to go with Somerset and Danville on Road.
FlippedOut Wrote:Somerset is still number 1 in this district right now. It will be a tough game. Good luck Jackets WHEN YOU GET THERE.

The next one is the most important.

Somerset will be #1 IN District until Someone in District beats them. Somerset has not lost a District Game in 4 years. Don't think they will roll over now!!!
Pages: 1 2