Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is Middlesboro football the real deal this year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Only possible two games I really see them having a shot to lose is Pikeville and Somerset in my honest opinion... I honestly think they will get by Somerset this year though... Guess we will see like I said earlier not saying they will make it to BG but they have a shot in my opinion... Danville is way down this year...
I sincerely wish Middlesboro does go to state, but you can't look past your very next opponent.
I am a mboro grad and fan for a long time. First off for mboro fans getting a win over bell co is huge no matter what. Bell is down to where they have been but are still bell co regardless. Think Robert Morris cared that uk was terrible? I don't think so. As far as being a title contender it's possible but I don't believe the jackets have all the pieces to win it all. A lot would have to work out to do so. The 98 mboro championship team did have the players, special teams and all it took and they won it. No mboro team since has been that good and this yrs team isn't close to that one. I do agree with some posters that jacket fans need to slow down on title talk, but a lot of people need to understand we have beaten bell co like 2 times in 25 yrs so sorry if we are kinda excited. Not a lot to have breen excited about the last few yrs
tazcat Wrote:I am a mboro grad and fan for a long time. First off for mboro fans getting a win over bell co is huge no matter what. Bell is down to where they have been but are still bell co regardless. Think Robert Morris cared that uk was terrible? I don't think so. As far as being a title contender it's possible but I don't believe the jackets have all the pieces to win it all. A lot would have to work out to do so. The 98 mboro championship team did have the players, special teams and all it took and they won it. No mboro team since has been that good and this yrs team isn't close to that one. I do agree with some posters that jacket fans need to slow down on title talk, but a lot of people need to understand we have beaten bell co like 2 times in 25 yrs so sorry if we are kinda excited. Not a lot to have excited about the last few yrs

I believe your spot on about this years team. And the excitement of a big win is great for school pride. Being Knox Central fan over the years as been tough most years me and a group of buddies just chose other teams to support and in 98 we probably watched Middlesboro play 5 or 6 times, was there when they beat Beechwood . And you was right about having all the pieces to the puzzle, that team was loaded.
TheKingOfTheWorld Wrote:Only possible two games I really see them having a shot to lose is Pikeville and Somerset in my honest opinion... I honestly think they will get by Somerset this year though... Guess we will see like I said earlier not saying they will make it to BG but they have a shot in my opinion... Danville is way down this year...

If Somerset is still beat up, I'll give you the edge. If Somerset is healthy you want beat them at Briar Patch. Too many thorns!!!!!!!:dontthink:dontthink
Scary thing is Middlesboro has been without Parker Uhl who lead the team in rushing and scoring last season.

Pittman has filled in for him really well this season , he worked HARD this past off season.
98 team had Floyd Branham who was the heart and soul of that team.. he was a leader who if you wasn't doing your job he was up in your face. He was a beast who absolutely went full blast all game , every game.
I think Parker quit... And Yeah Pittman has really filled in he leads all 2A rushers in ypg lol... Honestly I wouldn't put Uhl over Barton or Pittman this year the way they have been rushing..
But if Uhl comes back I think Frazier has something special lol... Could you imagine Barton Pittman and Uhl trading carries All game... Geeze..
I wasent aware he quit , last I head he was out with a injury.. its a shame cause he could of added a little more debt at RB and on Defense , He was a good athlete.
What about Tyler Yoakum did he quit too??
I'm pretty sure he did... I've heard he quit then I've heard hes gonna come back just dif stories... Yeah it would be dangerous with those 3 running the ball..
I think Yoakum still plays pretty sure..
I've not seen him and he's not on the roster , Maybe I've missed something. lol
If there were 2 kids that quit before last week, then don't ever let them return.
He might have... I thought I seen his dad at the bell game though... Mboro is fine with or without them though...
Don't look past Union VA , they beat a really good Sullivan North team 33 to 21 last Friday night.
Camre Stephany quit today , his mom got a job in Knoxville. The younger stephany on the 11/12 year Olds also.
This is the best Jacket team in at LEAST a decade, and yes . . . they are BACK!

No one in district will be able to stay within three TD's of them, and the northern KY teams are struggling.

Book your rooms for Bowling Green, baby! Middlesboro is a lock for the finals!
Gitback Coach Wrote:This is the best Jacket team in at LEAST a decade, and yes . . . they are BACK!

No one in district will be able to stay within three TD's of them, and the northern KY teams are struggling.

Just out of curiosity but where are you from and what team do you support? No one I knows Is thinking like that.. We've not won a district game in 2 years so no one is thinking we're 3 tds better than anyone in our district. Bowling green is in our minds but right now Harlan is what we are preparing for.
Gitback Coach Wrote:This is the best Jacket team in at LEAST a decade, and yes . . . they are BACK!

Well!!!! You must be smoking some good stuff!!!lol If not are you a bookie???:biggrin::biggrin:
Somerset's schedule will pay big dividens by the time the districts or playoffs start.
Bunnies will be a tough game for Jackets.
Uhl is out with injury, did not quit. Yoakum never started playing this year. Stephney mom will be moving, will know more next monday.

So no one has quit. Different circumstances.
I knew he was hurt just thought he quit afterwards... Hopefully when he comes back they trade carries with the three and dont throw him back in front... Wouldn't be right to me..
TheKingOfTheWorld Wrote:I knew he was hurt just thought he quit afterwards... Hopefully when he comes back they trade carries with the three and dont throw him back in front... Wouldn't be right to me..

Play the best player then you will have 3 :pondering:
Why has he not been at any of the games on the sidelines supporting his team?
Mboro needs to stay focused! not whos going to start over one another.Why is this discussion even being brought up?
Uhl lead the team because Pittman was never given the chance at RB. If they bust up this roster half way through the season I call BS! Pittman has busted his ass working for a starting position, and has played a key role in Middlesboro's success. Mark my words, if they bust this roster up that will be the demise of Mboro.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/2386126/hi...s/73588391

So you are trying to tell me this is a better team than Trever Hoskins and that bunch in 05 and 06? Your on crack...

Now, let me say this. I am a huge supporter or Frazier and believe this team is going to be good, but not in the same solar system as those two teams...
Pages: 1 2