Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ironton (OH) @ Ashland 9/20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who wins this game ?
Ironton will control the line of scrimmage and the game.
Before last week I thought the tomcats had a shot. Now I'm just not sure.

Tigers 21 tomcats 7
Ironton should be able to name the score in this game. They seem to always have Ashlands number!! Ironton-44 Ashland-12
Ironton won't score 44. They don't have the skill guys they have had in the past. But they do have a big physical line that just wears people down.
Irontons line will tire Ashlands down. Their pass defense is improving also. I say 28-13 Ironton.
SportsGuru11 Wrote:Ironton should be able to name the score in this game. They seem to always have Ashlands number!! Ironton-44 Ashland-12

Are u serious ashland had beaten them twice in the last 4 years
Well its Tuesday of Ironton and Ashland week and its awful quiet on this thread lol but Im sure it will pick up as the week goes on.. First let throw the records out the window this is gonna be a battle of two storied programs period.. Whos gonna win who knows they are high school kids. The last few years when i thought Ashland would win Ironton would win and vice versa. There will be alot of inexperienced players on the field on both sides of the ball for both teams i wont use the word "young" cause we are into the season and that seems to offend some people lol..Lets hope we see a good injury free game and good luck to all...
Ashland's defense will need to be more physical than they have so far. They show signs of improvement and I think some leaders are emerging. Offensively they will have to do a better job with blitzes and continuity in the backfield.
Ironton wins this one and only chance Ashland has of keeping it under 2 touchdowns is if they don't turn the ball over too much. Would love to see them win, but the Cats defense is way down this year, other than the Russell game they haven't held anyone under 30. Still a while off but the Johnson Central game could be just plain ugly.
Lot can happen between now and then.
Ashland Kentucky over Ohio :please:
Patch Wrote:Ironton wins this one and only chance Ashland has of keeping it under 2 touchdowns is if they don't turn the ball over too much. Would love to see them win, but the Cats defense is way down this year, other than the Russell game they haven't held anyone under 30. Still a while off but the Johnson Central game could be just plain ugly.

Hum?:yum:
Both teams are young but I'll give a slight edge to my Tomcats because Ashland has the most talented player of the two in Baker and because the games at Putnam.
Ashland 22
Ironton 16
Need to put baker at TB behind QB and get him the ball at least 20 times!!! It should be a close game and Ashland wins 21 20!!!
Whoo Hoo, go Ironton!!!!
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Both teams are young but I'll give a slight edge to my Tomcats because Ashland has the most talented player of the two in Baker and because the games at Putnam.
Ashland 22
Ironton 16

One man cant pull this one out, Ashland is very down this year. There not even mentioned with the upper teams on this site this year and it may be several more years before there even mentioned again. Look out Boyd Co., Russell, Fairview and Greenup Co. Its time for the tomcats to hit the recruiting trail.

Ironton 34
Ashland 14
:eyeroll::eyeroll:
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:One man cant pull this one out, Ashland is very down this year. There not even mentioned with the upper teams on this site this year and it may be several more years before there even mentioned again. Look out Boyd Co., Russell, Fairview and Greenup Co. Its time for the tomcats to hit the recruiting trail.

Ironton 34
Ashland 14
:eyeroll::eyeroll:

Russell, Greenup and Boyd have already contributed to the area talent pool. Lol
Time for others schools to take over duties. Lol
Ashland appears to be down this year but this Ironton team sucks. The were down 35-0 against Wheelersburg in the first quarter, that's right in the first quarter. So anyone predicting a blowout is simply ignorant of the facts.
WOW..SUCKS is such a harsh word for high school kids.. Oh well I guess the gloves are off now lol
hardknocks4 Wrote:WOW..SUCKS is such a harsh word for high school kids.. Oh well I guess the gloves are off now lol

Oh lighten up Francis. This isn't a strong Ashland team nor is it a strong Ironton team. Therefore, a blowout in either direction is improbable.
Leaping Lee Wrote:Oh lighten up Francis. This isn't a strong Ashland team nor is it a strong Ironton team. Therefore, a blowout in either direction is improbable.

Well then say it that way and alot of peple would agree with your statement..To say the suck is classless for an adult to say about kids whether your talking about Ashland, Ironton or any other team..
Im calling for the upset. Ashland has showed their immaturity. It lies with playing to the competition. I think they get up for this game much like they did against Raceland. Imo Itown is 3 tds better. But I think Ashland gets a few breaks at home and comes out with a win.

Ashland 27
Ironton 24
Fighting Tigers by 7.
hardknocks4 Wrote:Well then say it that way and alot of peple would agree with your statement..To say the suck is classless for an adult to say about kids whether your talking about Ashland, Ironton or any other team..

Remember we all started here one time . He only has 18 posts, he will learn. Just like I did, he will get it hopefully after your post. I know I did. Should be a packed house up there, best to both and Quinton is a dandy.
Ashland by 3
Hilariously 5 of the 6 members of The Independents staff have picked the Tomkittens to win this game.

Snyder and Vankirk have also picked Boyd over Russell.
FBALL Wrote:Hilariously 5 of the 6 members of The Independents staff have picked the Tomkittens to win this game.

Snyder and Vankirk have also picked Boyd over Russell.
:biglmao:
Ironton 31

Ashland 14
hardknocks4 Wrote:Well then say it that way and alot of peple would agree with your statement..To say the suck is classless for an adult to say about kids whether your talking about Ashland, Ironton or any other team..

TigerBlues Wrote:Remember we all started here one time . He only has 18 posts, he will learn. Just like I did, he will get it hopefully after your post. I know I did. Should be a packed house up there, best to both and Quinton is a dandy.

You guys both suck.
Pages: 1 2