Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 9/7/2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
They are playing today at 2. Have not heard who they are playing. Heard earlier in the week they were trying to get a game with a team from Indiana. Anybody heard anything?
Noblesville IN. According to another thread, they aren't a high school team, they are junior and senior home schoolers in a rich suburb of Indianapolis. This is a big mismatch.....JC should win big.
Well, crap!! Not worth driving to Paintsville to watch.
Cardinals ride Wrote:Well, crap!! Not worth driving to Paintsville to watch.

Depending on your location, If your 30 mins away I wouldn't. If your 10-20 mins away and wanted to get out of the house then I'd go...but JC should hang about 60+ on them
Strikeout King Wrote:Depending on your location, If your 30 mins away I wouldn't. If your 10-20 mins away and wanted to get out of the house then I'd go...but JC should hang about 60+ on them
Most people expected Pikeville to do the same to Paintsville last night. According to the Noblesville Lions' website, a JV game was scheduled to begin at 11 AM.

I doubt that this team will be as weak as many people expect and they may provide more competition than Sheldon Clark would have. Central Indiana has a large home schooling community and the Noblesville Lions are the top ranked home school football team in the country. Don't be surprised if they put some talented athletes on the field today, but I doubt that they will have the numbers to hang with the Golden Eagles for long.
Noblesville is not good. JC will put 60+ on the board whether they want to or not.
OK2NV Wrote:Noblesville is not good. JC will put 60+ on the board whether they want to or not.
Have you seen the Noblesville Lions play? It would have been hard for JC not to have put 60+ on the board against Sheldon Clark.
Yes sir I have. Not good
We get it Hoot!! Sheldon Clark is not good!! Lol
OK2NV Wrote:Yes sir I have. Not good
Thanks. I suspected that was the case but I was hoping that they would be good enough to make a game of it early. It would have been great if JC had been able to schedule more than one real game before playing Harlan County.
Cardinals ride Wrote:We get it Hoot!! Sheldon Clark is not good!! Lol
I don't remember Johnson Central ever canceling a scheduled game out of fear and the Golden Eagles fielded some really bad teams in the early years of JC's existence. It reminds me of Ashland refusing to play Rose Hill's basketball team out of principle when Rose Hill had O.J. Mayo and then adding them back to the schedule after he moved on. :biggrin:
The SC/JC game wasn't cancelled out of fear. I know why it was cancelled but I really don't feel like beating a dead horse. Btw, as long as Hager and Matney are coaching their respective teams JC/SC probably won't play again.
Hoot must be deaf dumb and blind if he doesn't know the reason why the teams aren't playing. I believe he wears number three for the golden eagles. What good would it do for the two teams to play? We have three juniors on the team the rest are freshman and sophomores. I guess y'all just want to rub our nose in it a little more. It will come back to haunt you one day I promise you that.
Looks like we probably won't have to worry about the Hager part much longer.
And I think the word isn't so much "fear" as "butthurt".
IntheZone Wrote:Hoot must be deaf dumb and blind if he doesn't know the reason why the teams aren't playing. I believe he wears number three for the golden eagles. What good would it do for the two teams to play? We have three juniors on the team the rest are freshman and sophomores. I guess y'all just want to rub our nose in it a little more. It will come back to haunt you one day I promise you that.
It shows no class to back out of a game immediately before the season begins and leave your opponent no time to find a suitable replacement. Surely, SC must have known last season that they would be outmanned by JC this season. They should never have scheduled the game if they did not intend to keep their commitment. I have not kept up with the off season news, but there is no excuse for the cancellation, IMO.

Matney built a solid program and left a solid program behind when he left Sheldon Clark. It sounds like whatever the problem is, it is not Matney or Johnson Central.
I'm at the UK vs. Miami of Ohio game....
Can somebody please do some updates.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It shows no class to back out of a game immediately before the season begins and leave your opponent no time to find a suitable replacement. Surely, SC must have known last season that they would be outmanned by JC this season. They should never have scheduled the game if they did not intend to keep their commitment. I have not kept up with the off season news, but there is no excuse for the cancellation, IMO.

Now that right there is some funny stuff. It's my opinion if we returned all of our players from last year that would could have competed with jc maybe not beat them but played with them. Or maybe not you never know that's why the games are played. But the circumstances around the two teams I think they're better off not playing nothing good would have came away from the game this year so why set yourself up for something that could only bring negativity to both teams by having bad blood spill out in the course of a game or afterwards. The game was canceled months in advance we knew we weren't playing while school was still in session last spring.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It shows no class to back out of a game immediately before the season begins and leave your opponent no time to find a suitable replacement. Surely, SC must have known last season that they would be outmanned by JC this season. They should never have scheduled the game if they did not intend to keep their commitment. I have not kept up with the off season news, but there is no excuse for the cancellation, IMO.

Matney built a solid program and left a solid program behind when he left Sheldon Clark. It sounds like whatever the problem is, it is not Matney or Johnson Central.

We knew JC was going to be good, and we knew that when we scheduled the game. Which is how you know the game was not cancelled because we are scared.
The reason is because two Sheldon Clark players moved to JC in the offseason. One was Pat Rice, whose father was hired as the head girls basketball coach at JC. The other was Workman, whom I believe was the QB there and whose father came over to help coach at JC. I don't recall all those years when JC sucked and was getting its athletes stolen in every sport by nearby schools us refusing to play them (or there never would have been any Apple Bowls). But I guess not everyone has the stones.

JC leads the Lions 14-0 in the 1st quarter.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I'm at the UK vs. Miami of Ohio game....
Can somebody please do some updates.
I don't want to do a play by play, but JC is up 14-0 in the 1st. According to the announcers, the Noblesville quarterback has a cannon of an arm and the Lions have 91 yards passing already. The Lions are within the JC one yard line after a long completion. ..TD...14-7 JC 1:54 in 1st.
Diogenes Wrote:The reason is because two Sheldon Clark players moved to JC in the offseason. One was Pat Rice, whose father was hired as the head girls basketball coach at JC. The other was Workman, whom I believe was the QB there and whose father came over to help coach at JC. I don't recall all those years when JC sucked and was getting its athletes stolen in every sport by nearby schools us refusing to play them (or there never would have been any Apple Bowls). But I guess not everyone has the stones.

JC leads the Lions 14-0 in the 1st quarter.
I believe that parents should be free to transfer their children from any school to any school for any reason. If those students are athletes, then as long as they do not switch schools during the year with no change of residence, I personally see no problem with it. I never blamed all of those players who transferred to Paintsville over the years to take advantage of better opportunities during periods when Johnson Central had a weak football program.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't remember Johnson Central ever canceling a scheduled game out of fear and the Golden Eagles fielded some really bad teams in the early years of JC's existence. It reminds me of Ashland refusing to play Rose Hill's basketball team out of principle when Rose Hill had O.J. Mayo and then adding them back to the schedule after he moved on. :biggrin:

The state forced ashland to add rose hill back. We didn't want to as the recruiting didn't stop after mayo left. They just recruited middle schoolers from the area so they wouldn't get caught. But they did get caught cheating. Also during the mayo years ashland was 4-3 against them. And the trophy count was Ashland 3 rose hill 1 so it wasn't like we knew we couldn't beat them or anything cause we won more than we lost.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:The state forced ashland to add rose hill back. We didn't want to as the recruiting didn't stop after mayo left. They just recruited middle schoolers from the area so they wouldn't get caught. But they did get caught cheating. Also during the mayo years ashland was 4-3 against them. And the trophy count was Ashland 3 rose hill 1 so it wasn't like we knew we couldn't beat them or anything cause we won more than we lost.
:lmao: Mayo played varsity as an 8th grader - maybe as a 7th grader too. How many of those wins were against a junior high aged Mayo? This is the wrong place to beat a dead horse, but Ashland has benefited as much from transfers over the years as any team east of Lexington. Like I said above, I don't blame kids for transferring into better programs. Ashland supporters shouldn't either.
It sounds like Noblesville has some good athletes, especially the QB, but JC is racking up rushing yardage now at will. 28-7 JC. 9:08 2nd quarter. 3 plays, 75 yards, in under a minute on the scoring drive. Belcher already has over 130 yards rushing.
28-7 in the early 2nd quarter. Truman Salyer just caught a TD pass for JC. Belcher has 132 yards on 4 carries.

Impressively this year, JC has TWO kickers who can kickoff into the end zone and hit placement kicks. Nice to see the emphasis on special teams; they make a huge difference.
J. Graham Lindeman is probably the best throwing QB we'll see until Houliston, God willing we get that far. 7-11 for 110 yards so far.
Score.... Quarter?

I'm dying here.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Score.... Quarter?

I'm dying here.
Under 3:27 in 2nd. Still 28-7 JC.
35-7 JC with a little over 2 minutes left in half.
Pages: 1 2