Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley Co @ Morristown West 8/24/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any Thoughts on this showdown:argue:
looks like a tough matchup for the Colonels
West is the better of the two Morristown teams. Good test for Colonels.
Well once again the colonels have bit off more than they can chew, just hope that the morristown coach has a heart, this game will be a blow out. The legacy of Whitley football we played a hard schedule and never won a single game against them.
Yes morristown is a very good team, but I wouldn't over look the colonels. A lot of good athletes. I still would take morristown, but a closer game than expected.
SOUNDS T1UP IS ONE OF THEM BURG FANS THAT DONT KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT A HARD SCHEDULE. OR FOOTBALL ALTOGETHER.:truestory:
PETE THE GURU Wrote:SOUNDS T1UP IS ONE OF THEM BURG FANS THAT DONT KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT A HARD SCHEDULE. OR FOOTBALL ALTOGETHER.:truestory:

Guru get your fuel on the way down to tenn, because you sure don't want to be seen in tenn after this game. This will show how you play against a team of equal enrollment. Yeah I like Williamsburg and Corbin because they are winners, get the message. Hard schedule is alright but you have to be a least competitive and win one of these games. If you hit mike Tyson and get knocked out, that don't make you a boxer.:hilarious:
Morristown by 2 TD's.
T1up Wrote:Guru get your fuel on the way down to tenn, because you sure don't want to be seen in tenn after this game. This will show how you play against a team of equal enrollment. Yeah I like Williamsburg and Corbin because they are winners, get the message. Hard schedule is alright but you have to be a least competitive and win one of these games. If you hit mike Tyson and get knocked out, that don't make you a boxer.:hilarious:

You guys should meet and have a cold beer when T1 is coming back from Halls and Guru is heading to Morristown. I'll stop too. I'm not buying............but I'm drinkingSmile
hilarious post above
T1up Wrote:Guru get your fuel on the way down to tenn, because you sure don't want to be seen in tenn after this game. This will show how you play against a team of equal enrollment. Yeah I like Williamsburg and Corbin because they are winners, get the message. Hard schedule is alright but you have to be a least competitive and win one of these games. If you hit mike Tyson and get knocked out, that don't make you a boxer.:hilarious:

Confusednicker:

Of what? The last state championship for Corbin was over 30 years ago, and isnt Wburg still waiting on number 1?
Whats bad is the williamsburg fans always are hating on whitley while most of the whitley fans pull for the burg. As for me i personally know and am friends with these kids at williamsburg. So stay on your williamsburg threads were you might make some sense.
This is an extremely difficult game for the Colonels.

On the road starting the season having to replace the core of the defense and several components of the offensive line.

Whitley has picked up a tough schedule again this year and rather than play just nine games picked up a tough game. You have to give them credit the Colonels unlike some other local teams don't dodge games they look for them.

I fell like Whitley will fall in this one, but it is a game that will make them better and help them be a tougher football team. When you see good teams and teams with speed, it is not a shock when you see them later when it may count for something.
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:This is an extremely difficult game for the Colonels.

On the road starting the season having to replace the core of the defense and several components of the offensive line.

Whitley has picked up a tough schedule again this year and rather than play just nine games picked up a tough game. You have to give them credit the Colonels unlike some other local teams don't dodge games they look for them.

I fell like Whitley will fall in this one, but it is a game that will make them better and help them be a tougher football team. When you see good teams and teams with speed, it is not a shock when you see them later when it may count for something.

Whitley will be the underdog, thats for sure.
I think this game will tell us a lot about how Whitleys season could play out.
If they play Morristown close or even pick up the win, then id say Whitley will be very good. If they go down there and get handled with ease, then it will be a long season.
I believe this game will be closer then a lot of people believe (or want to believe) but I think Morristown will pull it out in the end. If Whitley was to pull off an upset I wouldn't be all that shocked.
Pass defense will need to get better or it will be a long year.. What I liked about Whitley in the scrimmage against hazard was they was having fun and just playing football. I was standing on the Whitley side..
Hey GUT are you going to change your avatar to someting about Whitley County? I changed mine. Finally got off of that 49 ers one lol.
Please no do-double-gg. This one is the best one he's ever had!!!
West big.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Hey GUT are you going to change your avatar to someting about Whitley County? I changed mine. Finally got off of that 49 ers one lol.

lol, should of had a Ravens one.....

They have to earn it before i plaster it on there :biggrin:
bac2369 Wrote:Pass defense will need to get better or it will be a long year.. What I liked about Whitley in the scrimmage against hazard was they was having fun and just playing football. I was standing on the Whitley side..

Completely agree with the first part.

And I ALWAYS sit on the visitors side while at games. Much easier to watch and blend in. Hate sitting on the Whitley side Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:Please no do-double-gg. This one is the best one he's ever had!!!

If filthy would come back, id let her make me a HC signature and id sport it for an entire week!
West has very good tail back coming back! I dont know who else is returning but I expect them to be very good. I will say West wins this one, But it is hard to predict any of these games the first few weeks! I do hope WC pulls in out with a win though!
Whitley county should win this game easy.but sence it's at morristown I don't no for sur :biglmao:
Good luck WC. Make the mountains proud.
Good luck to the young men from Whitley Co., make KY proud.
Wc can win 13 to 7
Morristown
Fuzzybeardad Wrote:West has very good tail back coming back! I dont know who else is returning but I expect them to be very good. I will say West wins this one, But it is hard to predict any of these games the first few weeks! I do hope WC pulls in out with a win though!
Unfortunately, we lost our star running back from last season when he moved to Knoxville. We do have an experienced quarterback and receivers with some good young running backs to share the load. We also return a lot of our defensive unit from last year.
Regardless, we look for a very tough game from the Colonels.

I hope everyone from Whitley County has a safe trip to and from Morristown and for an injury-free game for both the Colonels and Trojans.

BTW, just in case someone doesn't know, Burke-Toney Stadium, which is shared by both Morristown high schools, is located on the campus of Morristown East. Do not travel to West High for the game.
2oldnow Wrote:Unfortunately, we lost our star running back from last season when he moved to Knoxville. We do have an experienced quarterback and receivers with some good young running backs to share the load. We also return a lot of our defensive unit from last year.
Regardless, we look for a very tough game from the Colonels.

I hope everyone from Whitley County has a safe trip to and from Morristown and for an injury-free game for both the Colonels and Trojans.

BTW, just in case someone doesn't know, Burke-Toney Stadium, which is shared by both Morristown high schools, is located on the campus of Morristown East. Do not travel to West High for the game.

Welcome to the site!
Thanks for the info.
Tell us more about West.
Pages: 1 2