Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley Co @ Morristown West 8/24/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Guys just look for a football stadium with lights 64sur is 100 percents pulling for Whitley in this game :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Welcome to the site!
Thanks for the info.
Tell us more about West.
Historically, the offense has run out of an I-formation but will go to split-back. Generally a 4-3 scheme defensively. In the past 14 years, West's regular season record is 112-28.

This year's squad is down somewhat from past years with 80+ players on the roster. Ranked 11th in one TN 5-A preseason list. Tough defense with very good linebackers and experienced secondary. Experience at the QB spot and speedy receivers. Relatively young RBs. Big and strong TE.

How about Whitley County?
Best of luck to Whitley. MW is a power. Going to be very tough. Didn't they beat Harlan County last year?
2oldnow Wrote:Historically, the offense has run out of an I-formation but will go to split-back. Generally a 4-3 scheme defensively. In the past 14 years, West's regular season record is 112-28.

This year's squad is down somewhat from past years with 80+ players on the roster. Ranked 11th in one TN 5-A preseason list. Tough defense with very good linebackers and experienced secondary. Experience at the QB spot and speedy receivers. Relatively young RBs. Big and strong TE.

How about Whitley County?

Thanks for the info.
Your probably not going to see another offense like Whitleys the rest of the year. Whitley runs an option offense, but theres a kicker to it. Its like a flex bone triple option with lots of fakes, misdirections, and motions.
I dont know of another team in this state that runs anything that closely resembles it, but i think this year you could see a little more play action passes out of it than in recent years. Hell, half the time i dont even know what were lined up in to be honest. But thats the point, to confuse. Footballfever can put it into better terms than i can.

Defensively is where were very vulnerable. lots of young guys leading the way. You will see Whitley line up in a variety of ways, usually four down lineman, with one or two walked up. I wouldnt call it a true 4-3, but thats whats youll see the most of.

More of a rebilding phase that Whitleys been in over the past few years. I think the 2014 season looks very bright, and this one could be as well if everything molds together well. Its a complex offense that takes a long time to master, but when you do, its hard to stop. MW should be the favorites coming in, and you all also beat Harlan County last year, who absoloutly embarrassed us on there home field, especially up front.

The best way i can put it is to expect to see 5-6 different runningbacks running in all directions all night long. This Whitley team has a long way to go before there ready to really compete. I would think of MW as a 2-3 td favorite, but i hope im wrong.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Best of luck to Whitley. MW is a power. Going to be very tough. Didn't they beat Harlan County last year?

Yes.
Would love to see Whitley County come out and surprise everybody and I will be rooting for them but, I just don't see it happening. I look for MW to run out to an early lead and then Whitley get there scoring opportunities later in the game.

Morristown West - 35

Whitley Co. - 14
Still go to pull for Whitley. Even though they are going to be in a dog fight. But they are a Kentucky team and just have to go with them.
have to go with MW,as bad as i hate saying a TN team will win.....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Thanks for the info.
Your probably not going to see another offense like Whitleys the rest of the year. Whitley runs an option offense, but theres a kicker to it. Its like a flex bone triple option with lots of fakes, misdirections, and motions.
I dont know of another team in this state that runs anything that closely resembles it, but i think this year you could see a little more play action passes out of it than in recent years. Hell, half the time i dont even know what were lined up in to be honest. But thats the point, to confuse. Footballfever can put it into better terms than i can.

Defensively is where were very vulnerable. lots of young guys leading the way. You will see Whitley line up in a variety of ways, usually four down lineman, with one or two walked up. I wouldnt call it a true 4-3, but thats whats youll see the most of.

More of a rebilding phase that Whitleys been in over the past few years. I think the 2014 season looks very bright, and this one could be as well if everything molds together well. Its a complex offense that takes a long time to master, but when you do, its hard to stop. MW should be the favorites coming in, and you all also beat Harlan County last year, who absoloutly embarrassed us on there home field, especially up front.

The best way i can put it is to expect to see 5-6 different runningbacks running in all directions all night long. This Whitley team has a long way to go before there ready to really compete. I would think of MW as a 2-3 td favorite, but i hope im wrong.

:why: you just gave morristown west whitley game plan :boosign::boosign::boosign: causing me to think you are wanting on ESPN SPORTS CENTER RIUTG
64SUR Wrote::why: you just gave morristown west whitley game plan :boosign::boosign::boosign: causing me to think you are wanting on ESPN SPORTS CENTER RIUTG

I am sure Morristown West already knew what offense Whitley runs.
To quote a local head coach ... some of our guys are so young, they need fake IDs to just get into Chuck E. Cheese. Regardless, I expect a hard-hitting close game between the Colonels and Trojans. I just hope West can get the win and gain some confidence going into next week's game with the number one ranked 4A school in TN.
64SUR Wrote::why: you just gave morristown west whitley game plan :boosign::boosign::boosign: causing me to think you are wanting on ESPN SPORTS CENTER RIUTG

I think they know the game plan.

Run. Run. Run.

Its trying to figure out who has the ball thats the key to stopping it.
Gut the traitor!!!

Wink

MW did defeat Harlan Co last year in the season's opener. And we nearly got arrested over that danged traffic light!! Drive safely everyone.
PETE THE GURU Wrote:Whats bad is the williamsburg fans always are hating on whitley while most of the whitley fans pull for the burg. As for me i personally know and am friends with these kids at williamsburg. So stay on your williamsburg threads were you might make some sense.

that is absolutely not true, I have never heard of one game where a 1 Burg fan was not for the colonels . The truth is the adults have a problem I saw last week where several WC players and Burg players were together and hanging out. they could care less,,,, GET OVER THE BURG HAVING A DECIENT TEAM
^
Its usually the adults that cause the problems.
A lots changed over the past decade. The kids couldnt care less anymore.

The hate isnt there anymore.
I sure don't hate either team I live in laurel county.I just like Williamsburg style of football it remind me when I live in Leslie county for 40years.next week game will be a little tough on me when the burg play north laurel.anybody want to guess who I'm picking :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead ok Williamsburg
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Its usually the adults that cause the problems.
A lots changed over the past decade. The kids couldnt care less anymore.

The hate isnt there anymore.

Sometimes you make a lot of since. I didn't think we could agree on anything. KUDOS TO RIUTG
topnotch Wrote:Sometimes you make a lot of since. I didn't think we could agree on anything. KUDOS TO RIUTG

MOST of the time Confusednicker:
Finally gameday for me.
"Young Trojans set to open with Whitley County

A revamped offense, an abundance of youth and new starters at several positions are the storylines for the Morristown West Trojans entering their 2013 season opener.

The Trojans and sixth-year coach Lamar Brown will open the campaign Saturday night under the lights at Burke-Toney Stadium when they host Whitley County, Ky., in the nightcap of the fifth annual Citizen Tribune Kickoff Classic.

West will put their new pistol formation offense to the test against the Colonels, and Brown said his young team is ready to face off with an opponent in a game that matters.

“This team is ready to go,” Brown said. “It’s been a long fall camp, and we’re ready to get out there underneath the lights and show how all their hard work has paid off. The team is ready to play somebody when it counts. I’m excited, and I know our guys are really excited to get started.”

Quarterback Austin Ysidro, who ran for 834 yards last season, leads the Colonels unique rushing attack. Running backs Zack Mills (854 yards) and Austin Hooper (584 yards) are big threats as well out of the backfield.

“Whitley County has a very good football team,” Brown said. “Offensively, they have back a three-year starter at quarterback and a running back that is a really good football player. Those two make the team go.

“Their offensive line is physical, and defensively, they really get after you. They bring a bunch of stunts and walk guys into the box. They go for the big play, so when they are on the field, somebody’s band is going to play.”

Whitley County, under the tutelage of veteran coach Jim Black, runs an offense similar to what Morristown East ran in recent years when Cody Ricker was the quarterback. Ysidro is a big quarterback at 6-2, 225, and he can pick up tough yardage with his size and power.

“They run about the same offense Morristown East ran 2 or 3 years ago,” Brown said. “It’s a little bit more option based. They’re a lot like Harlan County too. They are happy to gain 3 and 4 yards a play and keep a drive going. They won’t beat themselves. They will make you stop them.”

Both teams enter with youth on each side of the ball. Whitley County struggled recently in a scrimmage against Hazard after replacing nine starters on defense, and the Trojans are in a similar boat with a large number of last year’s starters graduating.

“When you have a young football team, you really don’t know what will happen,” Brown said. “It’s always exciting. At the jamboree, we learned a little bit about ourselves playing in front of a big crowd for the first time. We had too many mistakes, too many penalties and too many busts and turnovers.

“All of that came in a quarter, and you can’t do that throughout an entire game and expect to win. That is something we have focused in on this week, and the kids have bought into it.”

Brown said the Trojans have had a good week of practice in preparation for Saturday’s game, and he expects his team to perform well this weekend.

“I expect us to play really well,” Brown said. “The old saying is that you play like you practice, and I hope that is true because we have practiced really well this week.”

Saturday’s meeting will be the first time the two schools have met on the gridiron. Kickoff at Burke-Toney Stadium is set for 8 p.m."

http://www.citizentribune.com/?p=61610
Pages: 1 2