Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trinity 48 Highlands 21 (Varsity)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From what I understand, this scrimmage was all T.
T's QB was something like 21-30 for over 370 yards in the first three.
Varsity played three quarters, the JV played the last qtr and was tied at 14.

Heck, maybe T is number two in the country.
They sure seemed like it last night. For all intents and purposes T dominated this one. Wasn't even close.
However, Highlands will coast threw the season and win another one.

Id love to see BG and Trinity go at it this year.
X #1 in the Ville!
E's Army Wrote:X #1 in the Ville!

For all you X fans that think Trinity is taking a big drop this year, you are sadly mistaken. T does not have the players like quick who can score every time he touches the ball, but their offense is going to put up a lot of points. The QB is better this year, good RB and WR, and big line. D has big line, big safety but weak DB's (HHS burnt them all night). The offense will be very very good but the D will be scored on. Looked like HHS WANTED to work on their passing game and tried very little of their running game, so not sure what the run D is going to do.
For all you that think t is all that they would of been in for a long night if the birds qb could throw the long ball it was there all night he will get better as the season gos on t will lose a few this year not impressed.
mrb5150 Wrote:For all you that think t is all that they would of been in for a long night if the birds qb could throw the long ball it was there all night he will get better as the season gos on t will lose a few this year not impressed.

You are right about the long ball being there and Highlands QB and WR not being comfortable yet. However Highlands could not stop T offense so I do not know how you can say it would have been a long night for them. What would impress you because no KY team is going to beat them.
Love to see Bowling Green and T play. X and T will be a battle of the titans.T has come back to the field some. We will know how much when they play X.
sstack Wrote:You are right about the long ball being there and Highlands QB and WR not being comfortable yet. However Highlands could not stop T offense so I do not know how you can say it would have been a long night for them. What would impress you because no KY team is going to beat them.

Didnt Hueliston (H QB) throw two TD passes against the No. 2 team in the Nation? yeah sounds like he is uncomfortable....Also H always throws the ball 90% of the time in these scrimmages and throws it 50% of the time in real situations. They do this to prepare because it was a scrimmage and not a real game. Dale has done that in each of these Trinity scrimmages and it probably swings the score 2 TDs because Highlands bread and butter is running the ball. New T qb is better than Wright from last year... T reloads.
E's Army Wrote:Love to see Bowling Green and T play. X and T will be a battle of the titans.T has come back to the field some. We will know how much when they play X.

T would wax BG....5A is joke.
birdman44 Wrote:T would wax BG....5A is joke.

As bad as T waxed Highlands? :biglmao:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:As bad as T waxed Highlands? :biglmao:

OUCH! Would love to see BG play this year at some point. BTW 5A>4A
Guess that answers some questions about trinity. New coach and some new faces but still same ole trinity. A power house in the blue grass state.
birdman44 Wrote:T would wax BG....5A is joke.

I would say bowling green would beat highlands. And give Trinity a game
Bowling Green would beat Highlands by 3 TD's. And it may not even be that close.
Fade Wrote:Bowling Green would beat Highlands by 3 TD's. And it may not even be that close.

i guess since you said it its true.... in reality it would be a great game. both great teams with sorry competition within their class. the last time they played Highlands handed it to them in a state championship. Trinity-Highlands was a scrimmage...not a game dont read into it too hard. dinged up players dont play, and coaching strategy is to learn where you are and test your unprovens.... im pretty sure Highlands best offensive player Zach Harris got less than 3-4 touches.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:As bad as T waxed Highlands? :biglmao:

yes...probably worse.
45-21 is a waxing i guess.... but it was a scrimmage. Birds passed it like every play. real game with real play calling T wins 42-32.
hop24 Wrote:OUCH! Would love to see BG play this year at some point. BTW 5A>4A

T..X..H,BG............................REST OF 6A......REST OF 4A..REST OF 5A.
never said 4a was better than 5a but they are. Highlands had a way easier time taking state in 5a, there was nobody till state game and they still dominated. 4a has lex cath boyle and cov cath at least. BGs only competition is John Hardin and they are good untill they play good teams. Both 5a adn 4a are cake walks though. who cares who is better they will all lose to H and BG in the end.
birdman44 Wrote:Didnt Hueliston (H QB) throw two TD passes against the No. 2 team in the Nation? yeah sounds like he is uncomfortable....Also H always throws the ball 90% of the time in these scrimmages and throws it 50% of the time in real situations. They do this to prepare because it was a scrimmage and not a real game. Dale has done that in each of these Trinity scrimmages and it probably swings the score 2 TDs because Highlands bread and butter is running the ball. New T qb is better than Wright from last year... T reloads.

I am not saying the QB/WR did not look good, I thought they looked very good. Their timing still is a little off as would be expected at this time, they missed alot of wide open oppertunities. They are going to be very dangerous. I agree with your post 100%.
Fade Wrote:Bowling Green would beat Highlands by 3 TD's. And it may not even be that close.

When Highlands was in 5A no one even challenged them including BG. Now BG fans say they would destroy highlands since they dropped to 4A. Last year BG beat lex CATH by 14, a team Highlands flat out destroyed. BG squeaked by JH, a team I would put below a team like COV CATH. I think BG is top 5 team in state but not better than T, Highlands, and at this point would put X and COV CATH ahead of them. BG plays X and Highlands plays COV CATH so that will show a lot. They both play JH this year too. Would love for BG/HIGHLANDS matchup, it would be a good game instead of the blowouts both teams have a lot of.
sstack Wrote:When Highlands was in 5A no one even challenged them including BG. Now BG fans say they would destroy highlands since they dropped to 4A. Last year BG beat lex CATH by 14, a team Highlands flat out destroyed. BG squeaked by JH, a team I would put below a team like COV CATH. I think BG is top 5 team in state but not better than T, Highlands, and at this point would put X and COV CATH ahead of them. BG plays X and Highlands plays COV CATH so that will show a lot. They both play JH this year too. Would love for BG/HIGHLANDS matchup, it would be a good game instead of the blowouts both teams have a lot of.

This is 2013. This year BG would win handily. And I am not a "BG fan".
sstack Wrote:When Highlands was in 5A no one even challenged them including BG. Now BG fans say they would destroy highlands since they dropped to 4A. Last year BG beat lex CATH by 14, a team Highlands flat out destroyed. BG squeaked by JH, a team I would put below a team like COV CATH. I think BG is top 5 team in state but not better than T, Highlands, and at this point would put X and COV CATH ahead of them. BG plays X and Highlands plays COV CATH so that will show a lot. They both play JH this year too. Would love for BG/HIGHLANDS matchup, it would be a good game instead of the blowouts both teams have a lot of.

A lot has changed since Highlands was 5A.

BG is much better.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:A lot has changed since Highlands was 5A.

BG is much better.

They better be if they're supposed to beat Highlands by multiple touchdowns and already have a W drawn by St Xavier on their schedule.
we'll never know who would win for sure... also, its still early in the football season.
birdman44 Wrote:They better be if they're supposed to beat Highlands by multiple touchdowns and already have a W drawn by St Xavier on their schedule.
we'll never know who would win for sure... also, its still early in the football season.

This is why people get sick of the Highlands banter.
With exceptional fan like Stack, the few bad eggs such as yourself completely destroy any chance of decent discussion with you "were the best no matter what" philosophy.
birdman44 Wrote:T..X..H,BG............................REST OF 6A......REST OF 4A..REST OF 5A.
never said 4a was better than 5a but they are. Highlands had a way easier time taking state in 5a, there was nobody till state game and they still dominated. 4a has lex cath boyle and cov cath at least. BGs only competition is John Hardin and they are good untill they play good teams. Both 5a adn 4a are cake walks though. who cares who is better they will all lose to H and BG in the end.

See your points, just wish Dale would have taken that offer to play BG in the Rafferty's bowl. If they want to be the best program in the state they need to play the T's, X's, and the BG's of the state. There's years where they will win and some they won't.
hop24 Wrote:See your points, just wish Dale would have taken that offer to play BG in the Rafferty's bowl. If they want to be the best program in the state they need to play the T's, X's, and the BG's of the state. There's years where they will win and some they won't.

I wish they would play them as well, H's schedule is usually not weak though, they get in a big time 'nati school every year. but as a fan i think they should play those schools for watching perposes.... and they are one of the best programs in the state....2006 was the last time they didnt win state. T,X,BG,H, and then maybe scott co are on a different level. I still think T just reloaded. St Xavier is supposed to be hot...that game will be nasty. wish H and BG played that would probably be just as good.
I also wish they would play as it would be more enjoyable and appropriate to "resolve" this debate on the field than on this forum. In other words, either fan base saying "We would beat ___ by ___ touchdowns" is rather foolish and cannot be proven.

Looking forward to the start of the season. I hope I can attend at least one game in person as opposed to listening to them all over the internet.
birdman44 Wrote:I wish they would play them as well, H's schedule is usually not weak though, they get in a big time 'nati school every year. but as a fan i think they should play those schools for watching perposes.... and they are one of the best programs in the state....2006 was the last time they didnt win state. T,X,BG,H, and then maybe scott co are on a different level. I still think T just reloaded. St Xavier is supposed to be hot...that game will be nasty. wish H and BG played that would probably be just as good.

The only part of H's schedule that is usually weak is there district(besides CovCath) and there nothing they can do about that. A couple of years ago when they had Mason Co. and Lou. Western on there schedule I was left scratching my head. This years schedule is very solid. Going out west 2 weeks in a row would stink. Think they will win both of those. Just think a team of there tradition would play X or T in a regular season every year.
Trinity has earned the #1 ranking in Kentucky. The rankings will work themselves out in a few weeks. I just hope we are still in the discussion, then.
adopted purple Wrote:Trinity has earned the #1 ranking in Kentucky. The rankings will work themselves out in a few weeks. I just hope we are still in the discussion, then.

Just wish I was closer to BG to take in a game. Would love to see them in action. If there on the internet feel free to let me know.:Thumbs:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This is why people get sick of the Highlands banter.
With exceptional fan like Stack, the few bad eggs such as yourself completely destroy any chance of decent discussion with you "were the best no matter what" philosophy.

whatevs calm down bud....never said H was the best... T settled that a couple days ago. never even said H would beat BG...both good teams we wont ever know this year or at least until season is over. I never start stuff on here, im just defending my team. 3/4s of the people on here talk trash about H. getn tired of the "BG is this much better than H 'cause i think so" b.s. and everyone saying dale is scared to play BG stuff. elder is just as good as bg or st x probably better. Also Dale had a chance to play a state champion team from florida in a two year deal, both at home. cant pass that up.
birdman44 Wrote:whatevs calm down bud....never said H was the best... T settled that a couple days ago. never even said H would beat BG...both good teams we wont ever know this year or at least until season is over. I never start stuff on here, im just defending my team. 3/4s of the people on here talk trash about H. getn tired of the "BG is this much better than H 'cause i think so" b.s. and everyone saying dale is scared to play BG stuff. elder is just as good as bg or st x probably better. Also Dale had a chance to play a state champion team from florida in a two year deal, both at home. cant pass that up.

I never said anything about Highlands not being good. But its time to think about how well BG has built that program over there. As with Highlands, it looks as though BG will win there class for the foreseeable future. Hating on a team is the biggest form of flattery isnt it?
Pages: 1 2