Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry County Central 59 - Cordia 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Lol wow, apparently Cordia made a little comeback...congrats to PCC, which I got to see this one!
Great game, 5 second call really hurt cordia, what is everybody's opinion on the call?
I was really hoping Cordia and Knott would meet again....
Heisenberg2010 Wrote:Great game, 5 second call really hurt cordia, what is everybody's opinion on the call?
Good call
I didn't see it.
The 5 second call would have been fine if lu got his twice on #4 for perry. But perry won cordia showed they could hang when everyone. said they couldnt. Good luck pcc in the. finals. Can't wait for nxt season. Proud fan tonight
From what i heard on the radio Rhodes had a good game plan gotta give credit where it is due, but congrats PCC can't wait for the championship game
Congrats Commodores. Perry survived is about all you can say about this one. I knew it wouldn't be like the other game.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
The refs made some bad calls or should I say didn't make any calls. Cordia players rode the beverly boy out of bounds at least 3 times in the fourth quarter and the refs made no call. But the worst no call was when Beverly went up for the lay up and owootoah hit him across the face. Johnson got the tip dunk but Beverly went out of the game with a scratch on his eye ball.
And I thought the 5 second call was a good call, prey stuck with him and made a great defensive play. It was actually about 7 seconds so the ref had no choice but to call it.
Lol don't act like.johnson and cornett didn't get away with hooks all.game either. Game was called as evenly as possible . Seems you have got use to ticky tack 14th region refs. Itss tournament time.Everyone. plays harder and.tighter. Beverly. should have the right mind.set to not run to corners during the press. Good game. Refs were good. No other way to put it.
Heisenberg2010 Wrote:Great game, 5 second call really hurt cordia, what is everybody's opinion on the call?

I did see,but the referee did. Does anyone have a video?
Excellent game
Heisenberg2010 Wrote:From what i heard on the radio Rhodes had a good game plan gotta give credit where it is due, but congrats PCC can't wait for the championship game

Rhodes had an excellent game plan. He had his team in position to win at the end. Congrats to perry. I said the winner of this game would win region.
I am impressed with the 14th Region refs. At least they let the kids play. Our 13th Region refs want to be the spot light instead of the players.

I just saw the replay. I don't believe that was the correct call, when the offensive player made a cut to his left and then moved back to his right, the defender lost contact with the offensive player. The official should have started the count over, but clearly did not.
bear claw Wrote:I am impressed with the 14th Region refs. At least they let the kids play. Our 13th Region refs want to be the spot light instead of the players.

These were 15th region ref's
Congrats to the Commodores on surviving!!!!

Congrats to the Cordia Lions on a hard faught game!!!!

3rd Time Rematch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not even close to being a Cordia fan, but they fought all night and I really thought they were going to win..impressive.

However, I'm not sure that gym could have stood a Knott\Cordia final.
Cordia showed they can play with even the legit teams in the 14th!!!... But congrats to Pcc, should be a great championship game!!!!
On of the hardest fought games I have seen in A long time!! If Cordia could press all game like they did the biggest part of the 2nd half they would walk out of this region. Not sure how many seniors they have I know King and Emanuel are but they say the 2 that didn't play this year are more than capable of filling thier spots. Who transfers in and out will determine how good they will be next year. Sets up for an interesting game tonight. I say Dores by 9!!!!!
How did Beverly play against the PG from Cordia? I love to watch him play, he is such a smart player.
FIRST Wrote:How did Beverly play against the PG from Cordia? I love to watch him play, he is such a smart player.

I don't remember the final stats...
but he had 18 points at the half if that tells you anything.

It was a great call and you gotta give it to Austin Pray for getting up in his face that close to the half-court line.

Owootoah kept trying to pick a spot to get by Austin didn't bite on anything and froze the kid.

And everyone please SHUT UP about the refs. Perry got a calls in the first half, third quarter was called right down the middle and Cordia was allowed to do whatever they wanted in the fourth quarter.

So it all comes out in the wash at the end.
The refs were good imo this game zaga.And the five second call didn't completely. determine the game.I'm the biggest chs fan their is and that call was legit. I just hope they call like they did last night tonight. Let the kids determine the game. Once again congrats perry.
SEKYFAN Wrote:I just saw the replay. I don't believe that was the correct call, when the offensive player made a cut to his left and then moved back to his right, the defender lost contact with the offensive player. The official should have started the count over, but clearly did not.

You do not have to maintain contact to keep the count alive. You merely have to remain within six feet of the ball handler. The count also stays live through defensive switches as long as they get within six feet.
Congrats Dores.

I have to give it to Coach Rhodes, he knows how to coach and I believe it's only a matter of time before he has a regional championship
I tried to post my recap earlier and after I was nearly finished my tablet crapped out and erased it...

but here we go.

Rhodes had a very nice defensive game plan coming into this one. They weren't going to be able to consistently play Braxton or the bigs straight up so they decided to rough them up and play dirty. I don't mean that in an offhanded way, they were just overly physical and you can tell by the amount of FTs Braxton shot and the foul count being high across the board and one Lion fouling out early in the fourth.

There was one technical assessed to Cordia's bench for having multiple coaches on the floor at once after being given a warning. Rhodes was fired up for this one and if he hadn't listened to his assistant on two separate occasions he would have been tossed for going at the refs. He quit listening to his emotions in the second half and really coached a great game. I gained some respect for him as a coach last night, when I had a lot of questions about his ability going into the game.

They turned up the heat in this one when Braxton was in the locker room getting medical attention after taking a shot to the face on a layup. They survived without him and when he got back in they tried to deny him the ball and trap him whenever he touched it. Cordia is the one team in the region that is capable of pressing Perry Central and they did very well with it last night.

The 5-second call killed Cordia...
they were down one and they had called a TO to actually set a play up this time and everyone knew they were holding for one shot. Then Dalton went 1-2 from the Line and they tried to go for the three to win and I couldn't tell if it was partially blocked by Beatty or if Owootoah was too off-balanced to get it to the rim. Did anyone get a good look at it?

I also want to add that Beatty came up huge in this one when Perry needed him too. He had a couple of plays when they were denying Braxton that he took it coast-to-coast by himself. He's as fast as anyone in the region.
How often is the 5 second call made in high school?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:How often is the 5 second call made in high school?

It's more often called than it is in High School than it is anywhere else.

Either way it goes it isn't called a lot though...
and typically when it's called it is called on the inbound and not in a closely guarded situation.

But when teams are trying to wind down for one shot or hold the ball - refs are constantly on the look for a 5-second call. It's just hard to get one because usually a PG can drive past a defender and get further than six feet away before 5 seconds goes by.
Pages: 1 2