Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2013 Pike County Central Hawks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Henry Clay (Pike County Bowl)
Williamsburg
Letcher County Central
Perry County Central
Lawrence County
Belfry
Sheldon Clark
Prestonsburg
Fairview
Morgan County

This is the apparent 2013 schedule for Pike Central from someone that I know and is very close to the school.

Very stout schedule, and a major improvement over years past.

Pike Central returns a very experienced group as I believe they only lost around 6 seniors to graduation.

Plus, they have a very solid core of 8th graders coming in that should compete immediately at the varsity level.

Thoughts on the schedule?
Sounds like you will have to find a head coach. This site suggest that he will be at LCC
As a DC with Holcomb.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Sounds like you will have to find a head coach. This site suggest that he will be at LCC

If this is true then that would explain the difficult schedule. I see this as a 0-10 season.
0-10 is not out of the realm of possibility.

Good luck Hawks
Glad to see PC beefed up the schedule, but probably would have been better served to have played the schedule this years in 09-11 and those schedules the next couple.

Having said that, this will make them better.
Pike County Bowl has finally gone split series. Each team will play an out of area team.
Wow I cant believe this schedule. He must be leaving
I highly doubt it.
The 2013 schedule is confirmed:

August 30th: Henry Clay (Pike County Bowl)
September 6th: Williamsburg (Away)
September 13th: Letcher County Central (Home)
September 20th: Prestonsburg (Home)
September 27th: Morgan County (Away)
October 4th: Fairview (Home)
October 11th: Lawrence County (Home)
October 18th: Sheldon Clark (Away)
October 25th: Belfry (Home)
November 1st: Perry County Central (Away)

Week Zero: Bye
Lawrence County and maybe Morgan County are winnable... the rest they're gonna need some luck.
Wow, tough schedule.
With all the rumors and now looking at their confirmed schedule, I'd bet my house Chapamn is not coming back, jack.
He's not leaving.
I really hope coach is not leaving, that would just stink.
2nd I love the schedule.
Plenty of bulliten board material in this thread that should motivate the Hawks. I can only speak for myself though by saying I wasn't trying to be a jerk when I said 0-10 was possible. I could see them winning 3 or 4 games if things go well.

J-Rod, are the fans of the program happy with Chapman?
Lets no count the ducks in a row yet. I mean Holcomb is good and starting as the new head coach there at LCC but Chapman is doing good at PCC and dont see him giving it up this year. Maybe in a couple years he may go join Holcomb but, don't see it this year.
Sure, not really heard anyone complain.

IMO, he's brought a good deal of success to the program that has lacked pretty much since the school has existed.

I know the schedule is rough, but I'm actually really excited for it...if anything, we might not have the greatest of records, but it will toughen our kids up come playoff time.
I think PC will go 5-5.
That's 5 beatdowns and 5 regular losses.
I've seen both sides of the fence pertaining to PCC schedule or any schedule for that matter. Which is better? A weaker schedule going 7-4 and have people saying you really haven't beaten anyone good and your schedule is weak or having a tougher schedule and going 2-9 and people saying you are terrible. I realize it doesn't mean anything what people "think" or "say" but kids react to things they hear. I do think that getting beat year in and year out by big margins takes on the form of a losing attitude and becomes almost hereditary.
Losing begets losing.

Schedules should be challenging and each week there should be a realistic opportunity to win.

IMO, this schedule doesn't fall between those lines but best of luck to PCC.
Dont see Chapman leaving this season if he was going to go he will let Holcomb get settled in there for a year or so before he went. Also think the the Morgan and Pike central should be a good game. Been a long time if ever since they played each other.
Pretty tough schedule for the Hawks...
Think I'll go with a 7-3 season for these boys/Think they got things to prove and all
The hawks will have a rough road but if I know Chapman he will have his guys ready to compete. Chapman needs to let someone run the offense and let him go back to coaching defense. last year they put up the points but couldnt stop anyone. Or he needs to go after someone that knows his system as a defensive coordinator. I'm sure some of those Breathitt assistant coaches are sweating it out right now with the lay off slips coming. Just bring em on over to Pike Central
Butt I hope PC does have a great season even tho there schedule may be a bit out wack!
J-Rod Wrote:Henry Clay (Pike County Bowl)
Williamsburg
Letcher County Central
Perry County Central
Lawrence County
Belfry
Sheldon Clark
Prestonsburg
Fairview
Morgan County

This is the apparent 2013 schedule for Pike Central from someone that I know and is very close to the school.

Very stout schedule, and a major improvement over years past.

Pike Central returns a very experienced group as I believe they only lost around 6 seniors to graduation.

Plus, they have a very solid core of 8th graders coming in that should compete immediately at the varsity level.

Thoughts on the schedule?
your right. PC will have a good team this year, but they will have a really hard schedule. They already have some great players, but the 8th grade thats coming up has some great players to. Heres the players i know and what i think they will play. Blake Wallace as WR or SS. He can catch really good, but as SS he's ok at. Stone Harris at WR and CB. He can catch but he can play CB really good to. Chris Gunter FB and MLB well wee all know he can play both. Dylan Colman at RB and OLB. He's a really good runningback and isn't afraid to hit head on, and he's a good OLB he can hit hard. Paul Grigsby WR and FS. He's can catch but his rout running is what messes him up, but a FS he's really good at. Don't Qoute me on this, but these are the place where these player will play at.
These kids are coming up to maybe become pike centrals state boys, if they can overcome there fear of hitting. You can look at a bit of the 8th grade boys hits an runs on youtube!
this past season was pretty good for the central middle team.
they are a fast group for there size! as i have seen and watched them through there season.
The Hawks have lost speed on there team this coming season, most have buffed up this spring and lost little..and also heard Chris Gunter, Dylan Coleman, and John Murphy are moving schools? Anyword on that?
Pages: 1 2