Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2013 Pike County Central Hawks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Xplay Wrote:The Hawks have lost speed on there team this coming season, most have buffed up this spring and lost little..and also heard Chris Gunter, Dylan Coleman, and John Murphy are moving schools? Anyword on that?

I spoke to those 3 today.

Chris said that he is staying at PC.

Dylan & John are unsure right now.
Where would they go?
Where is John and Dylan going?
As arrogant as this sounds

For a lot of schools there are humps, humps they can't get over. For Belfry, it sits 4 hours away in Louisville and we get one chance to play them a year IF WE'RE LUCKY. A few years ago, for Johnson Central it sat in Northern Kentucky in the form the Highlands. Unfortunately for Pike Central, their issue sits 15 minutes away inside their very own district. It's possible one day they will beat Belfry, no one knows when it could happen, but unfortunately the latest they can meet if I'm not mistaken is the second round? In the most likely scenario that is. The problem is, Pike Central's 8th grade that has been one of their bright spots the past couple of years went 0-2 against the kids that will be playing for Belfry in the next 4 years, a 14-8 loss at the very beginning of the season, and a 29-6 loss late in the year. Not to mention a county loss to Pikeville who BMS went on to beat 21-0, and a state tournament loss to Corbin who Belfry went on to beat 29-0. That's the biggest issue facing the Hawks, while they have improved LEAPS AND BOUNDS in the Chapman era, to the rest of the state and non-Central supporters no one is impressed. They've yet to beat anyone they shouldn't have beaten. This schedule gives them that chance. It also gives them a chance to beat Belfry, because it is at Pike Central this year and Belfry will be VERY young defensively. However, Belfry is one of the top 3 on PC's schedule while Pike Central is one of the bottom 4 on Belfry's.

However, it's only natural for the kids to maybe want to go to Pikeville, or Belfry. Close quarters and much better likelihood of a state title. Pike Central getting over their hump would mean challenging for region. Belfry getting over ours would bring home a gold trophy and rings for all.. and for Pikeville if they can get past Hazard, there's Mayfield, but as far as chance to compete for a title you have to say Pike Central has the third best chance in Pike County. You can't throw a ton of freshman on the field that were pretty good in 8th grade and expect to compete with a pretty good schedule... that goes even for Belfry for a squad of kids who went 17-0 and recorded 8 shut outs... as well as didn't have the varsity D scored on from the 2nd game to the 2nd to last.

The future looks pretty good for Central, the program is much improved... unfortunately, the hump still exists for now.
Xplay Wrote:Where is John and Dylan going?

Not sure about Dylan.

John mentioned Pikeville.

But as I mentioned, nothing is confirmed...just unsure right now.
pike central well be really good the next couple of years they got a lot of talented 8th graders coming up chris gunter is a really good fb and mlb and dylan coleman a good rb olb blake wallace a good wr and ss stone harris a good wr and cb and paul grigsby hes alrigh hes really clumsy and cant run his routes that good but if he works on it he well be good and they have some good line men and pike central well beat belfry somtime if they keep getting better and work hard!!!
I would love to here where Dylan Coleman is going? Pike Central would have a chance at state with these three boys if they would stick togerther! With Chris Gunter and his great hitting, Dylan Coleman's really fast speed and agility, and John Murphy's amazing blocking skills!
Good luck Pike central!
and chris gunter's trucking skills and dylan coleman's good hitting skills on defence and jhon murphy's good tackling skills
Xplay Wrote:I would love to here where Dylan Coleman is going? Pike Central would have a chance at state with these three boys if they would stick togerther! With Chris Gunter and his great hitting, Dylan Coleman's really fast speed and agility, and John Murphy's amazing blocking skills!
Good luck Pike central!

Your dreaming if you think 3 players will get you past the Big Red Machine across the hill from you. You better be strong at 22 positions to get past the Pirates.
Belfry0304 Wrote:As arrogant as this sounds

For a lot of schools there are humps, humps they can't get over. For Belfry, it sits 4 hours away in Louisville and we get one chance to play them a year IF WE'RE LUCKY. A few years ago, for Johnson Central it sat in Northern Kentucky in the form the Highlands. Unfortunately for Pike Central, their issue sits 15 minutes away inside their very own district. It's possible one day they will beat Belfry, no one knows when it could happen, but unfortunately the latest they can meet if I'm not mistaken is the second round? In the most likely scenario that is. The problem is, Pike Central's 8th grade that has been one of their bright spots the past couple of years went 0-2 against the kids that will be playing for Belfry in the next 4 years, a 14-8 loss at the very beginning of the season, and a 29-6 loss late in the year. Not to mention a county loss to Pikeville who BMS went on to beat 21-0, and a state tournament loss to Corbin who Belfry went on to beat 29-0. That's the biggest issue facing the Hawks, while they have improved LEAPS AND BOUNDS in the Chapman era, to the rest of the state and non-Central supporters no one is impressed. They've yet to beat anyone they shouldn't have beaten. This schedule gives them that chance. It also gives them a chance to beat Belfry, because it is at Pike Central this year and Belfry will be VERY young defensively. However, Belfry is one of the top 3 on PC's schedule while Pike Central is one of the bottom 4 on Belfry's.

However, it's only natural for the kids to maybe want to go to Pikeville, or Belfry. Close quarters and much better likelihood of a state title. Pike Central getting over their hump would mean challenging for region. Belfry getting over ours would bring home a gold trophy and rings for all.. and for Pikeville if they can get past Hazard, there's Mayfield, but as far as chance to compete for a title you have to say Pike Central has the third best chance in Pike County. You can't throw a ton of freshman on the field that were pretty good in 8th grade and expect to compete with a pretty good schedule... that goes even for Belfry for a squad of kids who went 17-0 and recorded 8 shut outs... as well as didn't have the varsity D scored on from the 2nd game to the 2nd to last.

The future looks pretty good for Central, the program is much improved... unfortunately, the hump still exists for now.

true, we'll have to wait and see. but i think if the hawks are going to beat the pirates anytime soon it'll be due to seth conn who is going to be in 8th next year, kids a player.

also, i know this doesn't matter but i watched the belfry vs pikeville 8th grade game this year and pikeville scored twice on belfry first team D.
Once Seth gets to high school he will get a taste of what real hitting feels like, an clearly didnt get that in middle school!
im a pike central supporter along with most of you but you guys are dreaming if you think one good middle school class will make pike central a state contender. especially you people on here just talking about 3 kids. 3 kids will do nothing for a football team it takes 22 players like those three to beat belfry
But you have to understand just one player could change the whole game?
stone,blake,and paul are amazing recievers, just needs a good qb.
i seen rayquan from belfry kill chris gunter.
austin salyer and rayquan horton are better than chris dylan and john.
they all wont do anything in highschool, they shoud all quit
Belfry0304 Wrote:As arrogant as this sounds

You are right on the money.
Off topic but if anyone sees a orange PIKE CENTRAL hat at a yard sale or a cheap place like that would you get it for me.

I will send the money down to you.

Thanks
chris gunter sucks Wrote:austin salyer and rayquan horton are better than chris dylan and john.
they all wont do anything in highschool, they shoud all quit

You realize that you are talking about kids right?
Football111 Wrote:true, we'll have to wait and see. but i think if the hawks are going to beat the pirates anytime soon it'll be due to seth conn who is going to be in 8th next year, kids a player.

also, i know this doesn't matter but i watched the belfry vs pikeville 8th grade game this year and pikeville scored twice on belfry first team D.

You are correct, that was the 3rd game of the season (my mistake) ... the Panthers scored 16 in the first half.. the first team D was not scored on again past that point until the State Semi-Finals against TT Knight.
Seth Conn is a stud, he has some parts of his game that need work but he will be a lot to handle for Belfry in the future.
You all will see the outcome of the players that have been brought to pike central, but you are right these are kids, that can play at the varsity level. Plus I would love to see pikeville play PC in highschool, wouldn't stand a chance, and if belfry thinks they won't have a challenge against PC, they have another thing coming!
Also off topic has anyone heard about John an Dylan? Jw?
^ This coming season? I would bet the deed to my house that Belfry will win by 4 TD's.
Does anyone know for sure which players have left and if any new players have moved into the area to play for P.C.C?
Thats what i am trying to figure out as well? And yes this coming season? Belfry will NOT, blow out PC!
Xplay Wrote:Thats what i am trying to figure out as well? And yes this coming season? Belfry will NOT, blow out PC!

How many times in the history of the series has PC stayed within 4 TD's of Belfry? That you can count on one hand.

How many times in the history of the series has PC had a chance to win?
That you can count on one finger.. Belfry's weakest team of the past decade and Pike Central's best team of all-time potentially.

If Vegas was setting a line it would read Belfry by 28-35 points...

PCC will be improved this year..they were very young last year... but what has been apparent over the course of the series still rings true. PCC simply does not have the depth of talent, and especially don't have the depth up front.. to go toe to toe with Belfry for a full 4 Quarters.

PCC's feeder system is on the right track and having Keith May will work wonders there. But until PCC can get to the point that they can platoon a separate O-Line and D-Line with interchangeable pieces coming off the bench... Belfry is simply going to physically exhaust them each and every single year. The only way you get there is to keep numbers up, have a strong weight training and conditioning program, and have a feeder system that churns well prepared players like a machine.
^ post more often old friend. You make a lot of sense.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:How many times in the history of the series has PC had a chance to win?

I know of 1, that being the 2009 game.

PC led that game going into the 4th quarter.

The 2010 game wasn't a complete blowout either...but just sayin'
2013 WYMT Pigskin Preview: Pike County Central Hawks

PIKEVILLE, Ky. (WYMT) - Chemistry. Pike Central has it.

"A lot of players had mohawks last year. Uh, I didn't get one last year, so I figured I'll be the first one to get one this year," says junior wide receiver Chris Wesley.

Poise. Pike Central has it.

"We got a tough schedule but no matter what, we just got to keep working every day as hard as we can, says quarterback Mac Justice.

Tenacity. Pike Central has that too.

"We have more experience coming back," says senior running back Marcus Johnson. "We are not as young as we was and we have a lot more intensity coming into the season, and we have a lot more people that's fundamentally right."

Despite finishing runner-up behind Belfry the last two seasons, the Hawks think they can be the ones on top this year.

"We can meet Belfry in the regional, and if we get past Belfry, we could go to state and we could win it," says Johnson.

Along with Johnson, who rushed for more than 1,300 yards in 2012, most of the skill players are back, but losing three lineman will be a challenge to fight through.

"Last season, I personally had a problem with staying low," reflects lineman Alexander Peters. "I worked on that a lot. Just being smarter."

Perhaps the most positive asset coming back will be junior quarterback Justice. He completed 151 passes for close to 2,500 yards in 2012, and his heart is charged up for 2013.

"I hope you are saying that this is the best Pike Central football team you have ever seen," says Justice. "Past couple years, we have come runner up in the district. We just need to take the next step, get to Belfry, take care of them."

The Hawks will open up the season at Belfry, but they will be playing Henry Clay as part of the Pike County Bowl. As far as the game against Belfry, well, they will have to wait until October 25th.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...97331.html
Pages: 1 2