Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 16th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
How do you see the region paning out? Top teams, top players!
1. Fleming County
2. Russel County
3. Rowan County
4. Elliott County

These teams may not be in order of the best records, but I believe these 4 teams will be the teams that win out. They are all playing better down the stretch. Any one of these teams could be Region champ on any given night.

:Thumbs:
Lizzard Wrote:1. Fleming County
2. Russel County
3. Rowan County
4. Elliott County

These teams may not be in order of the best records, but I believe these 4 teams will be the teams that win out. They are all playing better down the stretch. Any one of these teams could be Region champ on any given night.

Not in the 16th.
It's better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Fleming County and Russell are the favorites. Boyd County may currently be playing the best basketball. Morgan County, Rowan County and Ashland Blazer have a chance.

Elliot county has no shot.

Top players
Kyle Skaggs - Russell
Austin Hunt - Boyd County
Troy Steward - Fleming County
Darion Burns - Fleming County
Boyd County will be a contender if they can keep the intensity up on both ends of the floor , most teams don't have Boyds depth to deal with them and there shooting !!!! Good Luck to all in the region and at Rupp !!!!
Boyd Co has the pieces but i just cant see them being able to beat Russell again in regional play this time not to mention they are not able to really guard fleming well enough....Fleming Co will lead the 16th into Rupp borrowing an unbelievable tourney by Kyle Skaggs in the head
I have to say that this regional tournament will be exceptionally competitive. Of course you have to assume that Russell and Fleming County are somewhat favored depending on which teams you've seen each play. But there is definitely many other teams who have great odds, such as Boyd County, Morgan County, Ashland Blazer, East Carter, and maybe even Rowan County. I don't believe any team that makes it to Ellis T. Johnson Arena will walk through to the finals, there have been too many close games between top teams and even between top teams and somewhat dark horse teams. I have to admit my confusion about the 16th. It's kind of like the NBA, any team seems to be able to win on any given night.
Jarons Wrote:Not in the 16th.

Russell is in the 16th.
Lizzard Wrote:Russell is in the 16th.

Russell is. Russell County isn't.
2. [B]Russel County[/B]
3. Rowan County
4. Elliott County

This is your original post. Russell County is not in the 16th.
Jarons Wrote:This is your original post. Russell County is not in the 16th.

I failed to see that I had put "county" after Russell. I was wrong on that.
Russell County is in Region 4.

Russell Independent is in Region 16.

:thatsfunn
Ashland Blazer has a shot at this region IMO!
Curveball 24 Wrote:Ashland Blazer has a shot at this region IMO!

On paper they really do, but coach bigs might need to slow it down and utilize his superior height.
Ashland has the best pure athlete In the region in Dixon. #1 rated sophomore In the state. They just beat Rowan and Elliot. I agree Fleming and Russell are the favorite. But much like Elliot counties first regional title a few years ago. Ashland is the team neither of them want on there side of the bracket.
No way is Elliott a top team in the 16th .
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Ashland has the best pure athlete In the region in Dixon. #1 rated sophomore In the state. They just beat Rowan and Elliot. I agree Fleming and Russell are the favorite. But much like Elliot counties first regional title a few years ago. Ashland is the team neither of them want on there side of the bracket.

I read an online article which said that Dixon's family moved to Huntington, West Virginia to be near his sister who plays at Marshall University and that he played freshman ball for Huntington High School.

The article quoted a coach as saying that Dixon was one of the better athletes in the region since Mayo. Although I would say that any comparison to Mayo, who was in the region as a seventh and eighth grader, is a rather exaggerated stretch, it is interesting that both "relocated" to the Ashland area from Huntington. Truthfully, how did Dixon end up in Ashland?
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Ashland has the best pure athlete In the region in Dixon. #1 rated sophomore In the state. They just beat Rowan and Elliot. I agree Fleming and Russell are the favorite. But much like Elliot counties first regional title a few years ago. Ashland is the team neither of them want on there side of the bracket.
I'm curious to see this kid to see if you're blowing smoke like you do in the football forum. Coming with my brother tonight to see JC.
Memo Luna Wrote:I read an online article which said that Dixon's family moved to Huntington, West Virginia to be near his sister who plays at Marshall University and that he played freshman ball for Huntington High School.

The article quoted a coach as saying that Dixon was one of the better athletes in the region since Mayo. Although I would say that any comparison to Mayo, who was in the region as a seventh and eighth grader, is a rather exaggerated stretch, it is interesting that both "relocated" to the Ashland area from Huntington. Truthfully, how did Dixon end up in Ashland?

Drove in a car down Rt. 52.
^^^lol!
Leaping Lee Wrote:Drove in a car down Rt. 52.

Who was Driving?
2. Russel County
3. Rowan County
4. Elliott County

Rowan? They've lost 4 of 5. Seem to be struggling to me. Elliott has NO shot to win the region.
Leaping Lee Wrote:Drove in a car down Rt. 52.

Cute. If that is the case, who paid for the gasoline?
UPIKEFAN Wrote:I'm curious to see this kid to see if you're blowing smoke like you do in the football forum. Coming with my brother tonight to see JC.

Has no perimeter game. Everything predicated on getting to the rim.
Blacktop Wrote:Who was Driving?

:Clap: well done
HD28 Wrote:Has no perimeter game. Everything predicated on getting to the rim.

That pretty much nails it.
HD28 Wrote:Rowan? They've lost 4 of 5. Seem to be struggling to me. Elliott has NO shot to win the region.

Those four losses were all close losses to Fleming County, Russell, Mason County and Ashland Blazer. Rowan has a shot.

Elliott County doesn't.
Region this year is looking like it is very wide open. While obvious that Fleming and Russell have probably the most talent and should be the favorites there are some teams who are coming along at the right time of the year. Boyd County has some really nice wins as of late and Ashland had a good win over Johnson Central tonight and I am sure that Coach Biggs will have them coming together by district. Also, Rowan has some talent too but has a tough time matching up with some of the better teams like Fleming and their intense defense. In a tournament setting I give Fleming the edge with their guard play and consistent defense they play on most nights but this year I don't see a clear cut dominant team like the 16th Region has had in most years past. Once a team gets to the regional tournament all they have to do is get on a three game winning streak, and this year it looks like there are a few that could do that.
Memo Luna Wrote:Cute. If that is the case, who paid for the gasoline?

I know they are black so obviously they aren't allowed to buy gasoline. This isn't Dixie masser.
Pages: 1 2 3 4