Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Big Men in the 15th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Who do you think are the top 3 big men in the Region?
Anthony Coleman will be dominate this year for East Ridge, not too sure about other 15th schools.
John Johnson for Valley,if he decides to play this year
well I dont know if he's top 3 but Pikeville will have the adams kid again this year and he is big..!
Josh Martin-Ac
Trai Whitt-BL
NYY10 Wrote:John Johnson for Valley,if he decides to play this year

I heard he wasnt playing anything this year.
Anthony Coleman
Cameron Crazy Wrote:Anthony Coleman will be dominate this year for East Ridge, not too sure about other 15th schools.
He is a decent high school player but no one that East Ridge has returning will "dominate" this year!!
Cameron Crazy Wrote:I heard he wasnt playing anything this year.
What a waste of a good athlete!! I guess he is going to concentrate on those tough classes at SV.
gish_7 Wrote:Josh Martin-Ac
Trai Whitt-BL
Listen to this man, should be a matchup to look foward to next year in the 58th.:Thumbs: :Thumbs:
Cameron Crazy Wrote:I heard he wasnt playing anything this year.

Im for sure that he is play football
Trai Whitt could be the best if he actually tries and plsys with all his talent
Trai Whitt could be the best if he actually tries and plays with all his talent
Are there any true big men in the 15th 6'-4" or bigger, in the past few years someone 6'-2" was considered a big man
There are no "big men" in the 15th Region!!!
Trai Whitt is 6'7'' or 6'8''...and Josh Martin is about 6'4''...thats about as big as it gets in the 15th
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:There are no "big men" in the 15th Region!!!
Pikeville will have a 6'8 big man in the post next season. He has a ways to go before he will be really good but he will only be a sophmore. At least he will have legit "big man" size!!
Lucas Herrall for East Ridge is 6'6'' but he lacks the weight.
gish_7 Wrote:Trai Whitt is 6'7'' or 6'8''...and Josh Martin is about 6'4''...thats about as big as it gets in the 15th
Is Whitt really that big?? I didn't realize he was that tall.
bball fan Wrote:Pikeville will have a 6'8 big man in the post next season. He has a ways to go before he will be really good but he will only be a sophmore. At least he will have legit "big man" size!!

Size is it. He has a heckuva long way to go to be considered a "good" big man.
alfus21 Wrote:Size is it. He has a heckuva long way to go to be considered a "good" big man.
i agree but if he works hard then he will be good he has thas the size to be a great big man in the 15th........
I'd say he still has a few more inches to grow to, he's only a sophomore.
alfus21 Wrote:Size is it. He has a heckuva long way to go to be considered a "good" big man.

To be a moderator on BGR, you sure are very negative!!! I wouldn't think that a moderator would be allowed to criticize young players like you do. Oh well!!
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:There are no "big men" in the 15th Region!!!

Agreed, out of the best ""Big Little Men"" for the upcomming season I'd have Whitt-BL at the top of the list(best big man returning). I think hes a little smaller than origionally posted though maybe 6'5 at best unless a growth spurt hit him after last season..Just My thoughts. he's prolly the best though

Wh are some that are under the radar??.
When is the last time you watched him play?? Because he didn't play much at all next year. I bet when you watch him the next time you will say he is improving fast. The main point of the whole conversation is that he is 6'8 and just a sophomore. Now, will he be a Todd May or a JR Vanhoose? Maybe not, but he already has the hard part, the size, which is hard to find in the 15th. Let's just hope that Williams and May can develope him!!
Moe Wrote:Agreed, out of the best ""Big Little Men"" for the upcomming season I'd have Whitt-BL at th top. I think he a little smaller than origionally posted though maybe 6'5 at best unless a growth spurt hit him after last season..Just My thoughts. he's prolly the best though

Wh are some that are under the radar??.
Magoffin has a couple of little guys inside that play big.
bball fan Wrote:Magoffin has a couple of little guys inside that play big.
Some scrappy little guys is typical MC basketball, the coaches get the best of what they got..Danny Adams was a genius at this during his term as head coach for the Hornets or should I say the Runnin Hornets.of MCHS..and Coach West seems to be carrying on that tradition.
Coach Adams was alot of fun to "watch" coach. Really animated. But he knew what he was doing.
bball fan Wrote:The main point of the whole conversation is that he is 6'8 and just a sophomore. Now, will he be a Todd May or a JR Vanhoose? Maybe not

Maybe not??? Smile Definitely not.... I can't believe anyone would make that comparison...

bball fan Wrote:but he already has the hard part, the size, which is hard to find in the 15th.

But he lacks something else that you can't teach and that's coordination...
The King Wrote:Maybe not??? Smile Definitely not.... I can't believe anyone would make that comparison...

I dont think anyone was making that comparison. Untill people can be cloned, there wont ever be another Todd May or J.R. Vanhoose. My prediction is, after Christmas break next season, no one will be even in his league in this region. He is getting bigger, stronger, and gaining LOTS more confidence. Plus he has something that not many big kids in this whole state has. He has a Todd May showing him stuff and playing against in open gym.

The King Wrote:But he lacks something else that you can't teach and that's coordination...

I dont understand why everyone says he has a coordination problem. I know others his age and grade my be better than he is, but then again, they are not 6'9" either. But for his age and size, anyone who says he has a big problem are either short or dont know what they are talking about.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5