Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Big Men in the 15th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Would Shane Grimm be considered Paintsville's bigman this upcoming season?? He's a good shooter but he also plays bigger than he actually is.
Moe Wrote:Would Shane Grimm be considered Paintsville's bigman this upcoming season?? He's a good shooter but he also plays bigger than he actually is.

idk about the other veiwers but i would say he is lol.
o no i think bballonlyfan just burnt you :flame: Smile
that was funny thats why i like this site
wait what bout the other guys besides valley players and pikeville players how bout that raymond jones from sf:rockon:
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:At least he does have someone else talking about him besides himself and not making up 20 names so he can get his name out. But it will be interesting, I filmed the game between the Valley all star 15 year old freshmans playing against Pikevilles 15 year old sophmore. It wil lbe posted in the image gallery area on here. So everyone can see if Deven sucks, and he outplayed you, what does that say about you?
where is their an image gallery at on here ???
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:There are no "big men" in the 15th Region!!!

Trevor Patton is 6'7 or 6'8 ! For Prestonsburg

1)Trai Whitt-BLHS
2)Trevor Patton-PBURG
3)???
yes trevor is big but from what i recall it was Deven adams that tipped the ball in over him at the buzzer during one of the scrimmages. trust me ive even seen deven in the weight room working with the FOOTBALL team.....that my friend is how dedicated this youngster is......its a long way from here to England but if you got a plane that trip is much shorter....lets just say that weight room has wings...and deven is sitting first class........now let the arguing cease
liveMAROON Wrote:yes trevor is big but from what i recall it was Deven adams that tipped the ball in over him at the buzzer during one of the scrimmages. trust me ive even seen deven in the weight room working with the FOOTBALL team.....that my friend is how dedicated this youngster is......its a long way from here to England but if you got a plane that trip is much shorter....lets just say that weight room has wings...and deven is sitting first class........now let the arguing cease
good post you are absolutly right
Valley has 2 or 3 big Freshman
I think if you look into the 57th district, one of the strongest last year, the big men are gone. There aren't any. Last year you had Thompson, Rice, Helton, Williams, Copley, only a few of which where truly big men. I think the 57th will be a foot raced guard frenzy this year.
This is a wasted thread because they are no big men in the 15th region. The Adams kid from Pikeville couldn't start for most middle schools in Pike County.
ERblue4ever Wrote:This is a wasted thread because they are no big men in the 15th region. The Adams kid from Pukeville couldn't start for most middle schools in Pike County.

I don't know much about the Pike Co. middle school teams this upcoming season but Deven Adams will start at Pikeville. And this is the same Panther team that beat your beloved Warriors 3 times last season! Big Dev is closer to 6"10 now and I would say that would qualify him for a "Big Man" in this region full of midgets! You had better quit worrying so much about "Pukeville" and start worrying about your baby blue team. You can start with finding a coach that will come to the head of nowhere and coach them.
Hey ERblue4ever, why don't you apply??
josh martin form AC
ERblue4ever Wrote:This is a wasted thread because they are no big men in the 15th region. The Adams kid from Pikeville couldn't start for most middle schools in Pike County.

haha..oh yea..there u go
bballfan, 3wins and 9 defeats against the Warriors since East Ridge opened, not bad is it?? He might be big but he can't play. That says a lot about the Pikeville program . They go to the region one time since East Ridge opened and they didn't have a winning season last year when they went to the region. Last year was our first losing season since the school opened. We will send the rest of our rejects to Pikeville.
ERblue4ever Wrote:... We will send the rest of our rejects to Pukeville.

Keep them there, Pikeville has all they need from East Ridge....
Deven Adams
ERblue4ever Wrote:bballfan, 3wins and 9 defeats against the Warriors since East Ridge opened, not bad is it?? He might be big but he can't play. That says a lot about the Pikeville program . They go to the region one time since East Ridge opened and they didn't have a winning season last year when they went to the region. Last year was our first losing season since the school opened. We will send the rest of our rejects to Pukeville.

Yes, you are right. I finally agree with you ERblueforever. Pikeville will never beat them again. Last year was a complete fluke. I don't know what I was thinking. It will be ER and SV battling it out next year for the 59th. Pikeville doesn't stand a chance, they will be horrible. They probably won't even beat David!! Hail Warriors!!!
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:There are no "big men" in the 15th Region!!!
there is one, devon adams from pikeville is close to 7' decent player
The PF last year from Magoffin was real good, not tall but played big !
I heard today that one of the teachers at Ac had a nephew move in today from Detroit...they said he was comin out for basketball this year...supposed to be a great ball player, around 6'3'' or 6'4''...this may be what Ac needs to compete for the districe and regional title this year.
Is he moving in with his aunt and uncle or are his parents moving down also?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Is he moving in with his aunt and uncle or are his parents moving down also?

Im not sure
If he did come down from Michigan, would he be able to play if his parents didnt move with him? Didnt something like that happen at South Floyd last year with a exchange student moving in with a relative?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:If he did come down from Michigan, would he be able to play if his parents didnt move with him? Didnt something like that happen at South Floyd last year with a exchange student moving in with a relative?
It would probabily determine his situation and how the KHSAA rules it.
Devan Adams will be a force in the paint in another year.
Go Patton
To be honest and relistic, their are really no good big men in the 15th this upcoming season, I'm taking about the players who play inside that are considered big men. Maybe some will emerge this season like little from SF last season but really no one will be a force inside for any team in the region this season. It is a guard dominated region this season...jmo on this
I think your opinion may change some before the season is out Moe. Trever Patton had some bright spots this summer, just the same as Deven Adams did. I heard that Tri Whitt did good, but he must have had a off game when I seen him play this summer. You are right though. This is a guard region.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I think your opinion may change some before the season is out Moe. Trever Patton had some bright spots this summer, just the same as Deven Adams did. I heard that Tri Whitt did good, but he must have had a off game when I seen him play this summer. You are right though. This is a guard region.
I believe you are probabily right about my opinion changing. I was just basing it on last season performances..I believe someone will have to emerge as an inside presence to help their win the regional title IMO...like Kyle Rice did last season, Rice wasn't even a top 15-20 player in the preseson pools last season but was named the MVP of 15th region and was probabily a top 5 player at the end of the season. I heard Patton has played well during the summer and put on some weight which should help, but he didn't play alot last year so I cant judge him untill I see him play, as well as Adams and Trai Whitt, who I feel will be the best of the group going into the season, but is far from dominate at this point. Josh Martin from Allen Central may develope into a descent post player also with the right work. He's not gonna be a dominate player by no means but he works hard and should be able to hold his own against these guys...Their may even be some younger kids make names for themselves at the post position...who knows...But that JMO on this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5