Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LCC Footbal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wish that cougarpride08 would please stop blaming the line for a lot of the quarter back mistakes.The line can only do so much.Its not their fault when the ball is not throw good or when he can't read play's like he is most to so come on and leave the line alone they know what they need to do but does the quarter back know?????
He is just young right now they cant blame everything on the line when we played them this year and when most people played them the line missed blocks and had good blocks most of it has to do with your alls play calling by your coach
LCC's program has completely down turned since Howard retired.
LCC will be nothing again next year, sorry but it is the truth they might win 2 or 3 games next year. They paid Mccreary Central and Berea to come up here and play the next two years so that might be a couple of wins. Until they get rid of the General Rains the program will be down, he has no support from the community at all, he thinks he is better than everybody up here. There are 8th grade boys that will not be going to LCC because they don't want to play for Rains they are going over the Mtn to be a Black Bear but do you blame them??? Who would want to play for a coach like Raines he is up here to get every thing he can get from the school system and retire. Sorry but until we get a coach from around here our football program will suffer.
Bear Bryant couldn't make some of the Letcher faithful happy.
mtntopblue come out and say which of your kin you want to have the job. Rains is a proven winner. Give him a chance and he will produce. He won at Hazard which the last time I checked is close to Letcher County.
:popcorn::lame::thatsfunn we shall see!
As a parent of a LCC player, the main problem that I saw last year was some parents not liking the coach and bad mouthing him in front of their boys. The boys picked up this attitude from their parent and didnt buy into the system. I asked several players what the problems was with the Coach and the only reason they could come with was that their dad didnt like him. Could be a case of butt hurt because a certain coach was not hired. Their attitudes undermined the program and like a bunch of pouting children, they didnt care.
Hey #1 Cougar Fan, if you are going to make a thread learn to spell the name of the sport you are talking about. You must be a parent. They think they know so much about football, but they can't even spell it. Could a mod please assist in spelling football on the thread title with 2 l's please. Thank You!
Coach Rains is a good coach.
To be honest, i always thought he'd end up in this area somewhere coaching.
Give him time and he'll succeed. Some of the LCC faithful are some of the hardest to please.
Until the cancer is rooted out LCC will never turn the corner. If you don't like the way things are going over there....leave, just don't come South.
Something I learned a long time ago if a kid playing sports goes home and listens to his parents saying this and that about a coach then it shows the kid that the parents don't respect the coach so why should the kid. In building or continuing a program everybody needs to be on the same page and sometimes you don't like the coach or the way he does things but letting the kids know about that is not a good thing. Good luck to LCC next year and the years to come.
Itll be ok theyll get better with time there young
It doesn't help when a member of the staff is undermining the head coach.
If parents do not get on board they better get use to 2-9. It does not matter who the coach is.
There going to keep on over there until Jenkins' and Phelps' assistants to the assistants wouldn't want the job....
I always said you need someone these kids will put in and want to do extra for. They did it for Howard, but have they commit themselves is the question?
From what I saw, those boys better learn how to find the weightroom. They let Perry Central push them all over the place. Perry was pretty week on the Oline and DLine this year. Just sayin, get some prohormones/creatine/No Xplode and hire Paul Hughes and Klay Maggard to train your boys. You will be right in the thick of things in no time.
#1Cougarfan...would u like someone to give you their login info for hudl so you can watch the o-line jumping backwards to keep from getting hit over and over again? it may have been a combination of a lazy line, a young qb, and bad play calls, but it was DEF ALL of these things...just saying
It don't matter because when you got people that likes to put other player down the team is just going to fall farther apart.It take the whole team to win or lose. BUT I WILL CHEER THEM ON WIN OR LOSE THEY ARE THE COUGARS.
Word is Raines is leaving LCC. Had the football banquet yesterday but he didnt mention his leaving. He did not talk any about next years plans or expectations. Good luck to all graduating Seniors.
The word is he has accepted the Dunbar job. Two faculty members told me this morning. One of them is someone who is trusted, and wouldn't even talk about such things unless it is true. Heard from two other sources, but nothing is officiall. I posted it official on twitter, but I think it will be 100% for sure by the end of the week.
Here we go again! Wonder what names will come up this time for the future of LCC Football??
Should have hired someone who cares for more than money and retirement. Yea..build a program. Takes time and commitment.
I pretty much know who is coming, but will let someone else guess. All I can say is he and them board of that county is not getting alone, and almost took it last year. Hopefully it is someone who can get these boys motivated.
Best football move at LCC was when Dalton Sizemore moved to Williamsburg, Confusedmoke: THANKS
Bear_Paw Wrote:Until the cancer is rooted out LCC will never turn the corner. If you don't like the way things are going over there....leave, just don't come South.
I must say Bear Paw you surely spoke the truth and dont worry im not heading south.:Thumbs:
Name tossed around will be a mountain coach who can withstand any negatives that the job has gathered over the past few years.
Everyone knows the name tossed is Dudley Hilton. Question is does his family want to move there. Long way to get anywhere.
nope
Pages: 1 2