Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Owsley @ Hazard 12/14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts?Predictions?
8th Street Wrote:Thoughts?Predictions?

I thought Bulldogs played Owsley about a week ago. When are they going to play somebody. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Hazard by 20+
Brother Cecil Wrote:I thought Bulldogs played Owsley about a week ago. When are they going to play somebody. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.

I know they haven't played the hardest schedule to start the season but they did play Breathitt County and have Knott coming up.... Hazard plans to play football until the first of Dec every year so can't start by playing too hard of a schedule... but I would say Breathitt County is somebody...
Brother Cecil Wrote:I thought Bulldogs played Owsley about a week ago. When are they going to play somebody. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.

That was the first of three meetings between the two teams. They will also meet in the All A Classic.
Hazzard 84 Owsley 60

Because Mountain man 14 said so!
Stay tuned , Brother Cecil..Hazard will play Prestonsburg on the 18th at home, and Knott on the 20th at Knott and then it's the WYMT tournament.
Hazard Cost to an Easy win against the Owls.

Hazard- 85

Owsley- 56
Hazard handled Owsley with no problems in the opening game of the season for both teams. But Owsley's starting point guard didn't play in that game and another key player sat out much of the game in foul trouble. Still, the Bulldogs should win, but not by as large a margin as they did the first time they played. The Owls are playing better as of late and have won 3 sttaight (at Powell, at Lee, and against Wolfe at home).

Probably 15 point Hazard win is my guess.
hornaplenty Wrote:Stay tuned , Brother Cecil..Hazard will play Prestonsburg on the 18th at home, and Knott on the 20th at Knott and then it's the WYMT tournament.

Pburg? Just lost big at home to Paintsville. I also think Knott is well overrated this year. Haven't played anybody yet. But we will see on the 20th. Now they will all get competition in the WYMT. I think Hazard has an excellent team but would like to see them play a little tougher schedule. Playing the schedule they have played so far does not make them better. Peace be among us Brother Cecil.
ekff Wrote:I know they haven't played the hardest schedule to start the season but they did play Breathitt County and have Knott coming up.... Hazard plans to play football until the first of Dec every year so can't start by playing too hard of a schedule... but I would say Breathitt County is somebody...

I think even Denny would say Breathitt has been a disappointment so far this year. Also just because they play football is not an excuse. Other teams play football. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Whos the start 5 for both these teams?
Owsley has improved to the point of talking District Champions. The next step is being good enough to compete in the region. Games with Hazard, PCC and Breathitt will tell the Owls where they stand and how much work is left to be done.
Hate to tell you Brother Cecil but Hazard is top dog so far.
They will more than likely win the 14th as well..
And as far as tough schedule, like the other people said stay tuned they got a few good ones comin' up..
Breathitt was ranked #5 by WYMT and Hazard #10..
we seen what happened so you may want to direct your attention over there.
Peace be among you.
And to the topic.
Hazard by as much as they want.
Hudson will have some dunks in this game.
Brother Cecil Wrote:I think even Denny would say Breathitt has been a disappointment so far this year. Also just because they play football is not an excuse. Other teams play football. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.

The only reason it's disappointing is because what the bulldogs did to them... Not using football as an excuse but Why would hazard want to play great teams in early Dec without Hudson, Olinger, Whitaker, Combs, and Arnett... I will like to see Hazard get a test now that we're into mid-Dec... But hazard had to think Breathitt was going to be a good early test..
Hazard-75
Owsley Co-52
Its good to know a team can win by as much as they want against a good 14th region team. Don't know why you would have to "entice" Hudson to join the team if they were that good. Must feel good to load your team to the point they are unbeatable. Basketball used to be fun when it was true teams vs team instead of a yearly revolving collection of new "talent" who could care less about Hazard. Enjoy your wins, I enjoy ours much more because they are with players who love their school, the way it should be.
PapaPoof Wrote:Its good to know a team can win by as much as they want against a good 14th region team. Don't know why you would have to "entice" Hudson to join the team if they were that good. Must feel good to load your team to the point they are unbeatable. Basketball used to be fun when it was true teams vs team instead of a yearly revolving collection of new "talent" who could care less about Hazard. Enjoy your wins, I enjoy ours much more because they are with players who love their school, the way it should be.

lol
Hazard by 25
Hazard by 20+
PapaPoof Wrote:Its good to know a team can win by as much as they want against a good 14th region team. Don't know why you would have to "entice" Hudson to join the team if they were that good. Must feel good to load your team to the point they are unbeatable. Basketball used to be fun when it was true teams vs team instead of a yearly revolving collection of new "talent" who could care less about Hazard. Enjoy your wins, I enjoy ours much more because they are with players who love their school, the way it should be.

And if you have watched high school basketball in the last few years, ALL teams are doing this, not just one !!!
No, just seems to be the ones within twenty miles of Hazard. Your momma's must not have hugged you guys as childern. Must have touched a nerve. Double LOL
PapaPoof Wrote:No, just seems to be the ones within twenty miles of Hazard. Your momma's must not have hugged you guys as childern. Must have touched a nerve. Double LOL

She's touchy and your butt-hurt because your players aren't as good as the ones within 20 miles of Hazard
Jealously is a terrible thing to contend with..it's like rust, it only destroys the vessel it's in..I've watched several Hazard games and I've never seen such a happy group of young men---Hazard has 15+ kids that play and no jealously exist between the players. The 'new talent" you speak of is completed dedicated to Hazard High School and it's goal of "being all we can be" in every area. And yes, it's very enjoyable to win and we all "love" our school and each other...Have a good day, PapaPoof...
I watched your "new talent" play at Cordia last year. He looked vey happy and dedicated then too. Hope you have a good day also. FYI, I hope all the 14th region teams do well, especially when they make it to state Hazard is no exception. My point is not to degrade other schools with predictions of "they will win by as many as they want" when playing with players not from their school district.
Hazard should win this one with no problem
KyGurl Wrote:And if you have watched high school basketball in the last few years, ALL teams are doing this, not just one !!!

It goes on in all regions, including the 14th. But Hazard has been doing it for much longer than "the last few years". They couldn't have won the state title in the mid '50's without the services of Johnny Cox (although he did sit out a year due to the transfer). Correct me if I'm wrong, as I may well be because I'm not from the Hazard area, but I think all state Hazard great from the early '60's, Micky Gibson, transferred into Hazard. Hazard went to the state tournament in the early 2000's with the help of Breathitt transfer Steven Sizemore, and his sister Charlotte helped the girls team win the state in both All A and Sweet 16. I don't really count the Whitaker kid from the last Hazard state tournament teams because he came with his dad who got a job teaching/coaching at Hazard. That's just a few to mention.
So you're right, it does go on in other places. It's just that Hazard designed the blueprint many years ago. They've got all copyrights and patents on the 'How To Do's in the transfer business in the 14th region.

And back to the game. I think Hazard will defeat Owsley Friday night. The Bulldogs probably have the best team in the region, play hard for a very good coach, should have a great won-loss record this year.
^ 2006 Regional Champs All Hazard Kids.... Not saying there we were one of the great teams bc we were not but did win the region...

What about the great 86 Hazard Team? Final Four, the cheated team...I'm not for sure tho.. But 86 was one of the greatest teams...
Ballers Wrote:Hate to tell you Brother Cecil but Hazard is top dog so far.
They will more than likely win the 14th as well..
And as far as tough schedule, like the other people said stay tuned they got a few good ones comin' up..
Breathitt was ranked #5 by WYMT and Hazard #10..
we seen what happened so you may want to direct your attention over there.
Peace be among you.

I think Hazard has an excellent team. I have saw several of their games this season. Was only commenting on their strength of schedule so far. This early in the season the WYMT rankings are meaningless. But from some of your past predictions I think I will judge for my self. Hazard may very well win the region. But that's why they play the games. I do think Hazard will beat KCC next week if the officiating is good. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Pages: 1 2