Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Church 101
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Practice

I CONVERSE WITH GOD CONTINUALLY.

In a letter in the book The Practice of the Presence of God, Brother Lawrence writes, “There is not in the world a kind of life more sweet and delightful than that of a continual conversation with God. Those only can comprehend it who practice and experience it.”

I am blessed by my continual connection with the Divine. God is with me in every breath, every experience, every prayer. I practice awareness of my constant bond with God in all I do. Through this practice, I experience peace and contentment. I walk through life knowing that the presence of God goes before me, guiding and protecting me. I am blessed as I practice this “sweet and delightful” conversation with God.

Put these things into practice, devote yourself to them.—1 Timothy 4:15

:Thumbs:
Bless the Lord, you his angels,
Who excel in strength, who do His word,
Heeding the voice of His word.

Psalm 103:20

Make it a great and blessed Sunday!

Flow

THE LIFE AND STRENGTH OF SPIRIT FLOW THROUGH ME NOW.

I am relaxed by the gurgle of a peaceful stream and amazed at the thunder of a magnificent waterfall. Water flows around and over obstacles without strain. By not resisting, water finds its natural way to the sea.

Filled with Spirit’s wisdom, I know when to let go peacefully or when to gush with strength. As I center myself in the awareness of Spirit within, I flow easily past any challenges, moving naturally toward an ocean of good.

With gratitude, I affirm the power, peace, and energy of Infinite Spirit flowing through me now, and I am blessed.

He split rocks open in the wilderness, and gave them drink abundantly as from the deep. He made streams come out of the rock, and caused waters to flow down like rivers.—Psalm 78:15-16

You may need these going into the holidays.

http://www.dailyword.com/affirmations

Journey towards a horizon of hope! - Pope Francis

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/p...n-of-hope/

Spirit100 Wrote:But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Galatians 5:22

Amen...

Bares repeating...
The angel said to them,
"Do not be afraid; for see-
I am bringing you good news
of great joy for all the people."

-Luke 2:10 :Thumbs:
I love the beatitudes in Matthew 5:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
For they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
For they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
For they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
For they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
For they shall be called sons of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Available

I AM OPEN AND AVAILABLE TO RECEIVE MY GOOD.

An accident, a distressing diagnosis, a job loss—these are situations many of us would deem unfortunate or even disastrous. Yet if we stay open and available to a good outcome, we find great blessings ready and waiting for us to receive.

Today I am willing to see new possibilities unfold from any seeming difficulty. In acceptance of my humanity, I allow myself to grieve any loss as I clear inner space to receive my good. I am restored as I open to God’s abundance.

Life invites me to grow, and I am open and available to the manifestation of God’s abundant blessings at all times. As life unfolds, I look for the good in every experience.

Wait, my daughter, until you learn how the matter turns out.—Ruth 3:18

Colossians 3:12

12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Free

I AM FREE AND UNLIMITED.

Some habits or beliefs may feel so deeply rooted, we believe they will forever constrict us. We might hear ourselves saying, “That’s just the way I am” or “That’s just the way life is.”

Yet we have the power to free ourselves of any habit or belief. We can embrace our divine power—the power of the Christ within. It is ours at all times. Within us, we have the power to change and be free.

The Christ Spirit is the spirit of freedom itself. Drawing on this power, I break free from whatever binds me. I claim my unlimited and unbound potential.

Attuned to Christ in me, my hope of glory, I pray, make a new choice, and move forward to claim my good.

Do not … consider the things of old. I am about to do a new thing; now it springs forth.—Isaiah 43:18-19

Make it a blessed day BGR!
Gentleness

I AM KIND AND GENTLE WITH OTHERS.

Jesus demonstrated true gentleness of spirit in his interactions with others. He recognized the spark of divinity within all people and treated them with dignity and respect.

Inspired by this gentle treatment, I am kind, sensitive, and unhurried with others. I listen attentively and allow them to express themselves in their own unique ways. As I let go of judgment or impatience, I act peacefully and respectfully. Calm and at ease, I appreciate the importance of bringing gentleness into the world.

I treat others as I would like to be treated. I follow in the footsteps of Jesus, who exhibited a gentleness of Spirit in every way.

Let your adornment be the inner self with the lasting beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in God’s sight.—1 Peter 3:4

A friend introduced me to this. I hope it convicts you as much as it did me.

Dave Wilkerson discusses the role of anguish and the pampered society.
Spirit100 Wrote:A friend introduced me to this. I hope it convicts you as much as it did me.

Dave Wilkerson discusses the role of anguish and the pampered society.

Here's the link:

Just be blessed in Gods presence folks.

No regret from the past, mindful of the moment, no worries of the future. Our Lord and Savior has you covered.
Pray for Others

I PRAY KNOWING WE ARE ONE WITH GOD.

Before healing someone, Jesus asked if they wanted to be healed. When praying for others, I bear in mind that I may not know what is best for them. Each soul has its own divine purpose. Rather than seeking a specific outcome, I pray for their steadfast faith, strength, and inner peace.

When I pray for others, no matter how dire their circumstance may appear, I see beyond appearances and behold the Truth. I affirm they are one with the presence and power of God. I see them enfolded in love. I declare their increasing awareness of the Christ within. I see them filled with spiritual strength and fortitude, and I trust in the unfoldment of their highest good.

I pray that … he may grant that you may be strengthened in your inner being with power through his Spirit.—Ephesians 3:16
Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and [B]on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[c] will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[d] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[e] loosed in heaven.” 20 Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

Have a blessed day and give the glory to God!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15