Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Church 101
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Go smell flowers, blooms, and be thankful for the day!
Comfort

GOD’S EVER-PRESENT LOVE IS MY GREATEST COMFORT.

If I feel discouraged or anxious, I seek comfort. Outer distractions may provide temporary relief, but leave me yearning for more. To overcome negativity, I turn within to the presence of God and the truth of divine love. Through prayer, I find what I’ve been seeking—profound, enduring comfort.

As I tune in to God’s love within me, I am comforted. God and I are one. Any sense of separation from God was a false sense. God’s ever-present comfort, peace and joy are always available to me and I am enfolded in God’s love. Attuned to the presence of God, I experience the peace that passes all understanding and my soul is soothed. God is indeed my help in every need.

This is my comfort in my distress, that your promise gives me life.—Psalm 119:50

:Thumbs:
As the garden causes the things that are sown in it to spring forth.

So the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

Isaiah 61:11
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life,
And he who wins souls souls is wise. - Proverbs 11:30

A good man obtains favor from the Lord,
But a man of wicked intentions He will condemn. - Proverbs 12:2

Have a blessed Sunday bgr!
Guidance

THE GENTLE PRESENCE OF SPIRIT GUIDES AND DIRECTS ME.

In times of turmoil, I may ask myself, What am I going to do? or Why did I make that decision? I can either wrestle with these questions, becoming bogged down in worry and blame, or I can turn within and allow Spirit to guide me.

In quiet moments of prayer, I open my heart and mind to receiving direction from Spirit within. As I relax in silent contemplation, I am receptive to subtle suggestions from Divine Wisdom. When I listen with an open heart, even something as simple as an overheard remark or a line from a song on the radio may provide an answer.

The gentle presence of Spirit guides and directs me. I know what to do, and I proceed with confidence.

If we live by the Spirit, let us also be guided by the Spirit.—Galatians 5:25

Recharged
AS I PLUG INTO GOD, I AM SPIRITUALLY RECHARGED.

The activities that keep me engaged and interested in life can also at times deplete my energy. Maintaining a home, job, family, community activities, and self-care may leave me feeling overwhelmed. Relaxation may be what I need to refill and recharge my body, mind, and spirit.

Rest and recreation are vital for physical and mental health. Taking a walk or reading a book, joining friends in a game or sport—these types of activities recharge my energy and my spirit and provide a reprieve from life’s daily challenges.

To recharge my soul, I spend time centered in the indwelling spirit of God. In the quiet of meditation or the contemplation of prayer, I am guided to make choices that recharge and renew me in every way.

Revive me according to your word.—Psalm 119:25

A young boy ask his dad... "Dad, how tall was Jesus??"

The dad replied... "Son, I would guess Jesus was about 6 feet or taller."

The boy then said... "But Dad, if I'm only 3 feet tall... and if I have Jesus in my life, shouldn't He stick out all over me??"
http://www.dailyword.com/dailyword/joy-f...st-03-2013

Have a great and blessed rest of the weekend!

Set an Example

MY LIFE TELLS THE STORY OF WHO I AM.

If a child mimics me when I am not at my best, I may not like what I see. It reminds me that others see more of who I am through the way I live, than what I say I believe. To “walk my talk” means to demonstrate the peace, love, forgiveness, and abundance of which I speak.

Jesus did not wait for others to lead the way; he set the example. I follow him by forgiving myself and others when there is pain or misunderstanding. I speak words of peace when conflicts arise within me and around me. I look for the spark of the Divine in others and I connect with them in love. I bless what I have and I share generously from the unlimited abundance of Spirit. My life tells the story of who I am.

Show me your faith apart from your works, and I by my works will show you my faith.—James 2:18

Healing

DIVINE LIFE RENEWS EVERY CELL IN MY BODY.

When I have a bruise, I watch it change color as it heals. When I have the flu, I wait for the fever to break as a sign of healing. Healing may not always be visible as it progresses, but I trust Divine Life in me to restore my health.

Anytime I feel less than whole, less than peaceful, or less than joyful, I open myself to God’s healing power. Healing radiates from the wholeness that is my true nature. Centering my thoughts in the perfect life that I am, the perfect peace that I am, and the perfect joy that I am, I call this healing forth. I pray, confident of the outcome, relinquishing any doubt over how or when I will heal. What I know for myself, I also know for others. We are healed.

For you who revere my name the sun of righteousness shall rise, with healing in its wings.—Malachi 4:2
If you let it. This book can can change your life, your sons, and many generations to follow.

God bless:

http://www.rmdk.com

BTW there is also a womans version as well to benefit Moms, their daughters, and many generations to follow.
Guys please pray for my friend.
She was a close friend to me, and she was in church, and in fact teaching a Sunday School class, but now she has decided to start partying, cussing, and everything else. Please just pray that she will come back to the Lord.
^ will do MYJ. Thanks for bringing her situation to light!
Have a blessed hump day!

Switchfoot - After Life

Great christian "rock" song! Jesus seeks disciples from all walks of life. I'll work on being more inclusive to Gods childrens tastes :Thumbs:.
Switchfoot- Dark Horses

Switchfoot - The Sound

Love is the final fight!!!
http://www.dailyword.com/dailyword/divin...er-18-2013

Enjoy your weekend and make it a blessed one, guided by divine order!

Become the change you seek. - Ghandi

http://www.ntunity.org/affirmative-prayer

Meditation

IN THE SILENCE, I FEEL MY ONENESS IN SPIRIT.

Relaxing my body and mind, I enter the Silence and consciously connect with God. I turn away from the chatter of the external world and experience inner stillness. I listen with my mind and heart open to divine guidance and feel my oneness in Spirit. I am comforted.

This is a sacred time when my soul is restored, my body is revitalized, and my mind is illumined. I am at peace, inwardly and outwardly.

After this time of divine communion, my heart overflows with gratitude. I am aware of how Spirit is at work in my life. I continue my day’s activities with renewed confidence, strength, and purpose.

Whenever you pray, go into your room … and pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you.—Matthew 6:6
This series provides spiritual insights to folks from all walks off life. Many are celebrities who are believers in Christ.

"I am second" shares their journey and testimony.

Click on the FILM section in the top right to see others.

Enjoy Tony Dungy:

http://www.iamsecond.com/seconds/tony-dungy/

LOVE Tony Dungy!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15