Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cooper 17 Harlan County 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Final Class 5a playoffs state semis

Cooper 17

Harlan County 7
Final.

Cooper advance to that 5A state championship game.
Thanks for all the updates, Daniel. You were the game for a lot of us and also your final score post was the first one!
Your Welcome it should have went through faster some reason this site is laggin on me tonight:ChairHit:
Servers must be backed up.
Its lagging on me as well.
Nothing to hang your heads about black bears you had one heck of a season!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Servers must be backed up.
Its lagging on me as well.

Its moving a tad faster now!Confusednicker:
You got a guy like Carson Whitehead and you run him 5 times tops. Bad coaching on Harlan County's part. Whitehead should of got 30 touches this game and you'd had at least 3 touchdowns. Little waterbug couldnt get it done.
Great season for Bears. Congrats to Cooper.
Congrats to Cooper!
I Still LOVE The Black Bears!!! Thanks for the providing all the excitement this season and giving us something to look forward to all season long. Lord willing and if we live, I'll be back to follow you and root for you again next season.
Granny Bear and Mountain family,

Counting on you all to keep your boys picked up and on a good foot...Coopers victory tonight was well earned and they are thankful and blessed to come out of Harlan alive...

It's a game of football to be put in perspective. And if HC had won I'd ask for a ride to WKU and would have enjoyed it with you win or lose.

Chins up Black Bear nation, great effort, class, and determination.

An objective fan from NKY!
Cooper leaves Harlen Co. ALIVE and heads to Bowling Green!
Incorporate an occasional pass Coach and you would be going to Bowling Green.
When you only throw the ball like one time, and it gets picked off, your going to struggle to score against better competetion.
Congrats to Cooper
The_Rock Wrote:Incorporate an occasional pass Coach and you would be going to Bowling Green.

At one time we had thrown 2 interceptions on 2 pass attempts in the game. Yeah, we should have thrown it 15 times tonight.

I thought we moved the ball really well, but kept shooting ourselves in the foot inside the 20 yard line. Back to back false start penalties killed us late in the second quarter when we were driving to take a 14-7 lead. Take that and some other foolish penalties away and we aren't in panick mode late in the 4th, and win 21-17 (IMHO).

But give Cooper credit, they didn't panick when we drove the ball early, settled down and controlled our offensive line in the second half. Their QB kept numerous plays alive and avoided our great pass rush time after time.
Guess Harlan can cancel their trip to BG! Lol
Congrats to the Jags. It's a monumental task to travel that far and play with the passion to pull off victory in front of such passionate and loyal fans. Bears, keep your heads up, you have nothing to be ashamed of. Any team that makes it to the Final Four does not deserve a single fan making any such negative comments about a teams play calling or decisions at this time of the year. These players, coaches and fans deserve nothing but praise for what they accomplished, not what they didn't.

Good luck to the Jags next week, it would only be fitting for the winner of this game in Harlan to represent the state as the champion!
Congrats on a great season, Black Bears!
Congrats to Cooper. Well done. HC made several big mistakes in this game but continued to fight. An illegal formation negated a Bears TD. And we give up a big pass play for 6 after a 3 and 19. Those two plays were the difference in the game. I heard a lot about 3 skill kids from Cooper....but 54 can flat out play football.
Congratulations to Cooper and Good Luck in Bowling Green!

Lots of love to the Black Bears!!! You had a great season and the Black Bear Nation remains proud of you!!!
Stardust Wrote:Congrats to the Jags. It's a monumental task to travel that far and play with the passion to pull off victory in front of such passionate and loyal fans. Bears, keep your heads up, you have nothing to be ashamed of. Any team that makes it to the Final Four does not deserve a single fan making any such negative comments about a teams play calling or decisions at this time of the year. These players, coaches and fans deserve nothing but praise for what they accomplished, not what they didn't.

Good luck to the Jags next week, it would only be fitting for the winner of this game in Harlan to represent the state as the champion!

Better believe it's a monumental task!! And they came to play, too. I was so impressed with Cooper's poise under fire. And I LOVE that fan base!! There was a tremendous amount of fans there and they support their Jags!!!
So congratulations to Cooper on their win tonight; it was a hard fought victory!!

I am so proud of my Black Bears and the Black Bear Nation!!! We NEVER quite cheering and supporting our team. Congratulations on a stupendous season and thank you so much for including me.

I love my Black Bears!!

Good luck Seniors, especially #43...love you.
I didn't say it here but thanks to all the Black Bear football parents for everything you've done to bring this exciting team to us! God Bless You!
First off I want to congratulate Cooper on the win and say I'm proud of my team and they have nothing to hang their heads about. There's a lot of teams that would love to be in your position.
@The_Rock, I agree with you on the passing. While I understand the comment about the interceptions it's more about making it part of your game all year long. Until we are able to keep the other teams defense honest and keep them guessing this will be as far as we ever make it. If you don't do it on a regular basis during game situations then you're not going to be able to execute when it comes crunch time. Our guys don't have enough game time experience pass blocking and running routes. It takes time for a quarterback to get comfortable. Also for some reason it seems all of our routes are deep routes. We got beat tonight by 5 to 7 yard routes. I hate to be critical of Coach Larkey because I think he's one of the best around, but if we ever want to get past this round we need to have a different approach during the year trying to get the guys prepared for this kind of game. It's frustrating to watch our guys be every bit as good as the other teams players but because we're not capable of passing then we lose.
I don't know what it was but something said for me to change this one to Cooper on my pick'em at the last min. I was pulling for the Bears though.
^ I had nothing to base anything on from the Bears perspective, but I have been on the sideline with this Jags team, and I knew they were legitimate. My fun with the great Bears fans was all in jest, and they knew that, but I certainly knew what quality of a squad that the Jags put on the field could certainly offset the tremendous travel requirement. I said it before, I'll say it again, it's only fitting that the winner of this game go on to win the state title.

Both teams would be tremendous underdogs to Bowling Green, it would only be fitting that Cooper goes on to represent both themselves and the Bears and knocking off the Giant.
Congratulations Cooper!

They came to and like someone said I thought they would have some jet lag! I agree with Paw those two plays changed the ball game for us! Score that TD before the half and we are playing under different circumstances when the pick was thrown trying to force it to the tight end when we needed a quick score. We would have been driving for the win and not a score and a hope to get an onside kick! Makes me groan to think that we should have been trying to take the lead!

Cooper was fast on defense hats off to them represent in Bowling Geeen!

Go Bears!!!

I don't know if this is the right time and place....

But thank you to all these coaches and support staff for your time and effort to help mentor our kids. Thanks to the players....you guys are awsome! Thanks to cheerleaders, dance team, and band and your coaches for giving us entertainment during the game.

To the seniors...boy were you a great bunch and no doubt will be special people throughout your lives. To the underclass men continue to work hard and carry a great tradition those before you have started.

Finally to #66....I love you and am so very proud of you! I have had an absolute blast with you since the day you came into my life. I'll probably never watch another Black Bear offensive play without looking for you on the field. You are one very special kid!
I am so proud of all the players but especially the SENIORS!!!!.... Wonderful season!... I'll be there rooting for these great kids next year!... I love them and our wonderful Black Bear family!

Congrats to Cooper!... You definitely earned the win!

Thought I'd leave you all with a pic!!

BGR keeps things fun!!!

[IMG][Image: 176E0C8D-591D-463F-929A-78E548C217F6-124...77389D.jpg][/IMG]
Pages: 1 2 3 4