Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cooper 17 Harlan County 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
HHellBird Wrote:Ok, it is sad to now read posts like this, sour grapes etc. when there were so many great Harlan fans who deserve to be acknowledged about the great attitudes they showed cooper fans before, during and after the game. No excuses were used, just two fan bases knowing they were two very good teams.

Now excuses are coming out and you having the gall to say the best team did not win. You didn't hear any Cooper fan saying before the game the fact that numerous of our starters were playing sick did you? Our rb's were throwing up with the flu as they got on the bus for the long ride down, our QB also under the weather as well as our best defenseman who was sick all week long, so don't give us excuses etc. you want to go that route then be thankful Cooper wasn't playing at 100% or close to it or it may have been even worse.

Now for all the other Harlan fans, I will repeat what I said earlier, you all were awesome and great hosts for a great game. I wish every place we travel we're as great as you all have been.

This post season we have been blessed with some great fans everywhere we've played. You all were awesome and I wish you all the best next year etc.

For those that choose to make excuses, please don't stoop to that level, every team can make excuses and it isn't very fitting.

I can promise you one thing, if you beat Bowling Green at WKU, I will be the first to congratulate your team. I know it will be a much better game than last year, but I hope not Smile
Granny Bear Wrote:He sure did sandrailman!!

68 was a player from day 1.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Congrats to Cooper on the win and good luck in Bowling Green.

Black Bears, you had one heck of a season. Nothing to hang your heads about thats for sure.
I know you have one of the best fan bases on BGR. Lots of support for you guys.

Good luck next season. Its not over, its only beginning again. Hit them weights hard and get ready for it all over again.

Black Bear Mama's its been nice following your guys post all year. You gals are a class act.

We're all great cooks too!! You'll have to check that out next year Blackcat Fan!!!!
Bear_Paw Wrote:68 was a player from day 1.

There were a lot of Seniors that were a players from day1!!! Bear Paw, it may just be a good thread starter. Whaddya think??
adopted purple Wrote:I can promise you one thing, if you beat Bowling Green at WKU, I will be the first to congratulate your team. I know it will be a much better game than last year, but I hope not Smile

I believe that Cooper can win on Saturday BUT, it will take a mistake free game (those are rare) and they can't come out as flat as they started the game against HC.

I wish them all the luck in the world.
Granny Bear Wrote:We're all great cooks too!! You'll have to check that out next year Blackcat Fan!!!!

I will try and do just that. I'm the best eater around. Confusednicker:
Who turned on the lights in this stadium?
-AA+A

Mike’s Minute
By Mike Aldridge
Thursday, November 29, 2012more
On the virtual eve of the 2012-13 high school basketball season and all of the excitement that is expected this year in Harrison County in both the girls’ and boys’ programs, I want to report on my Friday night experience in Harlan County.
I think sometimes some Kentuckians look down their noses at our brothers and sisters in the southeastern part of the state.
“Barefoot Hillbillies” they are called by some of the liberal blue bloods in some cases.
Well let me tell you this about the folks in Harlan County: They know how to build a high school football stadium.
Sitting near the western edge of Harlan County near Baxter and nine miles from Evarts is a first class high school stadium that was built to play football in with an eight lane track and the areas for field events which also makes it a first class track venue.
I was there on Friday as two members of my old officiating crew, referee Joseph Ammerman and umpire Brandon Shields, were in the crew that called this game.
Joseph’s dad, Bob, and I accompanied the crew giving some guidance (whether we were asked or not) and watching because we like to watch the officials.
Randall Cooper High School played Harlan County in the semi-final round of the Class 5 playoffs hosted in the Black Bear’s stadium.
We got a special charge out of the public address person saying “Who turns the lights on at the stadium” and the crowd responding “Coal,” which was followed by the announcer saying “Harlan County Coal.”
The field was built with funds donated by some coal money people so the school and the fans are justifiably proud of coal and what it has done for them.
The field had some similarities to the Harrison County Athletic Complex with some definite advantages.
The stands were closer to the field though they had an eight lane track made of what appeared to be the same material as the track on the Hilltop.
There was no sidewalk next to the stands only entries on the sides and in the middle from behind the stadium.
It did have stands on both sides and 25 second clocks in each end zone. The concession stands were beneath the stands not in one corner of the stadium.
No one was allowed on the track just like here and still the stands were full.
Granted it was the semi finals, but they still came out to support the teams despite not being allowed on the track. The field was artificial and was of a material that led the officials to each comment that it was the best field that they had ever worked on and Bob and I also agreed.
The building project was still ongoing so the dressing facilities were not complete, but the playing surface and the stands were superb. It was well lit and of course, the electricity was paid for by coal.
By the way, Cooper won the game 17-7, but the Harlan County people were still proud of their boys and coal.
Granny Bear Wrote:Boys boys boys...I could list several pages of reasons/excuses why this team did this or this team did that. Ancient history!! Bottom line is we LOVE our Black Bears and the fan base at Cooper LOVE their Jaguars!! Nothing wrong with either. Last Friday night, as badly as I wanted HC to win, they didn't. Simple as that. I met several Jag fans and a Coach by the name of Bob Burnette. Some of the warmest and friendliest people I've ever met! If we had to lose, I'm glad it was to a team as CLASSY as Cooper.

Now, I hope Cooper goes to Bowling Green and beats the hell out of them!!!

Basketball season for us now, then prepping for another wonderful year of football!!

MtnHSFootballFan, I love you for defending us; I won't ever forget that either!! Thank you.

That is no problem. You gals and guys from Harlan County are especially nice and none of you were guilty and you deserved vindication. I'm just glad you got it.
Granny Bear Wrote:By the way MntHSFootballFan..... you stated the reason you edited was because you "left out his handle".

You ever CB any????

Smile

Not in many, many years.

And while, I'm writing this, I'd like to wish you and yours a Very Merry Christmas! And the same to EVERYONE in Harlan County!
Pages: 1 2 3 4