Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Barack Obama blunders again on the world stage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It could have been worse. Obama could have taken Biden along on the trip.

[INDENT]
Quote:Barack Obama blunders again on the world stage

It is only two weeks since his re-election, and his second term remains two months away, but Barack Obama is already blundering again on the world stage, with the kind of gaffes that would have been plastered on the front page of The New York Times if they had been committed by George W. Bush when he was in the White House. Obama's first term was littered with foreign policy gaffes, and there is every chance the second term will be more of the same.

On his trip to Asia this week, President Obama struggled to pronounce the name of Aung San Suu Kyi, the most prominent human rights activist in the world. As The Associated Press reports (hat tip: Drudge Report):
As Obama stood next to the world's most recognized democracy icon, he mispronounced her name repeatedly.

Ever gracious, Suu Kyi did not correct her American guest for calling her Aung YAN Suu Kyi multiple times during his statement to reporters after their meeting.

Proper pronunciation for the Nobel laureate's name is Ahng Sahn Soo Chee.

Obama also “botched” his greeting of Burma’s new president, according to the AP:

The meeting came after Obama met with Myanmar's reformist new President Thein Sein – a name he also botched.

As the two addressed the media, Obama called his counterpart "President Sein," an awkward, slightly affectionate reference that would make most Burmese cringe.

Note to presidential advisers: For future rounds of diplomacy, the president of Myanmar is President Thein Sein – on first and second reference.
[/INDENT]
Lol I thought this was something worth reading.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol I thought this was something worth reading.
That's not very moderator-like of you WC. Confusednicker:

Of course, I don't expect liberals to be bothered by the fact that Obama called the country that he was visiting by the wrong name and mispronounced names every time he opened his mouth. You all are not easily embarrassed by this buffoon, are you?
WC is right. It's not worth reading. It's not news, unless you can speak that language better than him. Just sayin..........
Hoot Gibson Wrote:That's not very moderator-like of you WC. Confusednicker:

Of course, I don't expect liberals to be bothered by the fact that Obama called the country that he was visiting by the wrong name and mispronounced names every time he opened his mouth. You all are not easily embarrassed by this buffoon, are you?

I just thought he done something worth being a story.
TheRealVille Wrote:WC is right. It's not worth reading. It's not news, unless you can speak that language better than him. Just sayin..........
I never expect you to read anything, RV. Why start now? You don't need no stinkin' facts. :hilarious:
The United States president can't even pronounce a simple name and liberals aren't concerned? Figures lol.
WideRight05 Wrote:The United States president can't even pronounce a simple name and liberals aren't concerned? Figures lol.
Joe Biden may not know what state he is in, but at least he refers to the states by their official names. Confusednicker:
Where was the teleprompter? Thisw boy isn't near as smart as his spinners want us to believe. It more and more looks like he is a beneficiary of extreme affirmative action. Smooth talker- yes. Cool- but of course. Overly smart- not by a long shot.
Hey, lighten up guys. Our pres can say "Pochistan." He's up on all the arab stuff, you can't expect him to spend precious time familarizing himself with the names of his guests while on Air Force Obama now can you?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol I thought this was something worth reading.

After you see the OP you know it's garbage, been crying for a couple weeks know. MOVE ON OR MOVE OUT.Confusednicker:
maybe he should have ask some of the navy corpsemen he had traveling with him how to pronounce the names?
nky Wrote:maybe he should have ask some of the navy corpsemen he had traveling with him how to pronounce the names?

Nah, I think they're all dead.
^ I'm glad you guys would NEVER politicize troops being killed.
it could of been a lot worse it could of been mitt romney Confusednicker:
Maybe they have just become desynthesized from dealing with Biden's continuous gaffes.
He has blundered for 4 years. He got elected for being Mr. Free stuff to the 51% sorry asses, people of the same race, and illegal’s.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:^ I'm glad you guys would NEVER politicize troops being killed.
The corpsemen comment was not an attempt to politicize anybody's death. It was a pun and a reference to Obama, our Commander-in-Chief, ignorantly mispronouncing the word "corpsmen" multiple times at a National Prayer Breakfast. He pronounced it corpsemen, as in dead body. He was reading a prepared speech and obviously did not know how to pronounce the word.
Let's have a look at what being goofy looks like. First nky says

nky Wrote:maybe he should have ask some of the navy corpsemen he had traveling with him how to pronounce the names?

nky was just recalling the president's ignorance when he wrongly said "corpsemen" pronouncing it corpse men, instead of the correct pronunciation which is coremen, and is correctly spelled corpsmen. When speaking at the National Prayer Breakfast.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Do I really need to explain my joke?
TheRealThing Wrote:Nah, I think they're all dead.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Then you wade in here and feign insult when obviously nobody, no troops for sure and as far as I know nothing else died either, when you posted this gem

Wildcatk23 Wrote:^ I'm glad you guys would NEVER politicize troops being killed.

Say what^?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Then of course vector comes in there sideways and who knows what this is supposed to be about
vector Wrote:it could of been a lot worse it could of been mitt romney Confusednicker:

You liberals love to politicize the war, what about all the potential lives that are lost everyday through abortion?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The corpsemen comment was not an attempt to politicize anybody's death. It was a pun and a reference to Obama, our Commander-in-Chief, ignorantly mispronouncing the word "corpsmen" multiple times at a National Prayer Breakfast. He pronounced it corpsemen, as in dead body. He was reading a prepared speech and obviously did not know how to pronounce the word.

^Sorry Hoot, I was working on my post while you were posting this.
Obama bows to another thuggish dictator. What a clown.

[Image: 26328451a13c40d8b30922c18e126d16-58ad215...9cb1.r.jpg]
TheRealThing Wrote:^Sorry Hoot, I was working on my post while you were posting this.
No problemo, TRT. You did a much better job pointing out how two of our fellow posters were apparently unaware of what was probably Obama's greatest gaffe. Confusednicker:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Obama bows to another thuggish dictator. What a clown.

[Image: 26328451a13c40d8b30922c18e126d16-58ad215...9cb1.r.jpg]

You've got to be freaking kidding me...what a joke.
WideRight05 Wrote:You've got to be freaking kidding me...what a joke.
Most all Presidents have generally did whatever the culture did at their visits.
TheRealVille Wrote:Most all Presidents have generally did whatever the culture did at their visits.

Nope.--- "In a shocking display of fealty to a foreign potentate, President Obama bowed to Saudi King Abdullah at the Group of 20 summit in London last week. The bow was an extraordinary protocol violation. Such an act is a traditional obeisance befitting a king's subjects, not his peer. There is no precedent for U.S. presidents bowing to Saudi or any other royals. Former President Franklin D. Roosevelt shook hands with Saudi King Abdulaziz in February 1945. Granted, Mr. Roosevelt was wheelchair-bound, but former President Dwight D. Eisenhower shook hands when he first met King Saud in January 1957. Mr. Obama's bow to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques does not help his image with those who believe he is secretly a Muslim, and why he chose to bow only to the Saudi King and not to any other royals remains unexplained." source - Washington Times
Wildcatk23 Wrote:[Image: bush-king-abdullah.jpg]
You equate Bush bending over to have a medal placed around his neck with President Bows-a-lot? :lmao:

I wonder how many hours and how many liberals it took to find that photo. You couldn't blame Bush for all of Obama's bowing and scraping, so you tried to show that Bush did it too. Nice try, but you failed.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You equate Bush bending over to have a medal placed around his neck with President Bows-a-lot? :lmao:

I wonder how many hours and how many liberals it took to find that photo. You couldn't blame Bush for all of Obama's bowing and scraping, so you tried to show that Bush did it too. Nice try, but you failed.

About 2 minutes,

[Image: bush-saudi-hand-holding-1.jpg?w=500]

[Image: bush-saudi-kiss.jpg?w=500]

[Image: bow-eisenhower.jpg?w=500&h=337]

[Image: bow-nixon-1.jpg?w=500&h=345]
Wildcatk23 Wrote:[Image: bush-king-abdullah.jpg]

Good photo Junior!!! For once in your life you've made a smart decision. :Thumbs: Notice that in this picture, Bush is receiving an honor from them...Obama? He is the one doing the "honoring."
Pages: 1 2 3