Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Double Header at Shelby Valley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
South Floyd comes to valley tonite to play the wildcats in a double headher, Shelby Valley's JV will start this game as what I herd. So valley with both game with eases
Starting the Jv might end up being a mistake on Sv's behalf...if i were Valley i wouldnt doubt the Raiders....
The JV will get to play a lot reguardless, but I don't think there's anyway I'd start my JV over another Varisty team in any case. Should be two 5 inning wins for SV though..
SV should win both of these games but nothing is certain in baseball! I hope that the coach knows what he is doing if he is starting the JV in the first game. Good luck to the Wildcats!
Mistake about my comment, 2 JV pitchers started, but valley ended up with one win and South Floyd with other...The second game was called bad by the UMPS
Valley Won the first one but lost the second in a nailbitter 6 to 7
hahaha. what a joke loss 4 sv. that loss was a joke and mayby the umps were bad but sv shoud have put sf away early. probly the worst loss for sv in many many years!!!
y did the umps call it
Geraldo Rivera Wrote:hahaha. what a joke loss 4 sv. that loss was a joke and mayby the umps were bad but sv shoud have put sf away early. probly the worst loss for sv in many many years!!!

Dude why don't you get off their back. No team goes undefeated so what does this loss matter. Yes they probably should have beat them but that's why they play, because nothing is a given. I'm sorry but it seems that you have some kind of grudge against SV and that's pretty sad. Did they do something to you that made you mad, did you not get to play when you were on a team or something, I just find it pretty childish for you to hate on them the way you are!
Good effort by the Wildcats though!
Strike-Out Wrote:Dude why don't you get off their back. No team goes undefeated so what does this loss matter. Yes they probably should have beat them but that's why they play, because nothing is a given. I'm sorry but it seems that you have some kind of grudge against SV and that's pretty sad. Did they do something to you that made you mad, did you not get to play when you were on a team or something, I just find it pretty childish for you to hate on them the way you are!

no hatin here buddy just the cold hard facts! nothing made me mad except for how ozburn coached in that loss 2night! And please dont ask me nething about my playin time because you have no reason to talk about playin time!!!
The bashing is ridiculous, but that is a pretty embarrassing loss for Shelby Valley. Why did JV pitchers start both games? You can't overlook anybody in baseball.
Well I just don't get why everyone bashes the Shelby Valley baseball team so much. They are not the worst team in the 15th region but everyone acts like they are. It isn't the players fault that they have a coach who seems not to know what he's doing. I just don't like seeing this young team have so much brought against them for only doing what they can, it's not their fault.
I'll let this thread stay open, but it needs to stay on topic. Game discussion only.

As far as the game goes, these losses happen from time to time. South Floyd has played some teams tough and close this season, so they must have just pulled it all together tonight in Game #2...
Strike-Out Wrote:Well I just don't get why everyone bashes the Shelby Valley baseball team so much. They are not the worst team in the 15th region but everyone acts like they are. It isn't the players fault that they have a coach who seems not to know what he's doing. I just don't like seeing this young team have so much brought against them for only doing what they can, it's not their fault.

It's mostly the parents and community with unrealistic expectations year in and year out..Yet they don't want to throw their weight in to help, but just sit back and watch. Shelby Valley has no Senior League, and the Little League is falling apart from what I've heard. But that's a big problem down there. Let's leave it at that for a later discussion. Keep this one about the South Floyd game..
Does anyone know the names of the pitchers who started the 2 games?
Congratulations to both schools on a win.
Congrats to SV on the game 1 win over SF on senior night. SV was in control of the second game, but the young men appeared to lose focus which allowed SF to regain the lead. I will say this about the team...they never gave up! The battled back to make the game exciting. Honestly, SF's shortstop made a great play on the shot back up the middle to end the game. Give the youngsters credit, both sides played hard throughtout the game and the coaches worked their tails off encouraging their players.
I just cant understand how Valley got beat by them
Strike-Out Wrote:Does anyone know the names of the pitchers who started the 2 games?

Tanner Tackett the first-Win
Tobe Wright the second- Lost
NYY10 Wrote:Mistake about my comment, 2 JV pitchers started, but valley ended up with one win and South Floyd with other...The second game was called bad by the UMPS

I guess the first game was called good because SV won that one....:thatsfunn

Great Win Raiders.............:Thumbs:
I Dont wanna hear it Geraldo
I'd still like to know why SV's Coach pitched inexperienced pitchers and overlooked South Floyd. I mean that is really a bad loss.
Nascar99 Wrote:I guess the first game was called good because SV won that one....:thatsfunn

Great Win Raiders.............:Thumbs:

NO, both games were called pretty bad. These two umpires are by far the worst. Valley has had them all year and they put more effect into finding their checks than they do making the right call.

Good win for both SV and SF..
Disco Stu Wrote:I'd still like to know why SV's Coach pitched inexperienced pitchers and overlooked South Floyd. I mean that is really a bad loss.

I would say the coach has given up on the season and has decided to start early for next year by getting some of the younger players some game experience.
Disco Stu Wrote:I'd still like to know why SV's Coach pitched inexperienced pitchers and overlooked South Floyd. I mean that is really a bad loss.

Too get them experience..... Valley didn't overlook anybody. They only have 4 pitchers Justin Tackett, Todd Bentley, Tanner Tackett, and Toby Wright (Not counting Patrick Smith that's having back problems). They will need these two guys to pitch as much as possible to get that experience. If someone else would have loss to SF this thread would have never started. Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.
Is Tanner Tackett a freshman? I've never heard of him until this year. Anyone know if he can actually pitch pretty good or what?
Strike-Out Wrote:Is Tanner Tackett a freshman? I've never heard of him until this year. Anyone know if he can actually pitch pretty good or what?

8th, pretty good pitcher. Very good control and good curve ball. Just an all around good kid.
hey Wrote:Too get them experience..... Valley didn't overlook anybody. They only have 4 pitchers Justin Tackett, Todd Bentley, Tanner Tackett, and Toby Wright (Not counting Patrick Smith that's having back problems). They will need these two guys to pitch as much as possible to get that experience. If someone else would have loss to SF this thread would have never started. Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.

I'll take a win over getting my younger players experience any day of the week! That's what JV games are for buddy. You have to win the games on your schedule. That is priority number 1, not experience. And I'm sure 90% or more would agree with me on that. And trust me, I'd start any thread in which South Floyd wins a game, especially over Shelby Valley or any other big school. They only had 1 win coming into these games.
Disco Stu Wrote:I'll take a win over getting my younger players experience any day of the week! That's what JV games are for buddy. You have to win the games on your schedule. That is priority number 1, not experience. And I'm sure 90% or more would agree with me on that. And trust me, I'd start any thread in which South Floyd wins a game, especially over Shelby Valley or any other big school. They only had 1 win coming into these games.

True that winning is the number one priority, but I'd say in this case that the coach has given up and just wants to get experience with his younger players. Yes he should be playing every game to win, but I guess that shows the difference between coaches who win state championships and coaches who dream about it! :thumpsup:

Good luck on the rest of the season, and your upcoming game! Go Wildcats!!!
Pages: 1 2