Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Double Header at Shelby Valley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey Wrote:Too get them experience..... Valley didn't overlook anybody. They only have 4 pitchers Justin Tackett, Todd Bentley, Tanner Tackett, and Toby Wright (Not counting Patrick Smith that's having back problems). They will need these two guys to pitch as much as possible to get that experience. If someone else would have loss to SF this thread would have never started. Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.

I don't know what is going on at Shelby Valley, but I seem to read an awful lot about them on here. But if Shelby Valley's Coach played his JV and some other guys to get experience for the future then the coaching situation needs to be re-evaluated because that is not good. You have to win the games no matter what. That should be your main goal is to win the games, not get players extra experience. As someone else said that is what the JV games are for. As a parent, I know if I was in the stands and saw this happen to my son's team I'd be outraged. No excuse to lose to South Floyd, and then say it was because of 1) The Umps and 2) Because young players were getting experience.
Nascar99 Wrote:I guess the first game was called good because SV won that one....:thatsfunn

Great Win Raiders.............:Thumbs:

Both game's where called bad and if u was there you would agreed, late in the 5th inning a pop fly went a little bit before short stop and Justin Tackett slid to catch it and did and the umps called that it hit the ground first then after that SF hit the ball in the out feild to get another run, so if that was called right then the game would of been different, but both games were called bad just not that one time
MRC06 Wrote:I don't know what is going on at Shelby Valley, but I seem to read an awful lot about them on here. But if Shelby Valley's Coach played his JV and some other guys to get experience for the future then the coaching situation needs to be re-evaluated because that is not good. You have to win the games no matter what. That should be your main goal is to win the games, not get players extra experience. As someone else said that is what the JV games are for. As a parent, I know if I was in the stands and saw this happen to my son's team I'd be outraged. No excuse to lose to South Floyd, and then say it was because of 1) The Umps and 2) Because young players were getting experience.

True, good point:Thumbs:
Strike-Out Wrote:Is Tanner Tackett a freshman? I've never heard of him until this year. Anyone know if he can actually pitch pretty good or what?

Tanner Tackett is a 8th grader and he does pitch pretty good, probably gets it from his brother Justin Tackett (who also pitch's for valley)
MRC06 Wrote:I don't know what is going on at Shelby Valley, but I seem to read an awful lot about them on here. But if Shelby Valley's Coach played his JV and some other guys to get experience for the future then the coaching situation needs to be re-evaluated because that is not good. You have to win the games no matter what. That should be your main goal is to win the games, not get players extra experience. As someone else said that is what the JV games are for. As a parent, I know if I was in the stands and saw this happen to my son's team I'd be outraged. No excuse to lose to South Floyd, and then say it was because of 1) The Umps and 2) Because young players were getting experience.

There may not be an excuse to lose to South Floyd but losses happen to every team. Yes they may have been the favorite to win but in high school baseball any team can win on any given day. I've seen it happen. Just like in '04 when Sheldon Clark was a very very good team and SV almost beat them twice and did beat them at Shelby Valley late in the season. So yes they probably shouldn't have lost to them but don't take anything away from South Floyd for playing a great game and the players not letting it get in their head that they were supposed to lose!
Strike-Out Wrote:Well I just don't get why everyone bashes the Shelby Valley baseball team so much. They are not the worst team in the 15th region but everyone acts like they are. It isn't the players fault that they have a coach who seems not to know what he's doing. I just don't like seeing this young team have so much brought against them for only doing what they can, it's not their fault.

Not everybody bashes SV. It's mainly that idiot Geraldo and he needs to get a life.
Mr. Norris Wrote:Not everybody bashes SV. It's mainly that idiot Geraldo and he needs to get a life.

Yea, really
Strike-Out Wrote:True that winning is the number one priority, but I'd say in this case that the coach has given up and just wants to get experience with his younger players. Yes he should be playing every game to win, but I guess that shows the difference between coaches who win state championships and coaches who dream about it! :thumpsup:

Good luck on the rest of the season, and your upcoming game! Go Wildcats!!!

I don't know why idiots on here continue to put words into my mouth, so I will clear everything up for everyone. NO, I HAVE NOT GIVEN UP ON THE SEASON! We have four pitchers (Todd Bentley, Justin Tackett, Toby Wright, and Tanner Tackett, Patrick Smith is under the weather at the current time). We had five games this week with four pitchers, I would invite you people to do the math, but that is entirely too much to ask of the majority (that means most) of the people on this thread. In other words, we do not have enough pitching.

I said I would never post on this site again, but I will not sit here and have someone say that I have given up. I will never give up, my assistant coaches will never give up, and my players will never give up.
David A. Osborne Wrote:I don't know why idiots on here continue to put words into my mouth, so I will clear everything up for everyone. NO, I HAVE NOT GIVEN UP ON THE SEASON! We have four pitchers (Todd Bentley, Justin Tackett, Toby Wright, and Tanner Tackett, Patrick Smith is under the weather at the current time). We had five games this week with four pitchers, I would invite you people to do the math, but that is entirely too much to ask of the majority (that means most) of the people on this thread. In other words, we do not have enough pitching.

I said I would never post on this site again, but I will not sit here and have someone say that I have given up. I will never give up, my assistant coaches will never give up, and my players will never give up.
Good Post and a good place for this to close.
Pages: 1 2