Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Beechwood 35, Frankfort 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Beechwood advances to next week's semi-finals against Mayfield.

Frankfort started the game by kicking the ball out of bounds. Beechwood got down to the 3 yard line off a huge play action pass. Beechwood ran it in to go up 7-0. Frankfort moved the ball down to the 16, before a bad snap put them at mid-field. The next play on 3rd and 45, Frankfort punted the ball.

The rest of the game was mainly Frankfort panicking and making mistakes. Frankfort had the players to beat Beechwood, but they made way too many early mistakes. Beechwood did what good teams do and used the mistakes to their advantage.
Beechwood makes a statement.. Closer game this year but i thought Frankfort would win.. Its going to be a WAR next week with Mayfield coming to town..
And again, Beechwood is still Beechwood. Idk if they are going to beat Mayfield, but they are still in the top of the class. Whoever wins in the Fairview vs Hazard game next week better be ready, both of these teams are going to be hard to beat.
Beechwood just played with what Frankfort gave them. This is a game that Frankfort will look at on film and be amazed with the number of mistakes they made in this one. Kickoff out of bounds, a helmet to helmet penalty that in all fairness was shoulder to shoulder and only a split second before the whistle blew, a punt on 3rd down at midfield. Why didn't Jackson get the ball more? Why didn't they turn up the tempo after solid gains? This was a game that Frankfort should have been more competitive in, but panicked too early.
Congrats Tigers on the win and shutting down the hefty lefty.
Congrats BW. Was hoping i would get to stay with my family in Frankfort next Fri. Oh well it isnt that far i can still stay on the way home. I honestly wanted to see Mayfield vs Frankfort two high powered offenses goingbat each other. 4 straight wins against a team like BW will be tough especially at BW.
Well, look back at my posts, I said long ago it would be bwood because of coaching and the program executing the way a program does. Where's whitekittything now.
I honestly thought Frankfort would win this game, and even win next week.
This one, i missed.
toussaints Wrote:Beechwood just played with what Frankfort gave them. This is a game that Frankfort will look at on film and be amazed with the number of mistakes they made in this one. Kickoff out of bounds, a helmet to helmet penalty that in all fairness was shoulder to shoulder and only a split second before the whistle blew, a punt on 3rd down at midfield. Why didn't Jackson get the ball more? Why didn't they turn up the tempo after solid gains? This was a game that Frankfort should have been more competitive in, but panicked too early.

toussaints Wrote:Beechwood advances to next week's semi-finals against Mayfield.

Frankfort started the game by kicking the ball out of bounds. Beechwood got down to the 3 yard line off a huge play action pass. Beechwood ran it in to go up 7-0. Frankfort moved the ball down to the 16, before a bad snap put them at mid-field. The next play on 3rd and 45, Frankfort punted the ball.

The rest of the game was mainly Frankfort panicking and making mistakes. Frankfort had the players to beat Beechwood, but they made way too many early mistakes. Beechwood did what good teams do and used the mistakes to their advantage.

Why do you only give a little credit to Beechwood? They came to play. Beechwood changed things up. They went to a 3 lineman defense and took away the deep ball and long gains on short passes. They dared Frankfort to run the ball. The change worked! Beechwood had fumbles and sacks also that killed drives.

Even if the hit wasn't helmet to helmet it was pretty late and pretty high. It was the right call.

You forgot how Beechwood turned the lights out early on the Panthers! Confusednicker: For those not there. There was a problem with the center light stand on one side of the field. Circuit breaker tripped taking out the scoredboard, pressbox and lightstand. Started the game without that set of lights. Got it working during Beechwood's first drive.
That hit was at the 1:02 mark of the broadcast. http://www.ihigh.com/tristateinternetspo...verlight=1
Nussbaum was a monster! Great game by the Tigers
Gut, just listen to me in the future. I wouldn't steer u wrong.
55 gut is very biased against the West Frankforts going to beat Mayfield i am sure that BW is going to beat Mayfield. Look at the last rankings Caldwell barely in the top 10 murray not in at all nor is Graves County. Franklin ahead of Warren Central.
55 gut is very biased against the West Frankforts going to beat Mayfield i am sure that BW is going to beat Mayfield. Look at the last rankings Caldwell barely in the top 10 murray not in at all nor is Graves County. Franklin ahead of Warren Central.
Stardust Wrote:Nussbaum was a monster! Great game by the Tigers

Looking forward to seeing the monster against mayfield! Rather go to this game than Highlands-LC game...

Beechwood is peaking at the right time. Lot of Cardinal cool aid being passed around!
Spirit100 Wrote:Looking forward to seeing the monster against mayfield! Rather go to this game than Highlands-LC game...

Beechwood is peaking at the right time. Lot of Cardinal cool aid being passed around!

Drink up Confusednicker:

Cards take this one
I said you all left Beechwood out of the picture and said Frankfort would win But the top 3 in Class A all advanced Hazard,Beechwood and Mayfield As i said until someone beats these 3 its a no brainer we can get on here and say Frankfort,Pikeville Ect. But Like I said these 3 are the elite of Class A until the kHSAA changes something and I will say this MAYFIELD better pay attention your playing a Northern Kentucky team on the road and you will lose friday to Beechwood the best team you all played all year period. You can say all you want but when you leave Fort Mitchell friday you can start playing Basketball.
laxwarrriors Wrote:Why do you only give a little credit to Beechwood? They came to play.

Beechwood always comes to play, and I know it doesn't sound like I'm giving Beechwood credit, but I am.

Beechwood didn't do anything special cause they didn't need to. They knew Frankfort had great athletes on offense, but they also knew Frankfort didn't have the depth. All Beechwood needed to do was keep Frankfort in front of them and get an early lead. Make Frankfort wear down trying to play catch up. I'll give Beechwood credit for sticking with a simple gameplan and beating Frankfort, cause really that's all they had to do.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Drink up Confusednicker:

Cards take this one

Can be bitter at times...I'll it my crow grilled if necessary..can you eat yours?
toussaints Wrote:Beechwood always comes to play, and I know it doesn't sound like I'm giving Beechwood credit, but I am.

Beechwood didn't do anything special cause they didn't need to. They knew Frankfort had great athletes on offense, but they also knew Frankfort didn't have the depth. All Beechwood needed to do was keep Frankfort in front of them and get an early lead. Make Frankfort wear down trying to play catch up. I'll give Beechwood credit for sticking with a simple gameplan and beating Frankfort, cause really that's all they had to do.

Simple and brilliant...the way it ought to be...GO TIGERS!
toussaints Wrote:Beechwood always comes to play, and I know it doesn't sound like I'm giving Beechwood credit, but I am.

#44 for Frankfort only played on Defense. He looked like a good athlete. Why isn't he on the field more helping?
ballboy Wrote:I will say this MAYFIELD better pay attention your playing a Northern Kentucky team on the road and you will lose friday to Beechwood the best team you all played all year period. You can say all you want but when you leave Fort Mitchell friday you can start playing Basketball.

Spirit100 Wrote:Can be bitter at times...I'll it my crow grilled if necessary..can you eat yours?

ballboy, does it get old for you? same ole, same ole that you guys say every year. I am not buying. Mayfield just looks to be the superior team against Beechwood. That running right at us like we all knew they could do against Frankfort wont work and the frosh qb, well I fill sorry for him

Soirit I dont ear crow Confusednicker:
rednblackattack Wrote:55 gut is very biased against the West Frankforts going to beat Mayfield i am sure that BW is going to beat Mayfield. Look at the last rankings Caldwell barely in the top 10 murray not in at all nor is Graves County. Franklin ahead of Warren Central.

How am i biased? I live hours away from both schools.
I will pick Mayfield the rest of the way now, no matter who they play.
I just thought Frankfort was better this year.

I can atleast admit that i was wrong earlier in a post, if Mayfield were to lose Friday, im sure we wont be seeing you until next year.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well, look back at my posts, I said long ago it would be bwood because of coaching and the program executing the way a program does. Where's whitekittything now.
As much as I hate say it you're correct. The one thing that bothers me most is, the amount of our coaches that spend their time on here policing their fans (most notably me) instead of preparing for the game. Good luck to my Mayfield haters, I just don't think Beechwood is better than us but I sure know their coaches are more dedicated to FOOTBALL than MESSAGE BOARDS! I guess they will have plenty of time to reply now.
whitepantherking Wrote:As much as I hate say it you're correct. The one thing that bothers me most is, the amount of our coaches that spend their time on here policing their fans (most notably me) instead of preparing for the game. Good luck to my Mayfield haters, I just don't think Beechwood is better than us but I sure know their coaches are more dedicated to FOOTBALL than MESSAGE BOARDS! I guess they will have plenty of time to reply now.

honestly thought you guys would get BW this year i have spent alot time in Frankfort and with my Mom and Sis here i consider it my secondary home town and i was pulling for both Frankfort and Franklin this year and if Frankfort had got there instead of Mayfield i would have wanted them win state. Hell im in Frankfort right now. Anyway good luck next year. No hate just some trash talk. You are proud of your team and i for one can be very passionate to so i understand.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:How am i biased? I live hours away from both schools.
I will pick Mayfield the rest of the way now, no matter who they play.
I just thought Frankfort was better this year.

I can atleast admit that i was wrong earlier in a post, if Mayfield were to lose Friday, im sure we wont be seeing you until next year.

I am sorry. I know you are just trying to give your, honest opinion and not being able to see every team that is hard to do regardless if you are picking Mayfield or not i am sorry for saying that. I will not dissapear when Mayfields season is over be it now or 2 weeks from now. I just found this site this season and i do post over at Kentucky preps some all year long and the banter is better over here.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:ballboy, does it get old for you? same ole, same ole that you guys say every year. I am not buying. Mayfield just looks to be the superior team against Beechwood. That running right at us like we all knew they could do against Frankfort wont work and the frosh qb, well I fill sorry for him

Soirit I dont ear crow Confusednicker:

Time and teachers will tell MC....Confusednicker:!
Whitepantherthing and gut, thanks for the reply. I hate it for you guys. I just was telling it like it was. I noticed 3 glaring things about Frankfort while watching film. The first was they played their entire d to close to the ball. A good passing team would burn that. Second you had a lot of trouble stopping the run up the middle. That is what bwood exploited. Last your qb was not very accurate. That is a recipe for disaster. I also have picked apart bwood. They also have issues but, we have got to play a full game this week to beat them. I will hold my diagnoses of that 1 til after the game.
mysonis55 Wrote:Whitepantherthing and gut, thanks for the reply. I hate it for you guys. I just was telling it like it was. I noticed 3 glaring things about Frankfort while watching film. The first was they played their entire d to close to the ball. A good passing team would burn that. Second you had a lot of trouble stopping the run up the middle. That is what bwood exploited. Last your qb was not very accurate. That is a recipe for disaster. I also have picked apart bwood. They also have issues but, we have got to play a full game this week to beat them.of that I will hold my diagnoses 1 til after the game.

Well I quess you would hold it til after the game. If you do it before the game and you lose you look silly but if you do it after the game with a win you look smart.

:pondering:
Do-double-gg Wrote:Well I quess you would hold it til after the game. If you do it before the game and you lose you look silly but if you do it after the game with a win you look smart.

:pondering:
On the other hand if you do it before the game and you win then you look like a genius. So go on and do it because I want to hear. I am looking for any information I can get for my football pick'em!
Pages: 1 2