Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Beechwood 35, Frankfort 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
mysonis55 Wrote:Whitepantherthing and gut, thanks for the reply. I hate it for you guys. I just was telling it like it was. I noticed 3 glaring things about Frankfort while watching film. The first was they played their entire d to close to the ball. A good passing team would burn that. Second you had a lot of trouble stopping the run up the middle. That is what bwood exploited. Last your qb was not very accurate. That is a recipe for disaster. I also have picked apart bwood. They also have issues but, we have got to play a full game this week to beat them. I will hold my diagnoses of that 1 til after the game.

Good, respectable, post.
Well its kind of like this. I put two of those things about Frankfort in my previous posts, that is previous to this game. You can check my posts back for a few weeks and see that I am telling you the truth. The reason I could put that post out there is that I did not think Frankfort coaches would pay any attention to it if they were reading this stuff and secondly, I didn't think they would figure out how to make the necessary adjustments. Now I have learned they were in fact monitoring this site, so I would assume the Bwood coaches will as well. I know the Bwood coaches could figure out how to make necessary adjustments, so I will have to hold until then. I will just mention, they are young and look young in several places.
I don't post on here often but I watched the first half of the Bwood and Frankfort game and Frankfort was better than the score indicates for sure. The turnovers they made were silly, you won't see that from Mayfield for sure. Frankfort kept giving Bwood the ball with short field, you might as well be spotting Bwood points there. Frankfort had speed in some key spots but I think once again Mayfield has more overall team speed. Frankfort didn't seem to have a punter, Mayfield definitely has one. Mayfield's defense will not allow Bwood to run the ball like Frankfort did, you can look back on the teams we have played and we have stopped or held some good running teams, Graves, Tilghman and we even fared well against Warren Central, even with some of our players coming out for whole qtrs with cramps.

I still think it has the makings of being as close as last years game, depending on who makes the fewest mistakes. Frankfort was successful running the ball on Bwood, that looks good for Mayfield. If Bwood decides to stop our running game, we have an equally good passing game. I personally can't wait till Friday night, we are making a weekend of it ourselves as its just too far a drive for us to come back.
I have read a bunch of you all say you think Mayfield wins a real close one and I just don't get that. I watched 3 Beechwood games on the net including the Frankfort game and it did not take long yo conclude that we are just plain better. This should be a 3 score victory
BW will play out if their minds against us they owe us bigtime and i think it will be a barnburner.
rednblackattack Wrote:BW will play out if their minds against us they owe us bigtime and i think it will be a barnburner.

I know where you are coming from, hate is a very strong motivator, I believe that Hazard had that coming into last years state championship. I also think that Mayfield is a mental problem for bwood and that gives us an advantage as well. I think we have to be focused and play our strengths and we can win the game.
i think posts for the mayfield beechwood game should go here: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...p?t=147784
I thought this would be a very close game. But Beechwood proved why they are one of the top 1A programs in the state. They get better at playoff time.
Pages: 1 2