Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 17 Johnson Central 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Having watched Belfry a few times this year and talking to some more knowledgeable fans, I will throw my 1 cent in.

A lot of the non-keyboard commandos think this team is avg. at best. Too many kids believe their own hype and they lack true Belfry toughness.

Last nights game goes a little toward changing that perception though.
If Salow and/or Baker would have been healthy, Ashland would have beaten JC by 2 tds
BigCatzFan Wrote:If Salow and/or Baker would have been healthy, Ashland would have beaten JC by 2 tds

Dude, posts like that will get you eaten alive on here.
BigCatzFan Wrote:If Salow and/or Baker would have been healthy, Ashland would have beaten JC by 2 tds

If a bullfrog had wings it wouldn't bump its a$$ on the ground everytime it jumped either would it ? Ifs, and ands dont win the games.

Confusederiously:
Congrats Pirates on a huge win.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Did Johnson Central have all the starters in the whole game or were they thinking about the playoffs?

All healthy players played for both teams as far as I know.
bucslover68 Wrote:All healthy players played for both teams as far as I know.

Justin Johnson...one of Belfrys premier backs did play against JC...just saying

"If" Ashland would have won the games in previous years they would have been district champs. Didn't work out that way though. "If" is a mighty big word that you probably shouldn't have used.

:thatsfunn :rockon:
Just like every year. Johnson Central just playing out the slate.
Bob Seger Wrote:Naw just rumor. He's like Leonidas, he doesn't even know how to get there. But I did hear they are together stapping the mules up to the wagon, and are trying to figger out a way to get across the Tug Fork before the rainy season hits.:Clap:

BUT, NotsoBADCAT does have the KHSAA, on speed dial.

I know exactly where I live , and I know that JC got an old school whipping last night, too.
IMO JC has regressed since the Ironton game. Ironton was a better team than Ashland and Belfry. As a JC fan I give Belfry and there coaching staff credit. Mr. Haywood had a good defensive game plan and he really managed the game well.
padd4pirate Wrote:Justin Johnson...one of Belfrys premier backs did play against JC...just saying

What grade is the Belfry QB in? I think he is a good player.
I think some mod needs to edit Leonidas's post since he/she obviously doesn't know how to post in a forum where kids can read the posts.
Justin Johnson did not play last night, he should be back next week. He suffered a concussion against Ashland.

Sani Warren, the quarterback that someone was asking about in a previous post, is a junior.
BelfryPirates Wrote:Justin Johnson did not play last night, he should be back next week. He suffered a concussion against Ashland.

Sani Warren, the quarterback that someone was asking about in a previous post, is a junior.

What about #44 the linebacker, what Grade is he in. He played a heck of a game. Best LB I have seen JC play this year But I have only seen the Ashland and Iron games.
Belfry is getting better at the right time
44 is Madison Ghormley, a senior and three year starter. He is a very good player. Good speed, instincts, and very sure tackler.
Congrats Belfry. You jerks made me miss the game of the week in my football pick'em!!Confusednicker:
OutsideLogic Wrote:I think some mod needs to edit Leonidas's post since he/she obviously doesn't know how to post in a forum where kids can read the posts.

I'd say he's made his last post.
PaytoPlay Wrote:44 is Madison Ghormley, a senior and three year starter. He is a very good player. Good speed, instincts, and very sure tackler.

I love to watch that kid play, he is the heart and soul of that defence, if there is a better linebacker in this stae I would love to see him,that kid doe's more than just make tackles he is a "LEADER".
Hope that he and his teammates have continued success for the rest of the season. GO PIRATES!!!!
Leonidas Wrote:I know exactly where I live, and I know that JC got an old school whipping last night, too.

:dontthink
OutsideLogic Wrote:I think some mod needs to edit Leonidas's post since he/she obviously doesn't know how to post in a forum where kids can read the posts.

Didn't know this was a church forum

Thanks for the fyi
PaytoPlay Wrote:It does seem strange too on how Belfry is calling their offense. This isn't a criticism, but just an observation. I didn't hear a single counter play called all night. Also, only heard the second man through maybe twice. It is hard to tell from a radio broadcast, but it is unclear if they have run much Jet sweep (which JJ was housing regularly early - granted against weaker competition than JC)

Again not a criticism, and maybe not even accurate. Perhaps bucslovers or someone who has seen all the games can add some input.

The counter trey has not been as effective with Taylor or Carr at HB. I remember them running it once last night to Carr and it didn't get much.

They have not been running the sweeps since JJ has been out, but the quick pitch and option have been very successful to Taylor and Robinson.
Leonidas Wrote:Didn't know this was a church forum

Thanks for the fyi

It is morons like you that gives sites like this a bad name.
i think belfry is not ready for play off's may god people last nights game was awful for them they should have played way better then that. and that quarter back is killing us i say get him out and put in taylor in he makes to many mistakes for everyone to rank him were they rank him and if those coaches had not ran so many players off you would have an awsome team not saying the boy's we have don't play good but they could be better...and so could the coaches...
Grats Pirates! Man that place was packed!!!
can't take it can ya Wrote:i think belfry is not ready for play off's may god people last nights game was awful for them they should have played way better then that. and that quarter back is killing us i say get him out and put in taylor in he makes to many mistakes for everyone to rank him were they rank him and if those coaches had not ran so many players off you would have an awsome team not saying the boy's we have don't play good but they could be better...and so could the coaches...

You have know idea what your talking about, to get on here and try to say our QB is our problem. you need to sober up and try to read your first post that you have made on here. I could not understand a thing you was trying to say,in your first sentence. People like you are the problem, I would have liked to of been 10 and 0,but 8- 2 isn't to bad. Were is these rankings you talk about anyways? This team can,and will make it , if you want to go and find yourself another team. Our team doesn't need punks like you calling players names out on a message board. Sani is our QB, he's doing a great job.
can't take it can ya Wrote:i think belfry is not ready for play off's may god people last nights game was awful for them they should have played way better then that. and that quarter back is killing us i say get him out and put in taylor in he makes to many mistakes for everyone to rank him were they rank him and if those coaches had not ran so many players off you would have an awsome team not saying the boy's we have don't play good but they could be better...and so could the coaches...

The worst post in history of BGR. I really hope not a Belfry fan cause this is an embarrassing one. Sani is a special player and continues to show his toughness every week. Get a clue before you post again or at least lay off the bottle lol!!!

Being a fan of JC , I think Belfry has a great quarterback he has an accurate arm and good field vision. JC came out flat and stayed flat for most of the game. Belfry wanted it more. Also there was a good crowd but nothing like the 08 game. Both teams will do good in the playoffs , this game will get JC re-motivated for down the road, and give Belfry a boost of confidence for their journey.
Warren is a really talented kid. He has made lemonade out of limes in that he is only called upon to pass at low percentage times (3rd and LONG) and has taken a beating doing it.

Kid is tough and he is the leader of the offense. Can't wait to get everyone healthy. As Haywood likes to say, "We want to peak at the right time"

Belfry's offense has yet to peak.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5