Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 17 Johnson Central 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Belfry has some massive linemen....

And their Tight End is a monster as well.
BADCAT74 Wrote:Now that's funny Jcc complaing about the refs an didn't get beat because belfry was the better team but because Jcc didn't execute very well. Well that's what happens when you get beat. THE other team has alittle to do with that by playing good soilid D an scoring more points. Doesn't look like that offense is a big scary scoring machine like advertised. Which Ashland saw last week just squeaking by Ashland in it an getting beat by a good belfry team that Ashland beat few weeks ago.

Well do tell there NotsoBADCAT. That seems to be a subject you're very well versed on, since, you've been there and done that time and time again....right?....Confusednicker:
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ Good post man.

Warren has a strong arm and can throw with some accuracy. Messer, Robinson, Huddle, and Taylor are all capable receivers. Love to see Belfry throw occasionally on 1st down, at least when field position permits. Warren has made some big throws and has had to do so in the face of intense pass rush do to obvious passing downs. Hard to argue with Coach in wanting to run the ball on early downs. That is his philosophy. But early in the game, a couple play actions on 1st down might be effective.

I will address Belfry from three angles...we'll see which one proves accurate:

Pessimist: This Belfry team has some serious issues that shouldn't be prevalent this late in the season. These false starts are not only inexcuable this late in the season, but they always come at the very worst possible time it seems. I also think the OL is not playingup to par. Lots of penetration and the FB has been stonewalled in recent weeks, in addition, Sani is still getting absolutely teed off on every time he drops back it seems. If Belfry doesnt sure up these aspects they will not beat Breathitt.Period.

Optimist: We still haven't seen the real Belfry team. Sani was out for several weeks when the backs were healthy, once Sani got healthy we lost Hatfield (who I still think Belfry operates the best with at FB) and Johnson, we finally at least have a healthy Hatfield and then we lose Taylor. The Belfry passing game is not only light years better than year's past, it is actually to the point it can be considered effective and not just a wrinkle. The defense has went from a group who had issues stopping the run, to a group who couldnt stop the pass, to a group who is finally seemingly finding their footing. I expect Belfry to be fully healthy in 3 weeks and when that happens they will be a very dangerous team.

Realist: The Pirate's schedule has ended up being weaker then it should have been and tonight's win goes a long away in building confidence after Belfry crapped the bed against Henry Clay (in a game I still think Belfry was a better team, but they beat themselves badly) and after a close loss to Ashland (which Belfry was in position to win). I think this proves that Belfry can beat a quality team while still playng ugly, and that when they are needed both the defense and offense can show up when it is needed most. Belfry still has a lot of work to do and has absolutely no ground to be cocky moving forward with the mistakes they made.
Love how my homeboy, Bob Seger, has a Red reputation status.....
Congrats Belfry.
Sounded from the Belfry broadcast like JC had a good gameplan to shut down some of the inside running game for Belfry. They made it seem as if the interior D-lineman for JC were basically just cutting/torpedoing the Belfry o-lineman and getting them on the ground -- then the LB'ers were mopping up.

It wasn't clear if JC went away from that strategy at the end of the game or if Belfry made an adjustment as Austin Hatfield started finding some room on the FB dives.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Love how my homeboy, Bob Seger, has a Red reputation status.....

Is that supposed to be a good thing?
Bob Seger Wrote:Is that supposed to be a good thing?
Nope... that means some posters think you are a "Negative" or "Bad" poster.

All I have to say to that is...... "Turn The Page"
It does seem strange too on how Belfry is calling their offense. This isn't a criticism, but just an observation. I didn't hear a single counter play called all night. Also, only heard the second man through maybe twice. It is hard to tell from a radio broadcast, but it is unclear if they have run much Jet sweep (which JJ was housing regularly early - granted against weaker competition than JC)

Again not a criticism, and maybe not even accurate. Perhaps bucslovers or someone who has seen all the games can add some input.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Nope... that means some posters think you are a "Negative" or "Bad" poster.

All I have to say to that is...... "Turn The Page"

Ah, say it aint so, and here I thought I was in the runnig for the next mod opening.....:Sad04:

I'll just bet it's all because of that NotsoBADCAT guy........Confusednicker:
Did Johnson Central have all the starters in the whole game or were they thinking about the playoffs?
PaytoPlay Wrote:Sounded from the Belfry broadcast like JC had a good gameplan to shut down some of the inside running game for Belfry. They made it seem as if the interior D-lineman for JC were basically just cutting/torpedoing the Belfry o-lineman and getting them on the ground -- then the LB'ers were mopping up.

It wasn't clear if JC went away from that strategy at the end of the game or if Belfry made an adjustment as Austin Hatfield started finding some room on the FB dives.

I Am a JC fan, but I think what happened its number one JC frustration on
driving the ball, then not scoring. On the last drive, Belfrey's ability to convert the passing plays and the interference call, which was a good call, wore them down both mentally and physically. Great play calling here from Belfrey. jC was very physical up front, but could not stop the pass.
Bob Seger Wrote:Ah, say it aint so, and here I thought I was in the runnig for the next mod opening.....:Sad04:

You got my vote Confusednicker:
Great win for our Belfry Boys! You boys pulled together as a team out there tonight. Lots of things to work on,but it's always easier to work on if you still yet can pull out a win. I have to say it was probably the most balanced offense that I have ever seen at Belfry tonight. Sani and our receivers(Messer,Huddle,Robinson) did a excellent job out there,and Austin Hatfield Played like a senior on that last drive. The "D" really stepped up to the challenge,especially after Mullins went out with his injury. Get everybody healthy,and this team can really be good. GOOD JOB!!!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:It's hard to have that "Fever Pitch" on back to back weeks for JC....

The win over Ashland had some people (that doesn't know a thing about football) thinking JC is a passing team. And they were wrong.

I'm glad this game is a 'warm-up' game... if you will.

From what I saw it was JC's coaching staff that thinks JC has become a passing team. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down pass play calls midway in the 4th had me wondering. They were not going to give up the big play. Belfry's defense played well #44 is a really good linebacker. I really liked the Belfry QB he threw a nice ball.
JC needs to do what Belfry done last year after this game, pick themselves up, shake it off and proceed to play there best football in the playoffs.
Bob Seger Wrote:Ah, say it aint so, and here I thought I was in the runnig for the next mod opening.....:Sad04:

Just got the NBC poll and you are down 10 percentage points in the Ashland Area.......:biglmao:
BADCAT74 Wrote:Now that's funny Jcc complaing about the refs an didn't get beat because belfry was the better team but because Jcc didn't execute very well. Well that's what happens when you get beat. THE other team has alittle to do with that by playing good soilid D an scoring more points. Doesn't look like that offense is a big scary scoring machine like advertised. Which Ashland saw last week just squeaking by Ashland in it an getting beat by a good belfry team that Ashland beat few weeks ago.
:howdy: :wtf1: Is It August Already????????
Eagle Eye Wrote:Just got the NBC poll and you are down 10 percentage points in the Ashland Area.......:biglmao:

But I've got a commanding lead over in the swing counties. Wildcat23 is on one of those 48 hour marathon campaign extravaganzas at this very moment in Martin Co, enthusiasticly spreading the good word.:biggrin:

Besides EE, I've got a plan.Confusednicker:
I don't know anything about JC football, I don't keep up with it my kid goes to Prestonsburg, but I will say something about coach Matney. I generally ride in their football poker runs every year, and have talked with him, he is one of the nicest people I have ever met. He seems to have a great love for JC football, and the kids he coaches. In the end, that is what matters, he seems to be a good role model for those kids.
Eagle Eye Wrote::howdy: :wtf1: Is It August Already????????

I saw in the Ashland Daily that he has escaped from Maroon KoolAid detox at the Dicky Martin Clinic, and there is an all points bulletin for his capture. The paper indicates that there is speculation that he is hiding out with relatives. Tomcat Pride's kitty den is now under 24/7 surviellance.
Bob Seger Wrote:But I've got a commanding lead over in the swing counties. Wildcat23 is on one of those 48 hour marathon campaign extravaganzas at this very moment in Martin Co, inthusiasticly spreading the good word.:biggrin:

Besides EE, I've got a plan.Confusednicker:

I have heard that BADCAT is looking FORWARD to seeing that!!!! :thatsfunn
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't know anything about JC football, I don't keep up with it my kid goes to Prestonsburg, but I will say something about coach Matney. I generally ride in their football poker runs every year, and have talked with him, he is one of the nicest people I have ever met. He seems to have a great love for JC football, and the kids he coaches. In the end, that is what matters, he seems to be a good role model for those kids.

I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head RV.
Eagle Eye Wrote:I have heard that BADCAT is looking FORWARD to seeing that!!!! :thatsfunn

lol....Yeah, I think he's really HOPING for the CHANGE.:biggrin:
Bob Seger Wrote:I saw in the Ashland Daily that he has escaped from Maroon KoolAid detox at the Dicky Martin Clinic, and there is an all points bulletin for his capture. The paper indicates that there is speculation that he is hiding out with relatives. Tomcat Pride's kitty den is now under 24/7 surviellance.

That makes sense!!! I also heard he was on the road to Ft. Thomas for his annual meeting!!!! :Sad04:
Bob Seger Wrote:lol....Yeah, I think he's really HOPING for the CHANGE.:biggrin:

He is probably hoping for four more years of the same!!!! Confusednicker:
Eagle Eye Wrote:He is probably hoping for four more years of the same!!!! Confusednicker:

Yep, I heard he had Segernesia.Confusednicker:
Eagle Eye Wrote:That makes sense!!! I also heard he was on the road to Ft. Thomas for his annual meeting!!!! :Sad04:

Naw just rumor. He's like Leonidas, he doesn't even know how to get there. But I did hear they are together stapping the mules up to the wagon, and are trying to figger out a way to get across the Tug Fork before the rainy season hits.:Clap:

BUT, NotsoBADCAT does have the KHSAA, on speed dial.
Did Johnson Central lay an egg (according to you guys) due to their Stage III Segarnesia?
PaytoPlay Wrote:Did Johnson Central lay an egg (according to you guys) due to their Stage III Seg(e)rnesia?

:biggrin:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5