Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Final in Frankfort
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Frankfort beats Eminence 70-14
and the ambulance rolls in, ouch!
Frankfort has put up a bunch of points this year. There must be something in the water in Franklin County.
I love a team that isn't afraid to run the score up and make the other team feel like crap. GO FRANKFORT!!!!!!!!!!!. Remember in the movie Gladiator what the gladiator said to the king, "the day of you honoring yourself will soon come to an end, heiness". Words to remember. It takes classless coaches to keep pounding a struggling team and beat them by 54.
HonestJohn Wrote:I love a team that isn't afraid to run the score up and make the other team feel like crap. GO FRANKFORT!!!!!!!!!!!. Remember in the movie Gladiator what the gladiator said to the king, "the day of you honoring yourself will soon come to an end, heiness". Words to remember. It takes classless coaches to keep pounding a struggling team and beat them by 54.
Actually, the staff did not run it up on a struggling team. Eminence was 6-2 and was within 2 td's with 2:30 left in 2nd quarter and Frankfort scored 24 in the last 2 minutes of half. They only scored 2 times with the JV team in 2nd half. It helps when you have the true perspective. Frankfort can score very fast.
HonestJohn Wrote:I love a team that isn't afraid to run the score up and make the other team feel like crap. GO FRANKFORT!!!!!!!!!!!. Remember in the movie Gladiator what the gladiator said to the king, "the day of you honoring yourself will soon come to an end, heiness". Words to remember. It takes classless coaches to keep pounding a struggling team and beat them by 54.
Unfortunately I had to be out of town, so I did not see the game but I am willing to bet that Coach Foley played most everybody on the bench, probably starting in the second quarter. He is a class act. He would not run up the score to "make the other team feel like crap". I am sure he played second and third stringers who want a chance to play. "Okay, boys, take a knee every play. Forget running everything you have been practicing for the last three months." If he kept the starters in the whole game, disregard this message..but he is not the type to do that.
Quote:
coach4life Wrote:Actually, the staff did not run it up on a struggling team. Eminence was 6-2 and was within 2 td's with 2:30 left in 2nd quarter and Frankfort scored 24 in the last 2 minutes of half. They only scored 2 times with the JV team in 2nd half. It helps when you have the true perspective. Frankfort can score very fast.

You don't score twice with the JV on a team that isn't struggling. But whatever makes you sleep better.
why's it Frankfort's fault? Eminence came in 6-2, but couldn't stop Frankfort when they needed to. Frankfort has a high octane offense, a lot of fast athletes with a balanced attack.
Congats frankfort keep it going and honest john if u cant stop they jv it not running up the score
This game was close until Eminence had 3 straight series with a turnover which Frankfort returned for touchdowns in 2 quarter.
Tell Eminence to get Better. It isnt Frankforts job to stop themselves. JV kids play second half.
I have seen several scores from tonight with similar finals. You can't tell a kid to fall down and not score.
I shouldn't have singled out Frankfort, this seems to be the new norm almost everywhere. I guess I stand corrected, because everybody has had something to say about it. Hang 90 on them next time, who cares about the kids, or the parents watching their kids get embarrassed. I believe what comes around goes around. I hope you all are never on the other side of this, then you would see how it feels. Have you ever heard of sportsmanship. It seems all coaches and players want to do it pad the stats and score 100 while giving up 0. The days of gracious winning (and losing) are gone, and this is what we have left. Congratulations on a BIG win. YOOO-HOOO
HonestJohn Wrote:I guess I stand corrected, everybody has something to say about it. Hang 90 on them next time, who cares about the kids or the parents watching their kids get embarrassed. I believe what comes around goes around. I hope you all are never on the other side of this, then you would see how it feels. Have you ever heard of sportsmanship. It seems all coaches and players want to do it pad the stats and score 100 while giving up 0. The days of gracious winning (and losing) are gone, and this is what we have left. Congratulations on a BIG win. YOOO-HOOO

I am done with this post.

You have no idea how embarrassing it is to be a player on the field and see the other team run out of bounds or go down untouched to keep from scoring a touchdown.
HonestJohn Wrote:I shouldn't have singled out Frankfort, this seems to be the new norm almost everywhere. I guess I stand corrected, because everybody has had something to say about it. Hang 90 on them next time, who cares about the kids, or the parents watching their kids get embarrassed. I believe what comes around goes around. I hope you all are never on the other side of this, then you would see how it feels. Have you ever heard of sportsmanship. It seems all coaches and players want to do it pad the stats and score 100 while giving up 0. The days of gracious winning (and losing) are gone, and this is what we have left. Congratulations on a BIG win. YOOO-HOOO

Can you say sore loser
rebel 4 life Wrote:Can you say sore loser

I don't even know where Eminence is. I do know Frankfort is very talented. I don't think you have to beat people this bad though. You obviously do. I hope you learn better as you get older and wiser. I just saw the score and thought what a beating. A 54 point win. If you JV is beating them by 54 maybe you should schedule better games. Or bring some freshmen next time and get them some experience. It isn't all about stats and TD's.
HonestJohn Wrote:I don't even know where Eminence is. I do know Frankfort is very talented. I don't think you have to beat people this bad though. You obviously do. I hope you learn better as you get older and wiser. I just saw the score and thought what a beating. A 54 point win. If you JV is beating them by 54 maybe you should schedule better games. Or bring some freshmen next time and get them some experience. It isn't all about stats and TD's.

Maybe you should learn about high school football cant pick your district games there enstein. Just sayin
This was a district game so it had to be played. Frankfort did play JV most of second half. Not sure what else they could have done when the other team turns the ball over the way they did tonight.
I do understand your concern and those kids have been on the flip side of it also. I can assure you the staff at Frankfort does not make a point of "running a score up", but they teach all of the kids to play hard and fast. This team only has 30 kids on it, and the young kids play in a lot of second halfs. Coaches on that staff made sure that the ball was not thrown in the 2nd half except for one series. Interceptions and punts that are run back are hard to control. Your point is well taken. Unfortunately, this team has played bigger schools every week this year and have no choice but to play their three district games. That's all.
HonestJohn Wrote:I shouldn't have singled out Frankfort, this seems to be the new norm almost everywhere. I guess I stand corrected, because everybody has had something to say about it. Hang 90 on them next time, who cares about the kids, or the parents watching their kids get embarrassed. I believe what comes around goes around. I hope you all are never on the other side of this, then you would see how it feels. Have you ever heard of sportsmanship. It seems all coaches and players want to do it pad the stats and score 100 while giving up 0. The days of gracious winning (and losing) are gone, and this is what we have left. Congratulations on a BIG win. YOOO-HOOO
:HitWall: So should a team take a knee if their up 2 or 3 TD's? Fottball is very simple. It's just blocking and tackling. If you don't want to lose by 50+ tackle better (stop the other team from scoring) or block better (score more points)
If you are on the lopsided end- Take the pink skirt off(sorry if that offends anyone with a cause) and get better
Congrats to the Kids of Frankfort!! Good Luck in the Playoffs

There is a fine line of running up the score and getting your subs quality min. Against Fulton City it was a running clock and 45 to 0 at the end of the 1st quarter so the second team was in the rest of the first half we stayed in our regular offense to get our second and 3rd team reps from outside competition. During the second half our second and third option at rb played about halfway through the 3rd and then it was almost all freshman players til the end of the game. We never threw the ball or tried anything fancy. Against Fulton County pretty much the same running clock with 7 min left in the first half. Now we gotta a couple guys going for school records. Jonathan Jackson in rushing and all time tackles and our qb in individual season passing. Jackson would have already crushed those records but his Soph yead we played 10 games with continuous clocks last year i think it was 7 or 8 this year probably will b similar. Anyway i do believe a team should stop passing the ball when you get the continuous clock but up til then getting your younger guys work against outside competition and running your real O is important.
rednblackattack Wrote:There is a fine line of running up the score and getting your subs quality min. Against Fulton City it was a running clock and 45 to 0 at the end of the 1st quarter so the second team was in the rest of the first half we stayed in our regular offense to get our second and 3rd team reps from outside competition. During the second half our second and third option at rb played about halfway through the 3rd and then it was almost all freshman players til the end of the game. We never threw the ball or tried anything fancy. Against Fulton County pretty much the same running clock with 7 min left in the first half. Now we gotta a couple guys going for school records. Jonathan Jackson in rushing and all time tackles and our qb in individual season passing. Jackson would have already crushed those records but his Soph yead we played 10 games with continuous clocks last year i think it was 7 or 8 this year probably will b similar. Anyway i do believe a team should stop passing the ball when you get the continuous clock but up til then getting your younger guys work against outside competition and running your real O is important.
Nobody on the thread cares about Mayfield. When or if Mayfield comes east in the semi's to play Frankfort, they'll receive the same beat down they got the last time they came to Frankfort.
whitepantherking Wrote:Nobody on the thread cares about Mayfield. When or if Mayfield comes east in the semi's to play Frankfort, they'll receive the same beat down they got the last time they came to Frankfort.

Dude you have very little clue. I have read your post over this season and it is cool to be a fan, but to get on here and make statements that not only make you look foolish they hurt your team. This is one will come back and bite them.

I bet you talk to any coach in the state and they dont want fans acting this nuts!
Block Down Kick Out Wrote:Dude you have very little clue. I have read your post over this season and it is cool to be a fan, but to get on here and make statements that not only make you look foolish they hurt your team. This is one will come back and bite them.

I bet you talk to any coach in the state and they dont want fans acting this nuts!
This is a football thread not a ballet thread maybe you came to the wrong site. I'll pound my chest all day long. If you're scared of upseting somebody maybe football is not for you. Just saying.
WE understand here in williamsburg we try hard to not run up the score.it just happen.just friday night against lynn camp game was 49-0 with 9 minute to go in the second quarter.Confusedmoke:
Oh we will have something for that azz whitepanther a big time ass whooping so bad we will make u like it. Oh and us Mayfield fans can pound our chest with the best of em Frankfort hasn't won anything lke Mayfield has or as many.
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:Oh we will have something for that azz whitepanther a big time ass whooping so bad we will make u like it. Oh and us Mayfield fans can pound our chest with the best of em Frankfort hasn't won anything lke Mayfield has or as many.

Let get back to the topic at hand at hand frankfort congats on the win and fyi mayfield u should be looking over ur shoudler cause frankfort might just take u behine the woodshed
White panther thing, You can write this down and save it, cause sure as I typed it it's gonna happen. I have watched that team of yours. I think they are good but we are gonna have over three hundred yards offense on them if they make it that far. I believe the Beechwood coaches will see what I see and may put an end to your season before we can. Now, I'm not fond of downplaying another team but, when smacked we will smack back, just harder. Just hang in there though, In about 10 years yall will have another team worthy enough for you to talk some more crap.:ChairHit:
Oh, by the way, I think Red&Blk was attempting to take up for you all on this site. That just goes to show the difference betwee fans of teams that have been there and those that haven't. You need to hang out with sur64 and you two can beat your chests all day long.
Pages: 1 2 3